There are 162 users in the forums

2012-13 Los Angeles Lakers Thread

• jrg
  • Veteran
The ONLY move Dwight does is back down to the right...come to his left and throw up a right handed hook.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by jrg:
Haha, I remember this...

Top comment on the video is the best....and true...HAHA

I've never seen Dwight do any of this s**t.

Worked with Ewing with Orlando, worked with Hakeem with Orlando, worked with Kareem with the Lakers. Now back to Hakeem. lol

Dunno who else he wants to learn from
Worked with Ewing with Orlando, worked with Hakeem with Orlando, worked with Kareem with the Lakers. Now back to Hakeem. lol
Hakeem was different physically than Dwight. He was athletic but he was so nimble on his feet. Dwight is just a big athletic dinosaur lol, he's offensively retarded

I dont think Hakeem can teach Howard his own moves
[ Edited by InconvenienTTruth21 on Jul 5, 2013 at 10:38 PM ]
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Howard has been in the league for 10 years. You would think he would have made some improvements in his offensive skills by now. I doubt he will ever put the time in to do it now.

Of course he can improve, but he's been trying to improve his offensive game for years with absolutely nothing to show for it. He may be ahead of the others defensively, but overall he's not that far ahead. If Bynum could actually stay on the court for a season or two, I think he'd easily be the best overall Center. Sucks for him that he can't. lol

I get that...but he also averaged 22.9 ppg in Orlando in a season. His post game is not good, but it isn't as bad as ppl make it out to be. He has to work on it...no question about it...but if you can average almost 23 ppg in this league on 59% shooting - you're pretty darn good.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Dunno who else he wants to learn from

Needs to put in the time himself.
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
I get that...but he also averaged 22.9 ppg in Orlando in a season. His post game is not good, but it isn't as bad as ppl make it out to be. He has to work on it...no question about it...but if you can average almost 23 ppg in this league on 59% shooting - you're pretty darn good.

Ya, that happens when you're the first option on a mediocre team. That team was terrible talent-wise.
Dwight should never be a team's first or second option on offense, he isn't even close to good offensively..
[ Edited by InconvenienTTruth21 on Jul 5, 2013 at 11:06 PM ]
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
I don't have any ill will toward Dwight.

I guess now that I think from a Laker fans perspective, I understand.

Howard was IT in Orlando. He was just another guy for you. Imagine if Kobe left...that is how I took it.

Point taken, but he's got a looooooooong way to go before he's at Kobe's level. I get what your saying, but I'm just saying. lol

Kobe won championships for this team and is one of the greatest players ever. Dwight's an all star who decided to leave because he couldn't get it done on his own. I understand what you are saying James but its not even close.
Originally posted by AmpLee:
However, I don't know if I'll ever root for this team the same way I did when Jerry was the owner. I just flat out don't like Jim's decisions (I'm assuming he's calling some/many shots over Mitch).

Sorry Amp, you're my boy and all, but that's pretty f**king s**tty of you as a fan. Did you abandon the Niners when York took over and we went to s**t? Did you jump back on the bandwagon when the reigns were finally handed to Jed, the next generation of the family with the knowledge and passion that was needed to build a championship contender?
However, I don't know if I'll ever root for this team the same way I did when Jerry was the owner. I just flat out don't like Jim's decisions (I'm assuming he's calling some/many shots over Mitch).

Sorry Amp, you're my boy and all, but that's pretty f**king s**tty of you as a fan. Did you abandon the Niners when York took over and we went to s**t? Did you jump back on the bandwagon when the reigns were finally handed to Jed, the next generation of the family with the knowledge and passion that was needed to build a championship contender?

Eh, I don't know that calling out my fandom is deserving. Furthermore, equating bandwaggoning and my name is downright slander and pretty much the worst kind of insult I consider.

I simply don't like the direction of our franchise and won't support decisions I think are poor.

Well I know you aren't a bandwagon fan because you were on this site supporting them when we were s**tty. The question was rhetorical. lol

My point is if were were taken over by a s**tty owner and were crap for so many years and you still supported the Niners for all those years, why wouldn't you do the same for the Lakers?

Eh, I don't know that calling out my fandom is deserving. Furthermore, equating bandwaggoning and my name is downright slander and pretty much the worst kind of insult I consider.

I simply don't like the direction of our franchise and won't support decisions I think are poor.

Well I know you aren't a bandwagon fan because you were on this site supporting them when we were s**tty. The question was rhetorical. lol

My point is if were were taken over by a s**tty owner and were crap for so many years and you still supported the Niners for all those years, why wouldn't you do the same for the Lakers?

I could have probably said 'support' instead of 'root'. I will always root for the Lakers regardless of my support for their decisions.

Yeah, and maybe not said ever, too. You telling me if Jeanie took over, or one of Jerry's grandkids someday, and built a powerhouse you wouldn't start supporting the decisions because of the poor choices jimmy made years ago? Ever is a long time, bro. Like forever ever. ForEVER EVER? lol

I could have probably said 'support' instead of 'root'. I will always root for the Lakers regardless of my support for their decisions.

Yeah, and maybe not said ever, too. You telling me if Jeanie took over, or one of Jerry's grandkids someday, and built a powerhouse you wouldn't start supporting the decisions because of the poor choices jimmy made years ago? Ever is a long time, bro. Like forever ever. ForEVER EVER? lol

What can I say, I'm drunk and dramatic. Don't hold it against me.

Well is that case, carry on.
Fandom being called out! Come on guys we are a lakers fan family on this forum. We have made it through the good and bad. No point stopping now!
thank god he's gone. don't care if he does good or bad, im just glad hes not a laker anymore.
So basically the plan is to suck this year (which is going to happen anyways with MDA as coach) and then make it rain next offseason?
Lottery pick and then old Kobe may have a couple more chances for #6. Sit him out until Jan.
Share 49ersWebzone