LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 224 users in the forums

2012-13 Golden State Warriors Thread.

Hats off to Barnes and Lee who both played well.

I think NinerJohn summed it up rather succinctly: too many turnovers.
[ Edited by RogerCraig on Nov 14, 2012 at 10:05 PM ]
Game the Warriors had to have at home. Overall, pretty good interior defense and rebounding. Hopefully the turnovers get cut down and Curry and Klay start to shoot the rock much better.
I know he was guarding Lou tonight, but Curry looked really slow on defense.

Team plays brilliantly then seems to fall apart. Incredible inconsistency.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Awesome Awesome game from Barnes
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Originally posted by YungAce:
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Originally posted by SF69ers:
I honestly feel like Charles Jenkins could have been pretty good. Strong, physical, stout guard that could defend. Or get a tall combo guard like Evan Turner that looks to pass.

You make it sound like its too late for him to develop.

LOL i think he's talking about possible point guards that we could have started alongside Ellis

ohh haha well i didnt read the whole conversation. Well in that case, yeah he reminds me of baron and him and monta meshed together beautifully.

ace is right, i was just thinking about a backcourt PG that would have fit with Ellis. I even felt like Ellis and Klay would have worked.
The game was so much fun last night. It was intense and the crowd, as usual, were really into it. Don Nelson walked right by our row and he smelled musty lol. Looked like he was ready to make his way to the suites and grab some of that scotch.

Overall, I felt the Dubs were pretty sloppy. If Al Horford hadn't been ill and scratched, we would have lost, plain and simple. Lots of sloppy passes, confusion on defense, and bad shooting from our two scorers. It didn't help that one of the refs loved blowing his whistle against us every chance he got. The bright spot from last night.....HARRISON BARNES!!!! It was his show last night and he showed a lot of what I was worried about during the combine: a lot more athleticism than I thought he had and he battled for boards.

David Lee after the game on Barnes: "He's one of our most athletic guys, if not THE most athletic guy on our team."
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
Originally posted by SF69ers:
LOL at the bolded statement.

If that's all you think, then he was UNDERRATED. Yes, he could score, but he did much more than that. I bring this up ALL THE TIME. Every time people came on here and said Monta can't do this, or do that, he worked his ass off and proved people wrong. He became a better passer, a better defender, a better shooter outside the arc, a better free throw shooter, etc. The guy continually worked on his game and was a lot more durable than Steph. When Steph was out because of ankle issues, Monta built chemistry with David Lee and Ekpe Udoh. IMO, Udoh developed better from Monta's game.

Not gonna try and make this another Curry vs. Ellis argument, but come on. Curry could end up being the better player but he's just so limited because of his ankle.

Couldn't agree more with the bold. He created shots for his teammates better than Steph could with his ability to drive, get to the rim and attract the big men, then dish. People who say all Monta could do is score just listen to the talking heads on ESPN who kept reciting that. He kept adding onto his game every season.

Defensively, on the other hand, I have to agree that he was too undersized to guard the 2's with Curry in the same backcourt, and that's ultimately why he was traded. But it was not because he was a one-dimensional scoring guard.

This is exactly what I'm saying. I kept thinking about this at the game last night and there were other people mentioning it as well. Steph had a difficult time driving. Something Monta did VERY well due to his quickness was being able to drive and take the layup or kick out to an open man. Seeing Steph have a hard time against Teague and Lou Williams was tough to watch. Klay can drive, but it's just not part of his game. I'm hoping Barnes gets better and more confident in that part of his game.
barnes doe.

• DRnSFw
  • BlessUp
i'm glad curry shaved that sorry excuse of a beard and goatee

Carl Landry reminds me of a Actor in a show or Movie can't remember which one doe
Originally posted by DRnSFw:

Carl Landry reminds me of a Actor in a show or Movie can't remember which one doe

lol about landry.. i was thinking the same thing too.. i just can't figure out who it is
Originally posted by bayarealuv:

lol about landry.. i was thinking the same thing too.. i just can't figure out who it is
Gabbourey Siddebe?
Originally posted by HaiGuise:
Originally posted by bayarealuv:

Gabbourey Siddebe?

had to google.. lol wtf? no
Warriors AT Wolves, today at 5pm
Share 49ersWebzone