There are 272 users in the forums

2012-13 Los Angeles Lakers Thread

Originally posted by MoistButtCheeks:
ouch from Dan LeBatard show

let's talk about something that we never talk about

how much the Lakers are going to stink

Nooooo lol

Meh. Just like after Shaq left, I'll say the same thing. I have faith in the Lakers to rebuild a championship squad. Now I know some things are different, but until proven otherwise, I gotta stick with this theory.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Chris CaveMan signs

lulz
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jrg:
Chris CaveMan signs

lulz

D'Antoni couldn't fit an athletic Dwight Howard in his offense...so Lakers went ahead and signed Kaman.

It's for mini-mid level, so it shouldn't be so bad. But, how does he even fit that offense?
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Chris CaveMan signs

lulz

D'Antoni couldn't fit an athletic Dwight Howard in his offense...so Lakers went ahead and signed Kaman.

It's for mini-mid level, so it shouldn't be so bad. But, how does he even fit that offense?

hahaha, that was my first thought as well
Chris CaveMan signs

lulz

It's all about signing whoever they can for the minimum at this point for the Lakers.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Chris CaveMan signs

lulz

It's all about signing whoever they can for the minimum at this point for the Lakers.

my oh my how the mighty have fallen
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
Chris CaveMan signs

lulz

my oh my how the mighty have fallen

Well this is the new CBA. Even if the Lakers wanted to, they can't just sign anybody for anything they want and take the hit on the luxury tax.
Well this is the new CBA. Even if the Lakers wanted to, they can't just sign anybody for anything they want and take the hit on the luxury tax.

They could have easily outspent the entire league if they weren't so thick headed and either took back contracts or a trade exception for Dwight.
Originally posted by 9erReign:

They could have easily outspent the entire league if they weren't so thick headed and either took back contracts or a trade exception for Dwight.

Well, IMO, there wasnt anybody worth it this year in free agency. Next summer they have a total of $8 million committed to players, and that's just Nash. I think we'll all see the classic Laker offseason next year.
[ Edited by StOnEy333 on Jul 8, 2013 at 3:17 PM ]
Originally posted by 9erReign:

or if they didn't give a 40 year old nash 10 mill a year

Steve Nash
Kobe Bryant
Carmelo Anthony
Chris Bosh
Darko Millic

Thats gonna be your 2014-2015 opening day lineup

BOOK IT
The Lakers may have a LOT of money to spend next year but who will be out there to really spend the money on to suddenly make them good? Unless they can get James to take his talents to LA I dont see anyone that can turn their fortunes around. Maybe they can get Dirk, Lebron and Wade to all come. ALl I know is I wouldnt be too excited about the prosects of Carmelo Anthony being a savior.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
The Lakers may have a LOT of money to spend next year but who will be out there to really spend the money on to suddenly make them good? Unless they can get James to take his talents to LA I dont see anyone that can turn their fortunes around. Maybe they can get Dirk, Lebron and Wade to all come. ALl I know is I wouldnt be too excited about the prosects of Carmelo Anthony being a savior.

Chances of Lebron and Wade leaving Miami (Pat Riley) are very very slim. Dirk could leave if they can't attract couple of all-star players.

IMHO, Lakers will go after 'Melo, Bosh, and Dirk...and try to team 2 of them with Nash, Kobe (resign), and Pau (resign).

Who says the entire championship roster needs to be rebuilt in one offseason?

LeBron will 3peat next season and sign a 5 year extension
Melo will stay in NY

Amare will reunite with Nash and Mr. Pringles along with Andrew Bogut and Rudy Gay

Nash/Kobe/Gay/Amare/Bogut
to form The All Injury Prone line up
Share 49ersWebzone