LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 295 users in the forums

2012-13 Los Angeles Lakers Thread

• BobS
  • Veteran
I saw an article that said Kobe was the youngest to 30,000 points, it did not list the ages the other guys attained it. Even though Wilt went to college, one year he averaged 50 points a game, I don't think Kobe was much younger than Wilt when he got to 30k.
Also, it is important to note that Kareem and Wilt were big men, getting easier looks closer to the basket. I think it's much harder for shooting guards to attain this.

Jordan was always better than Kobe at going to this rim with his big hands and athleticism. Kobe in his earlier days was a high flyer and an attacker, but for the bulk of these points it has been off jump shots. He has to be considered the greatest mid-range shooter, and really who has a better all-around game all things considered? As a pure scorer, between posting up, 3 pointers, going to the rim, fade aways, he really is the complete offensive package.

All 5 guys are insane, but I think its harder for Jordan and Kobe, and especially Kobe given how much harder it is to achieve this as a jump shooter.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Grats, Kobe. Tomorrow against OKC ain't gonna be pretty.
I guess Pete is so disgusted with the Lakers, he doesn't want to talk with us anymore.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
I guess Pete is so disgusted with the Lakers, he doesn't want to talk with us anymore.

LOL, I'm sorry. My basketball team's in the middle of a 12 games in 13 days stretch, () I have Finals coming up in school and a 12 page research paper that's due, and I just don't have the mental energy to talk about these f**ktards right now.

I will say that I'm glad that as of Wednesday's game, D'Antoni actually let someone other than Kobe run PG. And it was nice to see Dwight call out Kobe on his defensive BS. That's gonna be good for the team.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
LOL, I'm sorry. My basketball team's in the middle of a 12 games in 13 days stretch, () I have Finals coming up in school and a 12 page research paper that's due, and I just don't have the mental energy to talk about these f**ktards right now.

I will say that I'm glad that as of Wednesday's game, D'Antoni actually let someone other than Kobe run PG. And it was nice to see Dwight call out Kobe on his defensive BS. That's gonna be good for the team.

Dwight needs to STFU his elementary school FT shooting has already killed us in a number of games. He doesn't have the right to call out Kobe whatsoever
Originally posted by FL9er:
Grats, Kobe. Tomorrow against OKC ain't gonna be pretty.

This, Thunder win by 37647567561730
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

Dwight needs to STFU his elementary school FT shooting has already killed us in a number of games. He doesn't have the right to call out Kobe whatsoever

His FT shooting hasn't killed us. Take the Rockets game for example. He goes 4-8 during Hack-A-Dwight, scoring 4 points on 4 possessions. Then, in the last 4 possessions in the last 2:00, Kobe uses each of them and goes Missed jumper, missed layup, made 3 pointer, missed jumper...scoring 3 points in 4 possessions. But when the game's over, everyone's screaming bloody murder about Dwight. It's basic math. Dwight's FT shooting is frustrating as hell, but it's still an effective scoring opportunity as long as he's making about 50% of them. Most possessions down the stretch yield less than 1 point per possession.

The problem down the stretch of that Houston game and the Orlando game was our defense. You know how many points we gave up in the last 6 minutes of each those games? 52. 52 points in 12 minutes. But Dwight's FT shooting was the big problem?

He was absolutely right to call Kobe out on his s**tty helpside defense on the pick & roll, and our defense picked up considerably after that. They're both big boys. I'm glad to see them holding each other accountable. Kobe's been a sacred cow for too long. I'm glad there's someone on the court with him with the gravitas to hold him accountable for his defensive mistakes, and I think Nash has the same clout on the other end. It's not about blame, it's about accountability. This is healthy.
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

His FT shooting hasn't killed us. Take the Rockets game for example. He goes 4-8 during Hack-A-Dwight, scoring 4 points on 4 possessions. Then, in the last 4 possessions in the last 2:00, Kobe uses each of them and goes Missed jumper, missed layup, made 3 pointer, missed jumper...scoring 3 points in 4 possessions. But when the game's over, everyone's screaming bloody murder about Dwight. It's basic math. Dwight's FT shooting is frustrating as hell, but it's still an effective scoring opportunity as long as he's making about 50% of them. Most possessions down the stretch yield less than 1 point per possession.

The problem down the stretch of that Houston game and the Orlando game was our defense. You know how many points we gave up in the last 6 minutes of each those games? 52. 52 points in 12 minutes. But Dwight's FT shooting was the big problem?

He was absolutely right to call Kobe out on his s**tty helpside defense on the pick & roll, and our defense picked up considerably after that. They're both big boys. I'm glad to see them holding each other accountable. Kobe's been a sacred cow for too long. I'm glad there's someone on the court with him with the gravitas to hold him accountable for his defensive mistakes, and I think Nash has the same clout on the other end. It's not about blame, it's about accountability. This is healthy.

Agreed. Dwight, and his multiple Defensive MVP self, can call out Kobe any time he wants for not pulling his weight on D.

Side note: I'm predicting a Laker win tonight. Simply because they always seem to lose the games they should win. So maybe they'll win this game they're supposed to lose.

Or not. lol
I remember when someone in one of these threads said that Monta Ellis was just as good as Russell Westbrook. Not sure anyone would say that if they watched this first half. There simply is no player in the world that can stop him from scoring when he is on his game.

Well, things were going great until the bench (mostly) gave up an 18-3 run in the 2nd. Mike needs to realize that you've gotta over play some of the starters while the injuries are stacked up like they are now.

And yeah, westbrook is on fire. Not much anybody can do when he's going off like this. One thing I noticed is his little gun holstering thing he's been doing after hitting shots. The NFL put a stop to gun stuff celebrations like that decades ago. Surprised to see the NBA hasn't done the same. Especially considering the Gilbert Arenas incident.
MWP is feeling himself a little too much. He really doesn't need to keep throwing up off balanced fadeaway 3 pointers with 20 seconds on the shot clock.
When does D'Antoni get fired?
Damn Kobe not pulling his weight again on D
Originally posted by SportsFan:
When does D'Antoni get fired?

Fired?! He's an excellent coach, such a brilliant offensive mind, although his defensive approach appears to be missing it is indeed there. I couldn't have thought of a better hire. Obviously a much better hire than the greatest coach of all-time IMO FWIW
Share 49ersWebzone