There are 174 users in the forums

2012-13 Los Angeles Lakers Thread

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by 4ML:
Originally posted by titan:
I think Miami and NY are more of a Celeb. spot than Chicago.

We are not talking about celebrity spot. Chicago is a much bigger market with a pretty amazing NBA history. If you want to be more celebrated and want more cameras in your face then you pick NYC/Chicago over Miami.

If you want good weather and low taxes you pick Miami over NYC and Chicago.

Lebron will be a huge celebrity and have cameras in his face wherever he goes. Just like how it is now in Miami.

I don't think he will go to LA because he doesn't want to face the "had to run to Kobe" criticism. He already went through that stuff once, I don't think he wants to go through that again. Miami will be able to get guys around him because good players will always come to Lebron.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
You guys are greatly overstating the differences of state taxes (CA vs. FL, TX) on NBA players. Larry Coon is working on a comprehensive piece explaining this, but I don't know when it will be out. But at the end of the day, it's not that big of a deal. Here's an excerpt of his overall point...

– Players pay a jock tax for each "duty day" they spend in most other states. If a player in the Western conference plays two road games with each California team, he'll have at least eight duty days in California, and pay over 13 percent on at least 8/170 of his income. The jock taxes eat into players' net income, even if they play in states without a state income tax.

– Texas doesn't have a state income tax, but that's not the only form of tax out there. There's municipal taxes, property taxes, sales taxes, etc. There's also cost-of-living differences, different endorsement earning potential, etc. So you can't look at state income tax in isolation and draw any conclusions. It's nuanced and complicated. http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-salary-cap-chat-with-larry-coon-53113

Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Side benefit of LeBron coming to LA would be 4ML & Reign becoming Laker fans.

I don't know if I'll be able to do that...............f**kkkkkkkk Lebron going to Lakers will suck monkey balls. I know I can't root against Lebron.

Anything can happen...but I highly highly doubt he leaves Miami. D-Wade better be fukin' healthy in 2013-2014.

I don't know if I'll be able to do that...............f**kkkkkkkk Lebron going to Lakers will suck monkey balls. I know I can't root against Lebron.

Anything can happen...but I highly highly doubt he leaves Miami. D-Wade better be fukin' healthy in 2013-2014.

If you read Simmons' hilarious plan for the Lakers he points out that they should ship Pau to someone like Chicago so that they beat the Heat because no superstar has ever left a 3-peat team. Anyone who wants to be in the LeBron sweepstakes next year needs to help their competitors this year. If the Heat 3peat I'm pretty sure they all stick together for one more run.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sacniner:
Lebron will be a huge celebrity and have cameras in his face wherever he goes. Just like how it is now in Miami.

I don't think he will go to LA because he doesn't want to face the "had to run to Kobe" criticism. He already went through that stuff once, I don't think he wants to go through that again. Miami will be able to get guys around him because good players will always come to Lebron.

I don't think he really cares about "had to run to Kobe" criticism. Win a chip and finals MVP and no one can really argue that.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9erReign:

If you read Simmons' hilarious plan for the Lakers he points out that they should ship Pau to someone like Chicago so that they beat the Heat because no superstar has ever left a 3-peat team. Anyone who wants to be in the LeBron sweepstakes next year needs to help their competitors this year. If the Heat 3peat I'm pretty sure they all stick together for one more run.

Simmons has nothin' better to do for a few years...then come up with these plans. It's not such a terrible idea...but IMO biggest factor in Lebron's decision will be the front-office and if they can put a team around him that has a chance of winning a chip. If any FO is making terrible deals, I doubt Lebron will even consider them.
I don't think he really cares about "had to run to Kobe" criticism. Win a chip and finals MVP and no one can really argue that.

I don't think he wants to go through that again. He has a good situation in Miami, and he should continue to build his legacy there. He shouldn't be hopping to different teams. He is too great. I doubt he goes anywhere.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sacniner:

I don't think he wants to go through that again. He has a good situation in Miami, and he should continue to build his legacy there. He shouldn't be hopping to different teams. He is too great. I doubt he goes anywhere.

I doubt he goes anywhere too. I won't mind if he goes back to Cleveland though.
I'm glad this is the new NBA offseason thread/lebron thread now.

NOT. Did I mention not? lol
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

lol...but what else is there to talk about in this thread?

Hey...Kobe might be back in the pre-season...

The guy is fukin' insane. Gotta respect that.

Haha... I was thinking that also. Thread got hijacked for a bit.

You got Lakers fans posting about getting Lebron.

Shut your stink hole and obide.

Maybe tell LA that. He's the one posting Lebron on the roster.

Maybe tell LA that. He's the one posting Lebron on the roster.

I'm telling you because you have the stink hole. LA's hole smells sweet, like candy and daisies. And don't ask me how I know that.
Originally posted by 9erReign:

LOL, that's hilarious.

I don't see them 3-peating either way, personally, and I picked 'em the last two years.
Share 49ersWebzone