There are 194 users in the forums

2012-13 Los Angeles Lakers Thread

Lakers have extended a camp invite to Shawne Williams, who was a solid contributor with D'Antoni a couple of years back in NYC. He wasn't in the league last year because of off the court issues, but he's a talented guy.

It seems pretty apparent that this is a tryout year for several guys AND D'Antoni. With the addition of Nick Young, Wesley Johnson, Jordan Farmar, & Shawne Williams (and Kaman, to an extent), he has much more in the way of guys that fit his style this year. No one's expecting a championship or anything, but he'll be expected to win at a decent clip to stick around for 2014.

Each of those players, other than Kaman, are between 26-28 years old. All are on one year deals, and there are minutes to be had. If a couple of those guys can emerge from the others, they'll likely be part of the team from '14 and beyond.
Should've kept Goudelock he was tearing up summer league.
Trevor Ariza was spotted wearing a Kobe jersey. I wonder if he'll get kraep for that.
Originally posted by LAFortyNinerfan:
Trevor Ariza was spotted wearing a Kobe jersey. I wonder if he'll get kraep for that.

lol
Kobe Bryant has made it clear this summer that he has progressed rapidly from his torn Achillies.

The Los Angeles Lakers' star said recently that he has "shattered" the normal recovery time of the injury.

"The surgical procedure was different ... and because of that the recovery has been different," Bryant said. "The normal timetable for recovery from an Achilles, we've shattered that. Three-and-a-half months I can already walk just fine, I'm lifting weights with the Achilles just fine and that's different.

"So we don't know what that timetable is going to be. It's kind of new territory for us all."

Looking good so far...or at least sounding good
I wish I could talk like @kobebryant right now, but I'm 5 weeks behind big bro...

by: Michael Crabtree
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
I wish I could talk like @kobebryant right now, but I'm 5 weeks behind big bro...

by: Michael Crabtree

Nice.
The Los Angeles Lakers will wear white short-sleeve jerseys in several games next season.

The Lakers have traditionally worn white uniforms in Sunday home games.

The original white jerseys were envisioned by Jeanie Buss.

Originally posted by GameOver:
The Los Angeles Lakers will wear white short-sleeve jerseys in several games next season.

The Lakers have traditionally worn white uniforms in Sunday home games.

The original white jerseys were envisioned by Jeanie Buss.

These look sweet.

http://instagram.com/p/dU4qubLOwj/

Originally posted by LA9erFan:
These look sweet.

Wow. We've seen these black jerseys for years on fans. Very interested in what the full look is. Interesting that they're going with the white t-shirt jerseys, and now the black uni's too. Like they aren't popular/rich enough. lol
I guess they are only wearing the sleeved jerseys twice next year. Xmas and a Los Lakers night in march.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
I guess they are only wearing the sleeved jerseys twice next year. Xmas and a Los Lakers night in march.

thank god
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
These look sweet.

Wow. We've seen these black jerseys for years on fans. Very interested in what the full look is. Interesting that they're going with the white t-shirt jerseys, and now the black uni's too. Like they aren't popular/rich enough. lol

DUDE. Ive been wanting them to rock the blacks. Can't wait.

The white sleeved ones though...yuck
Share 49ersWebzone