LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 295 users in the forums

2012-13 Los Angeles Lakers Thread

Originally posted by 9erReign:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Do you know what "Bird Rights" are?

Yeah he won't leave just like LeBron, Bosh, Amare, etc. Bird rights don't keep players on teams they dont want to be on all they do is get you a trade exception in return.

I didn't say he won't leave. I said he stands to lose a lot of money if he did. Then ads asked how that was. And I answered it. Try to follow along, reigny.

• titan
  • Veteran
Good O'l KB24. Broken, in pain, team not doing well...Mamba never bails on us!
I didn't say he won't leave. I said he stands to lose a lot of money if he did. Then ads asked how that was. And I answered it. Try to follow along, reigny.

It isn't that much money. Pay per year isn't that much of a decrease.
Ty Lawson lol's at Lakers
Originally posted by 9erReign:
Do you know what "Bird Rights" are?

Yeah he won't leave just like LeBron, Bosh, Amare, etc. Bird rights don't keep players on teams they dont want to be on all they do is get you a trade exception in return.

The rules are different now with the new CBA. Can't do the same sign & trade scenario that those guys did without giving up your Bird Rights.
The only teams with an outside chance of landing Howard are Dallas or Atlanta, IMO. Can't see him going to Utah, Washington, Charlotte, or Detroit.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
The only teams with an outside chance of landing Howard are Dallas or Atlanta, IMO. Can't see him going to Utah, Washington, Charlotte, or Detroit.

Houston?
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

Houston?

That's right, forgot about them. I'd be very surprised. Howard let them know in no uncertain terms this past offseason that he didn't want to go there. Perhaps he'd have a chance of heart, but I think it's unlikely.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

Houston?

That's right, forgot about them. I'd be very surprised. Howard let them know in no uncertain terms this past offseason that he didn't want to go there. Perhaps he'd have a chance of heart, but I think it's unlikely.

I just think he is going to want out of LA after this season unless things really turn around. So, he might have to change his mind on a couple of teams.
Sacresanity time, apparently:

I said yesterday Darius (Morris), but it's probably more maybe 'Sacresanity' or 'Sacsanity' has to happen," D'Antoni said following Tuesday's shootaround in preparation for the Lakers game against the Rockets. The coach said Monday that "Morrisanity" could be coming around the corner but hedged a bit Tuesday because Sacre is definitely starting while D'Antoni has not decided, at least publicly, whether Morris or Antawn Jamison will be with the first five."We'll see," D'Antoni said. "You know what? Couldn't be a better guy that deserves it because he's over there, he's the most energetic, best guy on the bench that you can have. So, it couldn't happen to a better person as it did to Lin, it couldn't happen to a better person. We'll see. He's got an opportunity. We'll see if it strikes twice.

http://espn.go.com/blog/los-angeles/lakers/post/_/id/35357/dantoni-hoping-for-some-sacresanity-in-houston

Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
Sacresanity time, apparently:

I said yesterday Darius (Morris), but it's probably more maybe 'Sacresanity' or 'Sacsanity' has to happen," D'Antoni said following Tuesday's shootaround in preparation for the Lakers game against the Rockets. The coach said Monday that "Morrisanity" could be coming around the corner but hedged a bit Tuesday because Sacre is definitely starting while D'Antoni has not decided, at least publicly, whether Morris or Antawn Jamison will be with the first five."We'll see," D'Antoni said. "You know what? Couldn't be a better guy that deserves it because he's over there, he's the most energetic, best guy on the bench that you can have. So, it couldn't happen to a better person as it did to Lin, it couldn't happen to a better person. We'll see. He's got an opportunity. We'll see if it strikes twice.

http://espn.go.com/blog/los-angeles/lakers/post/_/id/35357/dantoni-hoping-for-some-sacresanity-in-houston

oh well that should fix everything, get the parade planned
LOL Sacre lookin good
Where are all the Lakers fans? Or do you guys only post when your team is good? At least they are playing hard tonight.
I don't understand how they play so hard when they're undermanned and the rest of the time you wonder if they give a s**t
[ Edited by sincalfaithful on Jan 8, 2013 at 7:32 PM ]
  • jrg
  • Veteran
What a disaster
Share 49ersWebzone