LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 334 users in the forums

11 Time WS Champion St. Louis Cardinals Thread

• MuggD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jrg:
Originally posted by MuggD:
James, any reason I should look at Lance Lynn in my fantasy league?

Maybe in later rounds for a deeper league. He's nothing too special, but 13-15 wins is possible.

Draft was last Sunday and he's a FA. Leake is a FA too.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
James, any reason I should look at Lance Lynn in my fantasy league?

Maybe in later rounds for a deeper league. He's nothing too special, but 13-15 wins is possible.

Draft was last Sunday and he's a FA. Leake is a FA too.

Both are worth picking up for their starts, but not really worth keeping on your roster.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Both are worth picking up for their starts, but not really worth keeping on your roster.

Thanks. We have a min number of adds each week and a couple of my starters will not start the season on time (David Price) so looking to add pitcher to hold down the fort for a month or two. It's slim pickins right now lol.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Yadier Molina. Retiring a Cardinal. Absolutely love it.

Gyorko starting at 2B. Wong gonna sulk.
Nice brain fart by the second baseman so instead of two outs with only one baserunner you caused the game to get tied up. I mean 1st baseman f**ked it up.
[ Edited by ninerjok on Apr 2, 2017 at 8:57 PM ]
  • jrg
  • Veteran
AYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
Dodgers and Cardinals legend Pedro Guerrero reportedly near death-
There are conflicting reports this morning from the Dominican Republic regarding the legendary Pedro Guerrero, all of them bad.

As compiled by J.P. Hoornstra of the O.C. Register, one reporter is saying that Guerrero has died. Another tweets that Guerrero is brain dead. ESPN's Enrique Rojas reports that Guerrero suffered a stroke. Another says Guerrero suffered a heart attack. Guerrero suffered a stroke two years ago but had since recovered.

UPDATE:

Former @Dodgers slugger Pedro Guerrero suffered intraventricular hemorrhage, is in critical condition, @USATODAYsports has learned.
http://mlb.nbcsports.com/2017/04/04/dodgers-and-cardinals-legend-pedro-guerrero-reportedly-near-death/
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
I'd love to know what that pitch was about last night
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Janitor:

wainwright's?

part of the plan

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/baseball/professional/birdland/wainwright-safety-was-the-reason-for-one-of-the-worst/article_61cd8187-4fbe-577e-b47f-afbb81b96f02.html

"In that spot, I know I'm 0-2 on the pitcher," Wainwright said. "Even though he's a good hitter I feel like I can get him. It's going to be a wild pitch. I'd rather have a wild pitch and second and third with a 1-2 count and one out than have Yadier on a stretcher."

Two runners advanced on the wild pitch, but Wainwright did not allow either another 90 feet. He spiked a curveball (on purpose) in front of the plate to get Arrieta swinging for the second out of the fourth inning. Wainwright then got 2-2 on center fielder Albert Almora Jr. before striking out the No. 9 hitter. Wainwright had six outs and allowed the two runs on three hits in his five innings of work.

After the wild pitch, Wainwright and Molina talked. The pitcher assured him he was fine. The catcher offered him a suggestion if he saw the same shift again.

"He told me next time just throw it, and he'll catch it," Wainwright said. "He's probably one of the only people in the world that could that. No reason to risk it."

• jrg
  • Veteran
video explanation

• Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Originally posted by Janitor:

wainwright's?

part of the plan

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/baseball/professional/birdland/wainwright-safety-was-the-reason-for-one-of-the-worst/article_61cd8187-4fbe-577e-b47f-afbb81b96f02.html

"In that spot, I know I'm 0-2 on the pitcher," Wainwright said. "Even though he's a good hitter I feel like I can get him. It's going to be a wild pitch. I'd rather have a wild pitch and second and third with a 1-2 count and one out than have Yadier on a stretcher."

Two runners advanced on the wild pitch, but Wainwright did not allow either another 90 feet. He spiked a curveball (on purpose) in front of the plate to get Arrieta swinging for the second out of the fourth inning. Wainwright then got 2-2 on center fielder Albert Almora Jr. before striking out the No. 9 hitter. Wainwright had six outs and allowed the two runs on three hits in his five innings of work.

After the wild pitch, Wainwright and Molina talked. The pitcher assured him he was fine. The catcher offered him a suggestion if he saw the same shift again.

"He told me next time just throw it, and he'll catch it," Wainwright said. "He's probably one of the only people in the world that could that. No reason to risk it."

A likely explanation.
  • Jiks
Is it true Molina has pine tar on his s**t? If so, HOF is now Pete Rose.
Originally posted by Jiks:
Is it true Molina has pine tar on his s**t? If so, HOF is now Pete Rose.

Need to put asterisk in his career imo

Like they tried to do my n***a bonds
  • jrg
  • Veteran
lol nice try
Share 49ersWebzone