**MVP LeBron James & World Champion Miami HEAT 2012-2013 Thread**

• 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sacniner:
Originally posted by jrg:
Originally posted by crzy:
Bandwagon fans

4ML has liked them since WAY back in the day, 2010.

Think he was talking about others instead of 4ML.

He is the only dude who reps the Heat, and I was joking a little. He is actually a self admitted bandwagoner. He literally started to cheer for them after they got LBJ. He is reppin' them hard now. 4ML, correct me if I'm wrong.

As Pete said, I'm a Lebron fan and will root for the team he plays on. When I first started watching basketball, I was a Indiana Pacers fan. Just like Lebron today, Reggie Miller was the guy who I rooted for. Of course, while living in Bay Area - I went to a few Warriors game and naturally started rooting for them.

Since Lebron played his first game in the NBA against the Kings...I've been rooting for him. While he was in Cleveland I rooted for them, and now that he is in Miami - I'm rooting for them. I personally don't call that jumping on a bandwagon...but if it is - I have no problem with it.

It's allll good...Lebron is NBA as far as I'm concerned, and 2011-2012 will go down in basketball history as the Year of Lebron James!

D Wade has been my guy since MJ retired, but I know that LBJ has been the league's best player since his last couple years as a Cavalier. You can always argue Kobe Bryant every single year because of his impressive resume and the winning but I feel that if you put LBJ in his shoes, those Laker teams would be even more dominant. LBJ now has the confidence and the monkey lifted off his back and he will continue to get better. He will be hard to beat
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
49ersMyLife you're a bandwagon Heat fan. And so are 95% of current Heat fans.

But like you said, that's fine. Do what makes you happy.

• 4ML
  • Veteran

@ you calling Heat fans bandwagon fans when you hopped on the "I hate Lebron James and the Heat" bandwagon - which at the time was the most popular thing to do

• crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:

@ you calling Heat fans bandwagon fans when you hopped on the "I hate Lebron James and the Heat" bandwagon - which at the time was the most popular thing to do

No that was a legitimate action to Lebron's actions. Personally, I couldn't care less about the plight of the Cleveland fans. They are irrelevant.

However...players who team up to form super teams instead of actually competing against their peers. It's just a lame trend that devalues the entire league.

And yes, the entire NBA is devalued when talent is concentrated in one or two major markets.

It's a sham of a system.

The NBA should just eliminate about 14 teams and make it a 16 team league. Because at least then, they could stop pretending that competition actually exists in basketball.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

No that was a legitimate action to Lebron's actions. Personally, I couldn't care less about the plight of the Cleveland fans. They are irrelevant.

However...players who team up to form super teams instead of actually competing against their peers. It's just a lame trend that devalues the entire league.

And yes, the entire NBA is devalued when talent is concentrated in one or two major markets.

It's a sham of a system.

The NBA should just eliminate about 14 teams and make it a 16 team league. Because at least then, they could stop pretending that competition actually exists in basketball.

So, your actions were legitimate because Lebron picked his employer as a FA, but I as a Lebron fan - who rooted for Cleveland for years am somehow a bandwagon fan because I continue to root for Lebron James? That makes no sense.

He was a free agent. He was in Cleveland. History of NBA has ALWAYS been about couple of great teams going at each other. You just don't like it because the team you root for has never been one of those couple teams. Somehow I doubt in 80s and early 90s - 49ers fans were complaining about competition in NFL, and how the league is a sham.
[ Edited by 49ersMyLife on Oct 8, 2012 at 12:12 PM ]
Nobody was a fan of this Heat team?

• crzy
  • Hall of Fame

It's a sham of a system.

So, your actions were legitimate because Lebron picked his employer as a FA, but I as a Lebron fan - who rooted for Cleveland for years am somehow a bandwagon fan because I continue to root for Lebron James? That makes no sense.

He was a free agent. He was in Cleveland. History of NBA has ALWAYS been about couple of great teams going at each other. You just don't like it because the team you root for has never been one of those couple teams. Somehow I doubt in 80s and early 90s - 49ers fans were complaining about competition in NFL, and how the league is a sham.

You only root for teams that are successful. You never rooted for Miami before Lebron was there. And stopped rooting for Cleveland when Lebron left.

That's the exact definition of a bandwagon fan.

I'm perfectly fine with free agency. I just don't like players conspiring to team up with other. Or big babies like Dwight Howard holding teams hostage asking for trades.

At least in the 80s, Magic Johnson and Larry Bird legitimately hated each other. Players were actually really rivals.

You'd never see James Worthy just pack up and join the Celtics like Ray Allen just did this offseason in joining Miami.

There's no spirit of competition in basketball anymore.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
You only root for teams that are successful. You never rooted for Miami before Lebron was there. And stopped rooting for Cleveland when Lebron left.

That's the exact definition of a bandwagon fan.

I'm perfectly fine with free agency. I just don't like players conspiring to team up with other. Or big babies like Dwight Howard holding teams hostage asking for trades.

At least in the 80s, Magic Johnson and Larry Bird legitimately hated each other. Players were actually really rivals.

You'd never see James Worthy just pack up and join the Celtics like Ray Allen just did this offseason in joining Miami.

I don't have a favorite team. I've a favorite player. I didn't grow up watching basketball. In fact, I started rooting for the Giants because of Barry Bonds...not the other way around. 49ers and Barcelona are the only TEAMS that I have rooted for unconditionally. That's it!

And, I didn't know Cleveland was successful from the day Lebron James joined them. I was rooting for Indiana Pacers when rest of the World was rooting for Michael Jordan. I'll root for Lebron till he is done playing - regardless of if he is on a successful team or not.

I've my own criteria for who I root for. I root for players than teams in certain sports because I don't feel passionately about any team. What's so horrible and impure about that?
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

I don't think Howard did anything wrong except signing that extension. People over-react to everything. He made it clear that he doesn't want to play with them. Orlando Magic is not his responsibility. He did what is best for him - and I'm not going to fault him for that. Orlando Magic were trying to do what is best for them and botched it - can't blame Howard for that.

Ray Allen was traded to Memphis Grizzlies - which fell apart at the last second.

• crzy
  • Hall of Fame
I've my own criteria for who I root for. I root for players than teams in certain sports because I don't feel passionately about any team. What's so horrible and impure about that?

Nothing at all. I'm just giving you a hard time lol
I don't have a favorite team. I've a favorite player. I didn't grow up watching basketball. In fact, I started rooting for the Giants because of Barry Bonds...not the other way around. 49ers and Barcelona are the only TEAMS that I have rooted for unconditionally. That's it!

And, I didn't know Cleveland was successful from the day Lebron James joined them. I was rooting for Indiana Pacers when rest of the World was rooting for Michael Jordan. I'll root for Lebron till he is done playing - regardless of if he is on a successful team or not.

It's not impure, just makes you a bandwagon fan because you hop on different wagons instead of being loyal to a team. That's your thing and you can do whatever you want. Admit you are a bandwagon fan and move on. The best player in the NBA will always be on a premiere team. Like crzy said, most of the Heat fans outside of MIA are probably bandwagon fans just like the Cleveland fans outside of Cleveland were bandwagon when he was on there. Also, you are cheering for the entire Heat organization and all of their players all of a sudden, not just LBJ.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame

I don't think Howard did anything wrong except signing that extension. People over-react to everything. He made it clear that he doesn't want to play with them. Orlando Magic is not his responsibility. He did what is best for him - and I'm not going to fault him for that. Orlando Magic were trying to do what is best for them and botched it - can't blame Howard for that.

Ray Allen was traded to Memphis Grizzlies - which fell apart at the last second.

Um no he did not. In fact Dwight did the exact opposite of that. Maintaining for over a year his undying love and affection for Orlando Magic fans and the city of Orlando. Maintaining publicly that he was not desiring a trade despite privately getting his coach fired.

Dwight Howard is the most phony athlete I've ever seen. I don't know how anyone can possibly root for that a*****e. And I'm not just saying that because he plays for the Lakers. I honestly dislike everything about him.

I wouldn't wish a career ending injury on any basketball player, but if anyone deserves a torn ACL...it's Dwight Howard.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

It's not impure, just makes you a bandwagon fan because you hop on different wagons instead of being loyal to a team. That's your thing and you can do whatever you want. Admit you are a bandwagon fan and move on. The best player in the NBA will always be on a premiere team. Like crzy said, most of the Heat fans outside of MIA are probably bandwagon fans just like the Cleveland fans outside of Cleveland were bandwagon when he was on there. Also, you are cheering for the entire Heat organization and all of their players all of a sudden, not just LBJ.

You're crazy if you think Lebron James was the best player in 2003. I never rooted for Kobe who has been the best player for most of the last decade. I never rooted for Tim Duncan, and hated Jordan with passion. I'll admit though - due to the crazy over-reaction James received after the infamous Decision - I became a more vocal fan of his.

Why should I admit to something which isn't true. I've not jumped any bandwagon. I've been a fan of James for almost a decade and I continue to do so - through ups and downs. Just because you don't have the mental capacity to understand my fanaticism - it's not my fault.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

Um no he did not. In fact Dwight did the exact opposite of that. Maintaining for over a year his undying love and affection for Orlando Magic fans and the city of Orlando. Maintaining publicly that he was not desiring a trade despite privately getting his coach fired.

Dwight Howard is the most phony athlete I've ever seen. I don't know how anyone can possibly root for that a*****e. And I'm not just saying that because he plays for the Lakers. I honestly dislike everything about him.

I wouldn't wish a career ending injury on any basketball player, but if anyone deserves a torn ACL...it's Dwight Howard.

I stand corrected. You are right that Dwight was dishonest with the Magic fanbase and media...but it is my understanding that he made very clear to the Magic FO that he wants out. I fault Dwight for not putting his foot down and waffling - but I still blame Magic FO more. Both are at fault, but let's not give a pass to the FO
Share 49ersWebzone