There are 190 users in the forums

2012-13 Golden State Warriors Thread.

Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:
Originally posted by j3xperience:
Who is going to fill out this bench. The way I see it, we need a distributive PG who can D, another Big who can bang and take fouls. Then bench fodder to fill out the rest.

European Derrik Rose and Marsh and I

I'll take Nedovic and you, but trade Marsh to Sac for Fredette. Championship.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by j3xperience:
Who is going to fill out this bench. The way I see it, we need a distributive PG who can D, another Big who can bang and take fouls. Then bench fodder to fill out the rest.

European Derrik Rose and Marsh and I

I'll take Nedovic and you, but trade Marsh to Sac for Fredette. Championships.

Fixed
Probably the only thing I am kind of upset about was that Rush was included in that Utah trade. I would have liked to have kept him as I always liked his game a lot.

I do think the Warriors are a better team today than they were yesterday. If Bogut and Lee stay healthy then the Warriors can contend for a spot in the Western finals. However, big IF when it comes to Bogut. Still, Curry, Klay, Iggy, Barnes, Lee, and Bogut form about as good a 6 as there is in the league.

Hope that Howard has season ending back surgery after a month. LOL
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Going to be interesting to see how Myers retools our bench. He'll have to get creative.
Warriors have no more cap space but they still have a viable way to add to the roster. I'm told the Utah deal netted the Warriors a couple Traded Player Exceptions (TPE). One early estimation is they would total more than $20 million. Golden State could use those to add the depth they need.

* The Warriors could find a player who another team is trying to dump and absorb that salary using the TPE. So if, say, the Bulls wanted to get rid of Taj Gibson's contract (you wish!), they could send him to the Warriors for one of the TPEs.

* TPEs cannot be combined, nor thrown into another deal. So basically the Warriors can only get player(s) whose contract(s) fit(s) the amount of the individual TPE (which will be determined when the deal becomes official). They can't give another player or picks away, nor can they receive picks

* The Warriors could conceivably get a free agent with the TPE, but it's probably not feasible. It would require another team to perform a sign-and-trade. So, say the Warriors want to get J.J. Hickson from Portland. He could sign with the Blazers and be traded to Golden State. But the only thing Portland can get in return is the TPE. The Warriors can't throw in a pick to sweeten the deal, as they did with Utah

* The Warriors won't go after a back-up point guard to replace Jarrett Jack. Sources said they will use Iguodala mostly in that role. They could get a third point guard for insurance, though. But Golden State's next priority is a big man who can serve as the back-up center while Festus Ezeli is on the shelf.

Iggy as backup point guard makes sense
what big men are out there that teams want to dump? Maybe Toronto with Marcus Camby?
[ Edited by InconvenienTTruth21 on Jul 5, 2013 at 9:18 PM ]
The Warriors will have over $20M in Traded Player Exception

This means the Warriors could take on a salary dump or two to add depth to the roster. Hopefully these salary dumps would be one year deals at most two.

I know they need depth at C and the back court
Originally posted by Hopper:
Going to be interesting to see how Myers retools our bench. He'll have to get creative.

I havent followed enough to know this... Maybe someone can help

1) Where are the Warriors in terms of cap space?
2) DO they have a mid level exemption to sign a decent backup guard or center?

EDIT... looks like the info was just posted. THX
[ Edited by Ninerjohn on Jul 5, 2013 at 9:21 PM ]
The more I think about it the more I like the Iguodala signing.

He can play PG, SG, and SF. And PF when we go small.

He's already the best defender on our team, and it lets Barnes or Klay defend the 2nd and 3rd options on teams.

He's as versatile as it gets. I'm starting to really like the signing
The more I think about it the more I like the Iguodala signing.

He can play PG, SG, and SF. And PF when we go small.

He's already the best defender on our team, and it lets Barnes or Klay defend the 2nd and 3rd options on teams.

He's as versatile as it gets. I'm starting to really like the signing

I love the signing. He is exactly the kind of player the Warriors need. Slasher, get to the hoop, and play great defense. He makes the Warriors a better team.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
I love the signing. He is exactly the kind of player the Warriors need. Slasher, get to the hoop, and play great defense. He makes the Warriors a better team.

Ya, now hopefully Myers can add a decent backup big man. We have no insurance behind Bogut right now

• Hopper
  • Veteran
Warriors have no more cap space but they still have a viable way to add to the roster. I'm told the Utah deal netted the Warriors a couple Traded Player Exceptions (TPE). One early estimation is they would total more than $20 million. Golden State could use those to add the depth they need.

* The Warriors could find a player who another team is trying to dump and absorb that salary using the TPE. So if, say, the Bulls wanted to get rid of Taj Gibson's contract (you wish!), they could send him to the Warriors for one of the TPEs.

* TPEs cannot be combined, nor thrown into another deal. So basically the Warriors can only get player(s) whose contract(s) fit(s) the amount of the individual TPE (which will be determined when the deal becomes official). They can't give another player or picks away, nor can they receive picks

* The Warriors could conceivably get a free agent with the TPE, but it's probably not feasible. It would require another team to perform a sign-and-trade. So, say the Warriors want to get J.J. Hickson from Portland. He could sign with the Blazers and be traded to Golden State. But the only thing Portland can get in return is the TPE. The Warriors can't throw in a pick to sweeten the deal, as they did with Utah

* The Warriors won't go after a back-up point guard to replace Jarrett Jack. Sources said they will use Iguodala mostly in that role. They could get a third point guard for insurance, though. But Golden State's next priority is a big man who can serve as the back-up center while Festus Ezeli is on the shelf.

Iggy as backup point guard makes sense
what big men are out there that teams want to dump? Maybe Toronto with Marcus Camby?

In spurts I agree. But if Curry sprains his ankle and misses a few games then what? Iggy as a fulltime PG? Very risky.

Ya, now hopefully Myers can add a decent backup big man. We have no insurance behind Bogut right now

Really wish we could have snagged Robin Lopez. Not sure who else is out there that the Warriors can get.
So pumped about bringing Iggy in. Definitely need some big man help with Ezeli recovering from surgery and need a reliable backup point guard should Curry's ankle issues flare up.

PG options:
Darren Collison, Toney Douglas, D.J. Augustin

PF options:
Tyrus Thomas, Chris Wilcox, Jason Maxiell, Antawn Jamison, DeJuan Blair, James Johnson, J.J. Hickson, Louis Amundson, Kenyon Martin,

C options:
Chris Kaman, Byron Mullens, Ronny Turiaf, Ryan Hollins, Samuel Dalembert, Joel Pryzbilla, Andrew Bynum, Chris Andersen

We'll find out the what kind of TPE's we have once the moratorium is lifted.

[ Edited by phiLthyphiL on Jul 5, 2013 at 9:58 PM ]
Really wish we could have snagged Robin Lopez. Not sure who else is out there that the Warriors can get.

The only person I can think of is Marcus Camby. They just got him as a part of the Bargani trade, and he told the raptors to waive him or trade him. But would a trade exception do it? He can probably be used in addition with another player they try to trade though..
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
I would've taken Lopez or Greivis Vasquez. Hornets wanted to give away some solid players just so they could overpay overrated Tyreke Evans.

If we could turn Iggy into a sign and trade with Denver it would give us more flexibility so we could keep our mid level exception.
[ Edited by Hopper on Jul 5, 2013 at 10:02 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone