There are 222 users in the forums

11 Time WS Champion St. Louis Cardinals Thread

• jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niners99:
Way to get it done today Cards! Beat LA twice in the same day.

Now Wainwright just needs to come up big in game 3 against Ryu, and LA will be forced to either start crappy Ricky Nolasco in game 4, or Greinke on short rest (which I think they do regardless).

Yeah I think Greinke goes Game 4 and Kershaw again Game 5. Especially if Wainwright does his thing..they'll be in desperation mode. Which is fine for me..because even if they do send it back to STL, the Cardinals won't have to face Greinke/Kershaw anymore.
Originally posted by jrg:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by jrg:
Alright jrg, is that bandwagon seat still open? Im in for these next 4-7 games. Go Cardinals.

hop on. everybody else is all over the dodgers nuts

I'm rooting for the Cards to make the WS.. and then lose.

Same here. I want the Cards to beat the Dodgers, and the Tigers to beat the Red Sox. Then the Tigers beat the Cards in a WS rematch.

jrg, I cant speak for John, but I would rather see STL ultimately fail in the WS for a few reasons. First, they win enough. 11 WS titles (9 of them legit ), and 2 of them were recent. Its getting boring to see the Cards take the title. Second, I think both teams in the AL are better. And Third, nobody wants to hear you bragging for the entire offseason again. lol

Although if they do win, that just means the pattern must continue next year, and the Giants will be 2014 champs.

The Dodgers, Cards, or Red Sox winning would be terrible. The Tigers are the only hope left. They have the best 1-2-3 punch rotation in the Majors, they have the best hitter in the Majors, its its been almost 30 years for them. None of them are ideal, but theyre the lesser of the evils.

As long as the Dodgers dont win, thats all that matters though. I was disappointed to hear that Allen Craig wasnt healthy enough to play in this series.

Haha wait..9 of them are legit? All 11 are legit.

Cardinals winning never gets old..I figured you Giants fans would want is to win to keep the steak we have going.

Giants fans hate the Cardinals. I don't get it.

lol weve been over this. 2 of them came in 1942 and 1944 when a ton of the regulars were serving in WWII. 1942, 1943, and 1944 really werent totally legit seasons. It was a lot of fill in guys. They still technically count, but when a bunch of star players are missing its not really the same game.

I dont think Giants fans hate the Cardinals, were just annoyed by them. They win ALOT, which always brings on negativity from other fans. Heck, this is the 8th time in the last 14 years that the Cards are in the NLCS. Plus the fans can be extremely cocky and biased. I know you argue that every time, but Cards fans LOVE them some Cardinals players.

2002 and 2012 made up for 1987, but it probably just has alot to do with 2 winning teams being in the same league against eachother for a long time. Weve clashed alot over the years because of that. Giants have non divisional rivalries with the Cards, Braves, and Phillies. Not so much the Mets, Brewers, or Pirates.
Looks like Chris Carpenter has a nice front office job waiting for him after he hangs it up.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
BTW jrg, Lance Lynn's career stats against the current Dodger lineup (game 4)

Carl Crawford- 2-4, 1 k
Mark Ellis- 2-9, 3 k
Hanley Ramirez- 0-3, 2 k
Adrian Gonzalez- 1-4, 1 k
Yasiel Puig- 0-1
Juan Uribe- 1-2, 1 k
Andre Ethier- 1-7
A.J. Ellis- 1-7, 4 k

So thats 8-37 (.216 avg) with 12 k's and no HR?
Looks like if you guys are planning to bring Beltran back, that will cost 14.1 mil for a one year deal. It will also potentially signal Tavares is not ready yet.

However, the Craig/Adams problem will have to be settled.
Originally posted by robniner:
Looks like if you guys are planning to bring Beltran back, that will cost 14.1 mil for a one year deal. It will also potentially signal Tavares is not ready yet.

I think they should move Adams to 3rd. My fantasy team would greatly appreciate that.

Im assuming Beltran would be looking for another 2-3 year deal after what looks to be another great postseason. If he ends up a playoff hero, they might have to give him the old Marco Scutaro "3 years for that old guy??" contract.
Praying for a Cards win tonight. Praying.
  • jrg
  • Veteran

I think they should move Adams to 3rd. My fantasy team would greatly appreciate that.

Im assuming Beltran would be looking for another 2-3 year deal after what looks to be another great postseason. If he ends up a playoff hero, they might have to give him the old Marco Scutaro "3 years for that old guy??" contract.

Craig would go to 3rd before Adams
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by billbird2111:

No chance Carlos Beltran would sign a 1 year deal. If the Cards want him back it will have to be 2 years /30 million minimum. My guess is they let him walk and he goes to the AL.
Originally posted by billbird2111:

I dont want the Dodgers to win but I refuse to use my prayer allowance on the Cardinals.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

No chance Carlos Beltran would sign a 1 year deal. If the Cards want him back it will have to be 2 years /30 million minimum. My guess is they let him walk and he goes to the AL.

Ya it'll be a 2-3 year deal.

If he does leave, I hope it's to an AL team. Don't wanna face that dude in the playoffs.
Game 4 becomes an important game because the Dodgers are threatening to set their rotation like this:

Gm 5: Kershaw
Gm 6: Grienke*
Gm 7: Kershaw*

Very likely the Cards will go

Gm 5: Kelly
Gm 6: Wacha*

Game 7 has been predetermined to be Wainwright.

FS1's Eric Karros stated that the one who wins Game 3 may win the series. Then again he is a Dodger homer.

The Lynn that showed up in the starts against L.A. during the regular season needs to show up in Game 4.

Wish the Cards won Game 3.
Game 4 becomes an important game because the Dodgers are threatening to set their rotation like this:

Gm 5: Kershaw
Gm 6: Grienke*
Gm 7: Kershaw*

Very likely the Cards will go

Gm 5: Kelly
Gm 6: Wacha*

Game 7 has been predetermined to be Wainwright.

FS1's Eric Karros stated that the one who wins Game 3 may win the series. Then again he is a Dodger homer.

The Lynn that showed up in the starts against L.A. during the regular season needs to show up in Game 4.

Wish the Cards won Game 3.

LOL the Dodgers arent going to pitch Kershaw on 2 days rest. Are you nuts?
Share 49ersWebzone