There are 169 users in the forums

2012-13 Golden State Warriors Thread.

Originally posted by teeohh:
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
ESPNSteinLine: First surprise of week on Dwight front: Sources say Golden State made real impression on Howard in their meeting and have become a factor

Unless D12 really wants to be in Texas, I honestly feel like the Dubs give him the best chance to make it to the finals.

No income tax right? Dude has got 5 baby mamas supposedly

i heard it was 6 baby mamas and 8 kids altogether
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
ESPNSteinLine: First surprise of week on Dwight front: Sources say Golden State made real impression on Howard in their meeting and have become a factor

Unless D12 really wants to be in Texas, I honestly feel like the Dubs give him the best chance to make it to the finals.

I think Houston gives him a great shot too. I like their roster.

true, but Lin and Asik might be going if they're serious about pairing Howard with Josh Smith. after that, it becomes a real depth issue.

True but Barnes or Klay would be gone from the Warriors roster as well.

It's been the scenario that makes the most sense for everyone from jump.

I think Houston gives him a great shot too. I like their roster.

true, but Lin and Asik might be going if they're serious about pairing Howard with Josh Smith. after that, it becomes a real depth issue.

True but Barnes or Klay would be gone from the Warriors roster as well.

and that would hurt, no doubt, but in a "perfect" scenario, we get rid of Bogut/Klay/Jefferson in the sign and trade. we have Lee and Rush back from injury. a more confident Barnes. and hopefully, a vet minimum player like Marco Belinelli to come off the bench.
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
I'm confused. Is he a free agent? Why do a sign and trade then?

cuz we don't have the cap space lol

What confuses me is, if expiring contracts have enough value where teams would actually WANT to take players like Bean, Al Jeff, or Bogut, then why couldn't we trade those guys for someone else?
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:

What confuses me is, if expiring contracts have enough value where teams would actually WANT to take players like Bean, Al Jeff, or Bogut, then why couldn't we trade those guys for someone else?
AND (follow up question) how is it that we don't have the cap space but Houston does?

I mean, they're the ones that dropped crazy money on Harden, Lin, and a few other guys. How can they pull off a max deal for Howard without totally blowing out their salary cap?

Biedrins, Jefferson, and Bogut will definitely have trade value during the season towards the deadline.

Thought he was a devout Christian?

• Hopper
  • Veteran

Like? Not many available franchise centers.

Bynum is another available franchise center, but he's on his way to having degenerative knees.
[ Edited by Hopper on Jul 3, 2013 at 1:02 PM ]
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:

Thought he was a devout Christian?

exactly why i mentioned some folks on the radio calling in saying he was a hypocrite and how they didn't want him in a dubs uniform lol
god damn it why didnt the warriors use the amnesty on biedrins when they could have.
sign howards this year, lebron next year. not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4..... i need to stop dreaming
Originally posted by schmons:
god damn it why didnt the warriors use the amnesty on biedrins when they could have.
sign howards this year, lebron next year. not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4..... i need to stop dreaming

That amnesty just f**ked everything up...

We wouldn't be discussing trade scenarios. We would just be waiting on July 10th for his word and if that didn't work out, sign Iggy or wait for next free agency
Originally posted by YungAce:
That amnesty just f**ked everything up...

We wouldn't be discussing trade scenarios. We would just be waiting on July 10th for his word and if that didn't work out, sign Iggy or wait for next free agency

And I'm pretty sure we could've just bought the spurs first round pick that we used on Ezeli instead of taking Jefferson's contract.

We'd have so much cap space :(
Share 49ersWebzone