There are 177 users in the forums

**MVP LeBron James & World Champion Miami HEAT 2012-2013 Thread**

*waits for strictly Lebron James thread title*
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Don't get too used to this lengthy title, 4ML.

Of course not...I got lengthy-ierrrr title next year - change the years to 2013-2014 and add back-to-back to the front

• 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by marshniners24:
*waits for strictly Lebron James thread title*

Don't...

I already put his name before the team name...and any further requests to change the thread title will be

Overrated
Wade left Jordan Brand, and is now on a Chinese sho line called LI-Ning.

I'm sure Wade will make a lot more $$$ going this route, but I'm not sure these shoes will get functional (on te courts) and/or style (on the streets) credibility.....

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1366743-breaking-down-dwyane-wades-new-li-ning-shoe-line
You should go back to the heat bandwagon thread title that I used before. That way guys like Reign know where they should make all their bandwagon posts. Claiming glory off bandwagon association of lebron.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

I'm sure Wade will make a lot more $$$ going this route, but I'm not sure these shoes will get functional (on te courts) and/or style (on the streets) credibility.....

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1366743-breaking-down-dwyane-wades-new-li-ning-shoe-line

Actually he's making less money with this shoe deal than he was with Jordan brand

But he gets equity in the Li Ning company, so if they succeed in expanding their market share, he'll profit

But Li-Ning is a crappy brand that makes knockoffs of Nike shoes.

I think Wade is taking a big risk with this shoe deal
Originally posted by crzy:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

Actually he's making less money with this shoe deal than he was with Jordan brand

But he gets equity in the Li Ning company, so if they succeed in expanding their market share, he'll profit

But Li-Ning is a crappy brand that makes knockoffs of Nike shoes.

I think Wade is taking a big risk with this shoe deal

The China/asian market is what he is after.... I think the US market is just icing on the cake if he becomes a shoe icon in China.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Been watching some of the practices lately and tonight watched the highlights of the pre-season game against Pistons - D.Wade looks good, really good. Back to his healthy self. *fingers crossed*
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Been watching some of the practices lately and tonight watched the highlights of the pre-season game against Pistons - D.Wade looks good, really good. Back to his healthy self. *fingers crossed*

Why do you care if Dwade looks good...? That ain't Lebron?

Also, might as well change this to the lakers 2014 thread
You gonna be a lakers fan when he signs there?

• 4ML
  • Veteran

Always liked Wade. Since his Marquette days...Lebron won't sign with Lakers. I'll worry about 2014 in 2014.

Btw...it kinda sucks there won't be any Sacramento Kings in 2014. Are you going to continue to root for them when they move out? I hope DeMarcus Cousins can win 4-5 MVPs before 2014.

Always liked Wade. Since his Marquette days...Lebron won't sign with Lakers. I'll worry about 2014 in 2014.

Btw...it kinda sucks there won't be any Sacramento Kings in 2014. Are you going to continue to root for them when they move out? I hope DeMarcus Cousins can win 4-5 MVPs before 2014.

PWNT someone's butt got teh hurts
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

PWNT someone's butt got teh hurts

• 4ML
  • Veteran
http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/8555451/lebron-quest-immortallity

Some of my fav. parts of the article:

...LeBron James churned out 44 minutes a night, every other night, for eight straight weeks without ever wearing down. He played two of the greatest two-way playoff basketball games in the history of the league: Game 4 at Indiana (40 points, 18 rebounds, nine assists) and Game 6 at Boston (45 points, 15 rebounds, only seven missed shots), then threw on a Larry Bird 2.0 costume in the Finals, destroyed Oklahoma City in the low post, liquidated the media's absurd "LeBron or Durant?" argument and averaged a triple-double in the deciding two games. I called it a "virtuoso basketball performance" at the time, but really, it was more of a watershed athletic achievement — no different than Roger Bannister breaking the four-minute mile or Carl Lewis trying to jump 30 feet. You shouldn't be able to play basketball like that.

There's an overwhelming amount of evidence that LeBron is heading toward that Jordan/Bird/Magic direction. When we were taping a television segment for ESPN last week, Magic Johnson mentioned how LeBron's "off the court" was catching up to LeBron's "on the court." In other words, he gets it now — that there's a cause and effect between how you spend your offseason and what actually happens during that season.

During the Summer Olympics in London, observers were pleasantly surprised by a subtle shift in LeBron's personality: less clowning, more leading, more measuring himself against the other guys. Four years ago, he may have spent an hour shooting half-court shots. In 2012, he kept throwing himself into shooting contests with Durant and Kobe, determined to prove he could hold his own. Anytime one of the USA practices became heated and turned into something of a dick-measuring contest, something that tends to happen when you gather the best players in the world on the same floor, LeBron left little doubt who mattered most. By all accounts, he was clearly the best player on the team. And it wasn't close.

History says LeBron James is getting ready to destroy everybody. No other angle really matters.

If it happens — and I think it will — that means two straight titles and four MVP trophies in five years (something only Russell's ever done). For the first time, we could start thinking about him in Jordanian terms.

For the first time, I feel myself starting to waver a little. Maybe Michael Jordan won't remain the greatest basketball player ever. Maybe we were wrong.

Of all the themes that have me excited for this upcoming NBA season, I keep circling back to that one. We love sports for dozens and dozens of reasons, but ultimately, the seasons and teams and championships blend into one blurry mess. You're going to be 80 years old someday and unable to remember 99.7 percent of it. Only a handful of athletes will stand out, and when someone asks if you watched them, your face will start glowing, and you'll start gushing about them, and for a few seconds, you will come to life again. Usually it's someone with unforgettable athletic ability (say, Usain Bolt or Bo Jackson), a supernatural mastery of his craft (Bird, Gretzky and Magic) and/or an indomitable will to conquer everyone else (Jordan, Ali and Russell). But when someone resonates in all three ways at the same time? Those are the ones we defend forever. We sing their praises, recall them on our deathbeds, tell everyone who wants to hear that we were there.

Those are the stakes for LeBron James this season. He already won a championship. Now he's battling for something else.

• 4ML
  • Veteran
Lets go HEAT
Share 49ersWebzone