There are 186 users in the forums

2012-13 General NBA Discussion Thread

HGH testing possibly coming to the NBA next season. Gonna be real interesting. Ric Bucher made a strong point on the radio yesterday about the guys in Miami. Kobe going to Germany to get surgery (I think) one time and was with A-Rod.
Originally posted by SF69ers:
HGH testing possibly coming to the NBA next season. Gonna be real interesting. Ric Bucher made a strong point on the radio yesterday about the guys in Miami. Kobe going to Germany to get surgery (I think) one time and was with A-Rod.

The kings will emerge because no one can afford hgh there
  • Jiks
Rumor that Al Jefferson may be off to San Antonio for Tiego Splitter, Stephan Jackson, and Patty Mills?

Not sure that's what I was expecting for Al, but wouldn't mind seeing Tiego come off the bench. Jackson can SAD and not sure about Patty Mills.
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Rumor that Al Jefferson may be off to San Antonio for Tiego Splitter, Stephan Jackson, and Patty Mills?

Not sure that's what I was expecting for Al, but wouldn't mind seeing Tiego come off the bench. Jackson can SAD and not sure about Patty Mills.

Lol

Great trade for the spurs

Just meh players for the jizz
  • jrg
  • Veteran

Stephen Jackson is gonna play for every NBA team before he retires
Originally posted by jrg:

Stephen Jackson is gonna play for every NBA team before he retires

I wish he was on the kings. He'd be a great mentor for Demarcus cousins.
  • Jiks
Originally posted by marshniners24:

Lol

Great trade for the spurs

Just meh players for the jizz

Al Jefferson is the softest player to ever play in the NBA. His scoring is fantastic, probably one of the best big man in the game in that sense, but his softness on defense and lack of will to play it are mind boggling at how completely horrid he is. Dude wont go up strong to the basket, can't dunk, can't play zone, can't play man, can't box out, and the concept of help defense doesn't register. Not to mention the inability to pass the ball. If he were only able to play defense, he would be one of the best players in the league I honestly think. That just goes to show how awful he really is at it.

Seriously would like to get more out of him, but this one reason we probably wont. And yeah f**k making the Spurs better but all he offers is scoring. Not sure how he'll do when asked to play some defense like the Spurs are so good at.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Sick move by Lebron!
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:

Awesome. Love the showmanship.

• Jiks
Originally posted by LA9erFan:

Used to despise Lebron. But he has really grown on me with all his hard work and sportsmanship that he displays. He's a little cocky of course but nothing compared to a lot of these other Super stars you see around the league.

Used to despise Lebron. But he has really grown on me with all his hard work and sportsmanship that he displays. He's a little cocky of course but nothing compared to a lot of these other Super stars you see around the league.

You can't be great without being cocky, IMO. Especially in basketball. LeBron's cockiness never bothered me. The premature coronation and him being completely scared of the moment in 2011 did. But now he is That Dude and I have no problem giving him props for it.
[ Edited by LA9erFan on Feb 9, 2013 at 10:38 AM ]
  • jrg
  • Veteran
^Was watching the game when that happened.

Starting to become a fan of the guy. Seems like he isn't SUPER SERIOUS 24/7 and is having fun.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
You can't be great without being cocky, IMO. Especially in basketball. LeBron's cockiness never bothered me. The premature coronation and him being completely scared of the moment in 2011 did. But now he is That Dude and I have no problem giving him props for it.

Honestly...thank you summer of 2011.
Share 49ersWebzone