LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 263 users in the forums

11 Time WS Champion St. Louis Cardinals Thread

• jrg
  • Veteran
http://www.stltoday.com/sports/baseball/professional/cardinal-beat/cards-set-to-offer-bengie-molina-a-coaching-position/article_9c4b74fd-e677-58fa-b7b0-10df91d61748.html

Cards set to offer Bengie Molina a coaching position

• jrg
  • Veteran
The Cardinals have reached a contract agreement with lefty reliever Randy Choate, according to ESPN.com's Jayson Stark (via Twitter).

CHAMPIONSHIP
Originally posted by jrg:
The Cardinals have reached a contract agreement with lefty reliever Randy Choate, according to ESPN.com's Jayson Stark (via Twitter).

CHAMPIONSHIP

I guess as long as you are lefthanded and at least mediocre you can still get a job in the majors even at 37.
  • jrg
  • Veteran

Just found out it was a 3 year deal
[ Edited by jrg on Dec 5, 2012 at 2:41 PM ]
  • jrg
  • Veteran
If guys like Jeff Keppinger are getting deals they are, than Skip Schumaker has to hold some value.

Twins and Dodgers interested
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Thanks Dodgers. Now Wainwright looks like this

[ Edited by jrg on Dec 9, 2012 at 10:10 AM ]

lol after all his health issues, theres not a chance he gets even 100 mil. Or even more than 3 years.
If guys like Jeff Keppinger are getting deals they are, than Skip Schumaker has to hold some value.

Twins and Dodgers interested

who aren't the Dodgers interested in not named Brian Wilson?
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niners99:

lol after all his health issues, theres not a chance he gets even 100 mil. Or even more than 3 years.

Guaranteed he will

And "all these health issues"...uh what? He had one surgery. Plenty of pitchers have cashed in after TJ.

Guaranteed he will

And "all these health issues"...uh what? He had one surgery. Plenty of pitchers have cashed in after TJ.

A 31 year old SP who had TJ surgery and didnt look like the same guy for an entire season after coming back? He'll be 32 when it comes time to talk. Would you really feel comfortable giving him more than 3 years? The TJ came at a bad time for him. I would be shocked if he got a huge deal.

• jrg
  • Veteran

Guaranteed he will

A 31 year old SP who had TJ surgery and didnt look like the same guy for an entire season after coming back? He'll be 32 when it comes time to talk. Would you really feel comfortable giving him more than 3 years? The TJ came at a bad time for him. I would be shocked if he got a huge deal.

Nobody is the same the first year off TJ. He'll get a 5 year deal.

Guaranteed he will

So youre saying he gets 5 years, 100 or more mil? Paying a pitcher who hasnt been an ace since 2010 (post TJ surgery) 20+ mil a season until age 37 is a terrible idea. I will laugh hysterically if STL does that.
  • jrg
  • Veteran

Guaranteed he will

So youre saying he gets 5 years, 100 or more mil? Paying a pitcher who hasnt been an ace since 2010 (post TJ surgery) 20+ mil a season until age 37 is a terrible idea. I will laugh hysterically if STL does that.

I believe they will. Do you not think he can be the ace he was again? He had his bad games last year, but he also had CG SHOs with 10+ Ks. I never expected him as an ace last year. Going forward, I do.

Guaranteed he will

I believe they will. Do you not think he can be the ace he was again? He had his bad games last year, but he also had CG SHOs with 10+ Ks. I never expected him as an ace last year. Going forward, I do.

I dont think he will ever be the 09-10 Wainwright who was a top 3 CY guy. The injury on top of the age factor just pushes him past that prime. He may still be a very solid SP for a couple years, but he missed the boat for ace money.

By the time hes proven to the Cards he is back to top form, and can be trusted with a big money deal, he will be too old. No smart team gives a pitcher more than 3 years at age 32. Especially when the guy is trying to get back to what he used to be before an injury.
I dont think he will ever be the 09-10 Wainwright who was a top 3 CY guy. The injury on top of the age factor just pushes him past that prime. He may still be a very solid SP for a couple years, but he missed the boat for ace money.

By the time hes proven to the Cards he is back to top form, and can be trusted with a big money deal, he will be too old. No smart team gives a pitcher more than 3 years at age 32. Especially when the guy is trying to get back to what he used to be before an injury.
So in other words he might be a Dodger.
Share 49ersWebzone