LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 246 users in the forums

2012-13 General NBA Discussion Thread

He clearly came out because he is retiring. So does that really count as an "active" NBA player?
Originally posted by 9erReign:
He clearly came out because he is retiring. So does that really count as an "active" NBA player?

read the piece

I've reached that enviable state in life in which I can do pretty much what I want. And what I want is to continue to play basketball. I still love the game, and I still have something to offer. My coaches and teammates recognize that.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/magazine/news/20130429/jason-collins-gay-nba-player/#ixzz2RsQTgfEz
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame

Maybe someone will give him a job next year for the publicity.
Originally posted by crzy:

prolly the magic or bobcats

He could replace Dwight Howard who's leaving to Houston
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:

He could replace Dwight Howard who's leaving to Houston

That would appease Kobe

Lulz, Duncan is the best
  • jrg
  • Veteran
lol howard

hope you enjoyed your stay in los angeles
Originally posted by vrabbit:

read the piece

I've reached that enviable state in life in which I can do pretty much what I want. And what I want is to continue to play basketball. I still love the game, and I still have something to offer. My coaches and teammates recognize that.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/magazine/news/20130429/jason-collins-gay-nba-player/#ixzz2RsQTgfEz

Sounds like he found a way to get tenure. Ain't no way a team is going to let him go now. He just secured his job.

Originally posted by Joecool:
Sounds like he found a way to get tenure. Ain't no way a team is going to let him go now. He just secured his job.

He isn't under contract with any team, so nobody would be "letting him go." He is out of the league. Like crzy said this may get a team enough publicity that they would sign him though.
Originally posted by TheGoldStandard:

Howard turned out to be a b***h.

lol is this for real? i couldn't see duncan doing that
Originally posted by Joecool:

Howard turned out to be a b***h.

So much so that you wouldn't bring him back next year?
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Share 49ersWebzone