LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 276 users in the forums

2012-13 Golden State Warriors Thread.

bron bron on Draymond

Jeremy Warnemuende ‏@JSWarno

LeBron on Draymond Green: "You knew that who ever got him was going to get a good player, he knows how to play the game." Retweeted by Spartan Basketball

Still pumped about last night's win!!! Gotta give props to the coaching staff, Mark Jackson included. This team has switched identities, now playing great defense and battling for rebounds, with THREE rookies in the rotation!!

So proud of this team.

WE BELONG!
The first thing they say to start off Sportscenter last night was "The Golden State Warriors are rarely mentioned here, so let's give them their time after defeating the Miami Heat. If you play the way you did against the defending champs, you'll find your way on the show."
It wasn't exactly that, but it was darn close. f**k ESPN!
A signature win for the franchise last night, there is just no other way to put it. Obviously a lot still has to go right for the Warriors to have an impact this year, and it is a long season. But I can't tell you how many years it has been since I have felt this positive about the team.
The Warriors are less than 10 wins away to exceed last year's total victories. That's remarkable improvement, even after considering last year's abbreviated season. Hope the Big Aussie comes on down and plays. With that big dude, I'd say we are very likely to gain a play-off berth. I'm still shaking my head after yesterday's game. Hard for me to think we are a force with which to be reckoned. Let's hope so. We can't win them all, but no prolonged losing streaks as in the past.
[ Edited by RogerCraig on Dec 13, 2012 at 10:23 AM ]
did that sh*t really happen last night? gotta love it
Amazing win last night! Great to see how much depth we have. Some true professionals on this team.

Looking forward to an even more inspired effort vs. Orlando. That was a game that got away from us because Big Baby, JJ Reddick, and Afflalo went off.
ray allen was getting easy layups working the paint all game so he wasn't able to get warmed up from the outside... and then he misses the wide open 3-pointer at the end that could have sealed it. just a thought
Originally posted by schmons:
ray allen was getting easy layups working the paint all game so he wasn't able to get warmed up from the outside... and then he misses the wide open 3-pointer at the end that could have sealed it. just a thought

noticed that too. the refs also started to let them PLAY out there. none of that p***y, touch fouls they were calling whenever Wade drove. Curry was getting mangled when he drove and no fouls were called.
Draymond made a helluva move, getting open for a bullet pass. He read the defense beautifully. .Basketball smarts by the young man.

Originally posted by RogerCraig:
Draymond made a helluva move, getting open for a bullet pass. He read the defense beautifully. .Basketball smarts by the young man.

he's got great bball IQ and i just love his relentless, tenacious defense. so much toughness and didn't back down having to guard the best player in the NBA.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
David Lee and Curry deserve to make the All-Star team. They're not getting any respect in the fan voting though.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/first-round-of-2013-nba-all-star-ballot-results/#4djb8PK7sYfMO4zK.99

WESTERN CONFERENCE

Frontcourt: Kevin Durant (OKC) 605,965; Dwight Howard (LAL) 434,168; Blake Griffin (LAC) 307,855; Tim Duncan (SA) 189,577; Pau Gasol (LAL) 139,868; Kevin Love (Min) 112,922; Omer Asik (Hou) 88,178; Rudy Gay (Mem) 85,279; Serge Ibaka (OKC) 68,285; LaMarcus Aldridge (Por) 66,290; Dirk Nowitzki (Dal) 63,056; Marc Gasol (Mem) 61,716; Zach Randolph (Mem) 59,916; Metta World Peace (LAL) 59,167; Anthony Davis (NO) 53,779.

Backcourt: Kobe Bryant (LAL) 639,419; Chris Paul (LAC) 353,603; Jeremy Lin (Hou) 298,319; James Harden (Hou) 196,108; Russell Westbrook (OKC) 143,437; Steve Nash (LAL) 118,073; Tony Parker (SA) 69,983; Ricky Rubio (Min) 54,744; Manu Ginobili (SA) 47,800; O.J. Mayo (Dal) 36,495.
You guys aren't gonna get any respect until maybe the end of the year. You've been bad for too long. Just like the Niners last year.
Originally posted by SF69ers:
he's got great bball IQ and i just love his relentless, tenacious defense. so much toughness and didn't back down having to guard the best player in the NBA.

I love the guy. A hard-working dude who is pleased as punch to be in the NBA. It's no wonder his college coach had nothing but good things to say about him. Does not easily become intimidated. Deserves more minutes. Our bench is amazing with the exception of Beans.
we've been kinda spoiled this year in terms of bay area sports! i love it! with the exception of one team hahaha
Share 49ersWebzone