LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 217 users in the forums

2012-13 Los Angeles Lakers Thread

Originally posted by socalfan21:
Phil isn't coming back. He's 70+ years old lol

Not to mention the fact that he only goes somewhere where he can win with superstars. He isnt going to go to a team that could be a bottom 5 team in the league
Originally posted by jrg:
I'm still annoyed by the 2009 Finals, but as a Magic fan I think all of us can say f**k OFF to Dwight Howard

I'm definitely not annoyed by the 2009 Finals, and I don't say f**k off to Dwight. He clearly isn't the superstar he's labeled to be. That doesn't mean he isn't the best overall Center in the game, but his game has obvious holes, as does his character. I wanted him back simply as an asset, but if he chooses to leave, then so be it. I'm not upset over losing him.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
I'm still annoyed by the 2009 Finals, but as a Magic fan I think all of us can say f**k OFF to Dwight Howard

I'm definitely not annoyed by the 2009 Finals, and I don't say f**k off to Dwight. He clearly isn't the superstar he's labeled to be. That doesn't mean he isn't the best overall Center in the game, but his game has obvious holes, as does his character. I wanted him back simply as an asset, but if he chooses to leave, then so be it. I'm not upset over losing him.

Church.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
From Instagram:

• jrg
  • Veteran

I think Howard CAN be the superstar we all think he can be, but its clear he HAS to be "the man" in my opinion. He was THE MAN in Orlando. In Los Angeles, he was "the other guy" to Kobe Bryant. I think he will be the same in Houston to James Harden.
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:

Church.

I think Howard CAN be the superstar we all think he can be, but its clear he HAS to be "the man" in my opinion. He was THE MAN in Orlando. In Los Angeles, he was "the other guy" to Kobe Bryant. I think he will be the same in Houston to James Harden.

I dont know what this f**kers motivation is. Clearly the Warriors would have been his best chance for a title with Curry, Klay, Iggy and Lee ( assuming they traded Barnes). However, he wouldnt have been THE MAN with the Dubs. It is Currys team and always will be.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

I dont know what this f**kers motivation is. Clearly the Warriors would have been his best chance for a title with Curry, Klay, Iggy and Lee ( assuming they traded Barnes). However, he wouldnt have been THE MAN with the Dubs. It is Currys team and always will be.

He didn't really have an option like that. LA/HOU/GSW..maybe I'm biased, but I still think his best chance was to be that guy with ORL. The Magic had some pretty good players, but no "superstar" kind of players. He brought that team to the NBA Finals and Orlando adored him. He wants to be THE MAN, but doesn't want to perform like one. He is willing to join up w/ already well built teams to go along for the ride instead of lead it. Pretty sad.

Not to mention the fact that he only goes somewhere where he can win with superstars. He isnt going to go to a team that could be a bottom 5 team in the league

Bottom 5 team with Kobe, Nash and Gasol? Right.

Howard will never win a championship. Mark my words. His game is too underdeveloped for this stage in his career. His post moves are like watching a car accident. He cannot hit a clutch (or any for that matter) free throw to save his life. He's too playful and doesn't do enough to work on his game and improve. I agree with 949er when he said that I only wanted him back as an asset. He's not a superstar and never will be.

If they think that Josh Smith and James Harden are going to be his savors he is very delusional.
[ Edited by socalfan21 on Jul 5, 2013 at 9:01 PM ]

just ignore Ninerjohn he's been trying hard lately
I agree with 949er when he said that I only wanted him back as an asset.

949, huh?
I agree with 949er when he said that I only wanted him back as an asset.

949, huh?

Was it you? Lol my bad. My point was made tho

combined age 105 lol... none of them will play the whole season

OK. Lottery team then. Kobe coming off a major injury, Nash just about done, and Gasol who is on the decline. Sorry to break it to you but this team will be awful next year.
Share 49ersWebzone