LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 252 users in the forums

11 Time WS Champion St. Louis Cardinals Thread

• jrg
  • Veteran

Grichuk was the Angels 4th best prospect in their organization and a 2009 first round pick
[ Edited by jrg on Nov 22, 2013 at 12:12 PM ]
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pahlerbj:
whats the scoop on Fernando Salas?

average reliever. can be pretty decent at times..but was horrible w/ the cardinals towards the end in STL
Originally posted by jrg:

average reliever. can be pretty decent at times..but was horrible w/ the cardinals towards the end in STL

Really declined the last couple of years but he is still young and has a decent K/9 ratio. Not a bad set up guy.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

Really declined the last couple of years but he is still young and has a decent K/9 ratio. Not a bad set up guy.

just couldn't say consistent. was either great or awful. he didn't have much of a role left once the young guys took over the bullpen.
  • jrg
  • Veteran

huge upgrade for the Angels lol

hahaha
So is Carpenter moving to 3rd or are they going to try to move Craig to 3rd. Would make more sense to move Craig to RF, have Fatboy play 1st, Wong at 2nd and Carpenter at 3rd. Just need a SS.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LarryT1974:
So is Carpenter moving to 3rd or are they going to try to move Craig to 3rd. Would make more sense to move Craig to RF, have Fatboy play 1st, Wong at 2nd and Carpenter at 3rd. Just need a SS.

Jhonny Peralta signed today. Carpenter at 3B, Peralta at SS, and Wong at 2B
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Mozeliak said he had two goals this offseason.

• Improve offense from the SS position
  • Improve defense from the CF position

Both of them completed in one week. This also means Taveras will likely start the season in AAA.

1. Carpenter 3B
2. Wong 2B
3. Holliday LF
4. Craig RF
5. Molina C
6. Adams 1B
7. Peralta SS
8. Bourjos CF
9. Wainwright SP

Arguably the best lineup in baseball with a very good starting rotation and a flame throwing bullpen/closer? I'll take it.

Both of them completed in one week. This also means Taveras will likely start the season in AAA.

1. Carpenter 3B
2. Wong 2B
3. Holliday LF
4. Craig RF
5. Molina C
6. Adams 1B
7. Peralta SS
8. Bourjos CF
9. Wainwright SP

Arguably the best lineup in baseball with a very good starting rotation and a flame throwing bullpen/closer? I'll take it.

Lots of unknowns. Peralta and Bourjos coming over to a new league. Wong completely unproven. Adams has never been a regular starter and struggled in the post season. If the Dodgers get Price or Tanaka they would be the favorites in my opinion.
  • jrg
  • Veteran

1. Carpenter 3B
2. Wong 2B
3. Holliday LF
4. Craig RF
5. Molina C
6. Adams 1B
7. Peralta SS
8. Bourjos CF
9. Wainwright SP

Lots of unknowns. Peralta and Bourjos coming over to a new league. Wong completely unproven. Adams has never been a regular starter and struggled in the post season. If the Dodgers get Price or Tanaka they would be the favorites in my opinion.

I think they'll get Tanaka. Thing with the Cardinals is they have crazy flexibility. If Wong doesn't work out this year, Carpenter can move back to 2B and Peralta can play 3B with Kozma/Descalso at SS. Jay/Taveras are ready for CF if needed. Craig can go to 1B and Jay/Bourjos/Taveras in RF if Adams struggles.

Wainwright
Miller
Wacha
Lynn
Garcia

Motte set up guy for Rosenthal?

f**k..baseball can't come soon enough

I think they'll get Tanaka. Thing with the Cardinals is they have crazy flexibility. If Wong doesn't work out this year, Carpenter can move back to 2B and Peralta can play 3B with Kozma/Descalso at SS. Jay/Taveras are ready for CF if needed. Craig can go to 1B and Jay/Bourjos/Taveras in RF if Adams struggles.

Wainwright
Miller
Wacha
Lynn
Garcia

I just cannot imagine Martinez not being a starter or the #1 set up guy. His stuff is way too good. I would put Garcia in the pen and start Martinez.
  • jrg
  • Veteran

Wainwright
Miller
Wacha
Lynn
Garcia

I just cannot imagine Martinez not being a starter or the #1 set up guy. His stuff is way too good. I would put Garcia in the pen and start Martinez.

Yeah. It's gonna be hard to not have him in the rotation. If Martinez gets the #5 job, I'd imagine Garcia would be cut.
Cards setting a bad example for PED users with the Peralta contract.
Originally posted by valrod33:

Nothing would please me more than to see this guy be a complete bust in StL.
Originally posted by valrod33:

Nothing would please me more than to see this guy be a complete bust in StL.

agreed
Share 49ersWebzone