There are 184 users in the forums

11 Time WS Champion St. Louis Cardinals Thread

• jrg
  • Veteran
Oh well.

W 38-19

Lynn 8-1

Now we get WachaMania again tomorrow. Hopefully Rosenthal and Mujica will be available this time...at least Boggs isn't here to blow it.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Lol....

Matheny just doesn't trust this bullpen, that's the only reason I can see for putting in the only reliable guys you have. Mo will make a couple solid acquisitions before the deadline to shore up the bullpen...he always does.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LarryT1974:
Matheny just doesn't trust this bullpen, that's the only reason I can see for putting in the only reliable guys you have. Mo will make a couple solid acquisitions before the deadline to shore up the bullpen...he always does.

I mean..I guess. Its just frustrating because just Thursday he had Boggs in to blow Wacha's big debut because Mujica and Rosenthal weren't available. Well, this is an example of why they weren't.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
On MLB Network they just said not only is Yadier Molina the best catcher in baseball (when you combine offense, handling of pitching staff, shutting down the running game) but he is also the MVP of the NL. They said if he were not handling this pitching staff, the Cardinals would not be 19 games above .500. Leads the NL in hitting at .350. The most valuable position player to his team right now.

They also said what he means to these young pitchers and what he is capable of doing behind the plate...there is no stat sheet for that. No way to measure the confidence he gives these pitchers. You're not gonna get what he gives from anybody else behind the plate. Shuts down the running game...theres no real stat to show that. They just don't run on him. He threw out 2 more tonight trying. He is the Deion Sanders of the MLB. They "don't throw to Deion's side" as they don't run on Yadi.
Originally posted by jrg:
On MLB Network they just said not only is Yadier Molina the best catcher in baseball (when you combine offense, handling of pitching staff, shutting down the running game) but he is also the MVP of the NL. They said if he were not handling this pitching staff, the Cardinals would not be 19 games above .500. Leads the NL in hitting at .350. The most valuable position player to his team right now.

They also said what he means to these young pitchers and what he is capable of doing behind the plate...there is no stat sheet for that. No way to measure the confidence he gives these pitchers. You're not gonna get what he gives from anybody else behind the plate. Shuts down the running game...theres no real stat to show that. They just don't run on him. He threw out 2 more tonight trying. He is the Deion Sanders of the MLB. They "don't throw to Deion's side" as they don't run on Yadi.

Because MLB Network is always right...

Every major league GM besides John Mozeliak would take Posey over Molina.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niners99:

Because MLB Network is always right...

Every major league GM besides John Mozeliak would take Posey over Molina.

I knew that'd get you in here. Works like the bat signal w/ you. I never said they are always right. Just pointing out what they said.

You are SO wrong if you believe every GM would take Posey over Molina. Hell, Mozeliak didn't even draft Molina...so I don't even know what that means.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
It'd be 50/50..don't be a homer. Both are unbelievable.

One thing I always hear w/ Molina is "watch a full season of Cardinals games and you'll understand"

Like they said..there isn't stats on the little things he does. The small advantages he gives.
It'd be 50/50..don't be a homer. Both are unbelievable.

One thing I always hear w/ Molina is "watch a full season of Cardinals games and you'll understand"

Like they said..there isn't stats on the little things he does. The small advantages he gives.

lol 50/50? Give me a break. Molina is 31 years old. Its not bias, its common sense. Posey is the better player, and hes 26. Molina wasnt even an above average offensive catcher until his 8th year in the big leagues.

I lived in KC, so I know how loyal midwestern fans are with their hometown players. I get it. Nobody is saying Molina isnt a great overall catcher, but if given the choice, no GM is going to pick Molina over a 26 year old MVP.

Like i said before, Molina's best offensive season was comparable to Posey's rookie season. Posey is on pace to DOUBLE Molina's career WAR.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
What are you talking about? I originally said what MLB network said about Molina. MVP. Then you barge in here with this Posey crap again. I'm talking about this season.

Nobody said anything about "who'd you'd pick if starting a team"
[ Edited by jrg on Jun 4, 2013 at 1:59 AM ]

• jrg
  • Veteran
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Wacha not as sharp
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Not used to this
  • jrg
  • Veteran