LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 202 users in the forums

2012-13 Los Angeles Lakers Thread

Laker fans might cry foul, but I think the entire problem behind the Lakers franchise can be summed up into two words: Kobe Bryant. Unlike guys like Michael Jordan, who pretty much played on a dominant team that only required replacements for role players, the Lakers have had to go through several transitions through the Kobe era. And not just minor changes. We're talking losing star power like Shaq, Odom (to some extent), Fisher (to some extent), with the Lakers trying to replace that kind of play by acquiring big name players. The problem here is Kobe's willingness (or lack thereof) to budge and be a team player. Everyone and their mother knows this is Kobe's team, but it's his constant harpering and gesturing in public/media outlets that this is HIS team that irks players in my opinion. I dont know exactly what was said to Howard when he met up with the Lakers, but reports stating that Kobe was using statements like "I can teach you to be a champion" are unnecessary. We get it Kobe. You're a 5 time champion and the best thing thats happened to the NBA since Jordan. But do we constantly need to hear that from your mouth ? It might work with guys like Odom or Horry, but it can demoralize and discourage star players like Howard and Gasol, who then feel as if they have to adapt their games to your liking.

I think if Kobe (this late in his career) took a more nonchalante approach, maybe like Pierce or Wade, where the focus is about team success through individual sacrifices rather than "my team, my way" the Lakers would have a better chance at landing guys like Howard.

I HIGHLY doubt Melo or James would be willing to come to LA in 2 seasons if Kobe keeps up this antic. It's a different league where success is handled by committee. One great player does not equate to championships. Teams like the Spurs, Heat, Thunder are winning bc multiple players are allowed to play their game as long as each is willing to sacrifice a bit for the other. Kobe's attitude wont help recruit anyone and he's going to end up leaving this league with only 5 rings.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
F**kin Dwight Howard you scrub!!!!

Ok just wanted to vent see you all later.
lol, HV.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
lol, HV.

lol this
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
lol, HV.

lol this

lol those
Originally posted by susweel:
lol, HV.

lol this

lol those

Lol these
Actually, lol at the current state of the Lakers franchise
Originally posted by HudsonValley:

No, you're right. If the winningest player of his generation was more of a team player, the Lakers wouldn't have had to go through transitions over these last 17 years and he'd still be winning titles with Shaq, Robert Horry, Rick Fox, & Derek Fisher.

Relax homes. You guys will get a couple of sick free agents within the next two to four years and everything will be okay. Dwight Howard is a piece of s**t
Originally posted by sacniner:

Relax homes. You guys will get a couple of sick free agents within the next two to four years and everything will be okay. Dwight Howard is a piece of s**t

He's not a Laker fan. I think you missed the "special" missive he wrote on the last page.

He's not a Laker fan. I think you missed the "special" missive he wrote on the last page.

Lol. I did miss it. It was too hard to read thru that entire post
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by sacniner:

Lol. I did miss it. It was too hard to read thru that entire post

this

I stopped after reading after he said Kobe was the main problem in the organization.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
F**kin Dwight Howard you scrub!!!!

Ok just wanted to vent see you all later.

This

No, you're right. If the winningest player of his generation was more of a team player, the Lakers wouldn't have had to go through transitions over these last 17 years and he'd still be winning titles with Shaq, Robert Horry, Rick Fox, & Derek Fisher.

don't forget the "greatness" of Lamar Odom
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

don't forget the "greatness" of Lamar Odom

Share 49ersWebzone