LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 264 users in the forums

2012-13 Los Angeles Lakers Thread

Do we really have to start worrying about whether or not we make the playoffs? I mean come on.
Just a big facepalm.
James Worthy just going off on this team. LOL
Ron Artest the only player on the Lakers whom plays hard and smart on both sides of the ball. Kobe just doesn't seems as if he is willing to play D. guess somewhere M. Brown is enjoying his millions.
[ Edited by Negrodamus on Jan 6, 2013 at 9:15 PM ]
f**k Everything
Originally posted by GameOver:
f**k Everything

Lol this
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
what a assist by D12 to Gallinari

Seriously. He needs to learn to control his blocks. He turns it right back over to the other team more often than not.
Since stupid ass Kevin Love broke his hand again, im back to hating him. my hate for him reminded me how much i hate the Lakers.

this made me happy

Perhaps Dwight Howard isn't long for Los Angeles. [Howard] and Kobe Bryant just can't get along, and there's a team in Brooklyn that might be waiting to pick up the pieces. A league source told the Daily News that the Lakers stars got into a heated exchange following a New Year's Day loss to the 76ers, and Bryant went for a low blow -- referencing and agreeing with Shaquille O'Neal's criticisms of Howard being soft. Howard was restrained from going at his teammate, according to the source, and there have been rumblings from the center's camp that he's been unhappy with Bryant since earlier in the season. Three days after the altercation, following a disheartening loss to the Clippers, Howard complained about the lack of chemistry on the Lakers.
Lakers need to blow this team up. The future is not bright for this group and I would try to move Howard right now to get some young talent and picks. Obviously the guy isnt coming back next year.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Lakers need to blow this team up. The future is not bright for this group and I would try to move Howard right now to get some young talent and picks. Obviously the guy isnt coming back next year.

Well thank god haters like you aren't in charge.

Originally posted by StOnEy333:

LOL. You can be happy next year then when Howard is gone, you have nothing in return, Gasol is on the hook for another 19 million, and the key players are closer to the retirement home. Sometimes you just have to move on. I wouldnt expect a Laker homer to agree with me but I think it really is time to blow it up. JMHO.
Originally posted by Valrod33:
Since stupid ass Kevin Love broke his hand again, im back to hating him. my hate for him reminded me how much i hate the Lakers.

this made me happy

Perhaps Dwight Howard isn't long for Los Angeles. [Howard] and Kobe Bryant just can't get along, and there's a team in Brooklyn that might be waiting to pick up the pieces. A league source told the Daily News that the Lakers stars got into a heated exchange following a New Year's Day loss to the 76ers, and Bryant went for a low blow -- referencing and agreeing with Shaquille O'Neal's criticisms of Howard being soft. Howard was restrained from going at his teammate, according to the source, and there have been rumblings from the center's camp that he's been unhappy with Bryant since earlier in the season. Three days after the altercation, following a disheartening loss to the Clippers, Howard complained about the lack of chemistry on the Lakers.

No s**t, I wonder if thats about the same time that he realized he can't make free throws
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
can the lakers trade howard before the deadline ?

LOL. You can be happy next year then when Howard is gone, you have nothing in return, Gasol is on the hook for another 19 million, and the key players are closer to the retirement home. Sometimes you just have to move on. I wouldnt expect a Laker homer to agree with me but I think it really is time to blow it up. JMHO.

Howard stands to lose a LOT of money of he leaves the Lakers. Something you haters seem to think has no effect on the situation. You say the future isn't bright and the Lakers should move their youngest brightest star, then back up your argument by giving examples of all the older superstars making s**t loads of money.

Do you see the flaw in your argument?

Howard stands to lose a LOT of money of he leaves the Lakers. Something you haters seem to think has no effect on the situation. You say the future isn't bright and the Lakers should move their youngest brightest star, then back up your argument by giving examples of all the older superstars making s**t loads of money.

Do you see the flaw in your argument?

I gave examples of older stars making big money? Actually, I mentioned just one.. Gasol and his 19M dollar contract for next year. If the Lakers could deal Gasol or Nash right now and get anything they should do that. I just do not think they can get much of anything for either.

As for Howard, he may lose some money if he leaves but he is still going to get a huge contract. If he is miserable with Kobe and can go elsewhere and still make big money I would bet on that happening.

The easy thing to do would be to just sit tight and do nothing. Probably that is what Cupcake will do. Maybe, somehow, he will catch lightening in a bottle and the Lakers will get it together. I just dont see it myself.
[ Edited by Ninerjohn on Jan 7, 2013 at 10:41 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone