LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 291 users in the forums

2012-13 Golden State Warriors Thread.

Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Bogut and 2 future 1sts is as much of a "gamble" as betting that the sun rises tomorrow. You'd be giving up virtually nothing for the best center in the league, and someone who fits the rest of your roster like a glove. No way the Lakers would do it without Klay or Barnes being involved, and I think the Dubs would be absolutely insane to say no that.

But couldn't Dwight just leave out right? 2 firsts is better than nothing
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
If he wants to come to the Warriors I would accept him. Bogut, Klay, and Biedrins and a lottery protected 1st in 2015 for Howard.

Curry
Rush
Barnes
Lee
Howard

The Warriors would still need to get a backup big man ( Lopez) and maybe bring back Jack if the deal was reasonable and not over the top. DO that and CHAMPIONSHIP.

Replace Klay with Barnes and you have yourself a deal. I'll call Mitch right now.

Klay and you will like it! Seriously, the way Barnes stepped up in the playoffs would make it tough to deal him.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Klay and you will like it! Seriously, the way Barnes stepped up in the playoffs would make it tough to deal him.

He has an entirely different skill set that seems to fit what the team needs.

Klay is a great shooter but we already have a better one in Steph, two is a luxury and if it came down to it I agree I would like to keep Barnes. SG aren't impossible to replace.
[ Edited by Garcia on Jul 2, 2013 at 1:27 PM ]
Originally posted by sfgiantdave:
I think for many it comes to the asking price. If it's Bogut and 2 future 1st round draft picks, it may be worth the gamble but when you are talking about adding players like Thompson and Barnes to the trade, the costs may just be too much for other posters.

Best center in the league for a promising shooting guard. I'd take that trade 10/10 times.
If he wants to come to the Warriors I would accept him. Bogut, Klay, and Biedrins and a lottery protected 1st in 2015 for Howard.

Curry
Rush
Barnes
Lee
Howard

The Warriors would still need to get a backup big man ( Lopez) and maybe bring back Jack if the deal was reasonable and not over the top. DO that and CHAMPIONSHIP.

Replace Klay with Barnes and you have yourself a deal. I'll call Mitch right now.

no way lol. it's Klay or no deal haha
Originally posted by YungAce:
Originally posted by marshniners24:
Originally posted by YungAce:
I'm still praying that we somehow land howard

Any warrior fan that doesn't want him is an idiot

Nobody in this thread wants him besides Jeff and i

this. like i said, i'm no fan of the "Dwightmare" persona. however, it doesn't blind me with the fact that he would fit real well with our team.
Originally posted by SF69ers:
this. like i said, i'm no fan of the "Dwightmare" persona. however, it doesn't blind me with the fact that he would fit real well with our team.

And it wouldn't just be a rental. That was my only worry last season before he got traded to the Lakers
Letting Dwight walk for nothing saves the Lakers $50M. That's a lot better than Bogut (whose contract means that the Lakers would save about $15M instead of $50) + two late 1st Round picks. If Barnes or Klay aren't in the deal, the Lakers don't make the trade and they just let him walk.

BTW, most of you guys are nuts. This is a huge opportunity for the Dubs, and neither Harrison Barnes nor Klay Thompson should get in the way of that.
Still think Howard ends up in Houston though.
I just think he's a disaster and won't ever live up to the money he's going to end up getting. But probably worth the risk if it's for Bogut, Klay an expiring and a first.

Howard needs shooters around him, keep Klay and deal Barnes.
Letting Dwight walk for nothing saves the Lakers $50M. That's a lot better than Bogut (whose contract means that the Lakers would save about $15M instead of $50) + two late 1st Round picks. If Barnes or Klay aren't in the deal, the Lakers don't make the trade and they just let him walk.

BTW, most of you guys are nuts. This is a huge opportunity for the Dubs, and neither Harrison Barnes nor Klay Thompson should get in the way of that.

In the end I believe the Warriors would trade Barnes along with Bogut and Biedrins (or Jefferson) for a chance to get Howard. Bigger risk than moving Klay but I get the feeling that they would pull the trigger on it.
Originally posted by valrod33:
Howard needs shooters around him, keep Klay and deal Barnes.

no, keep barnes and deal klay

In the end I believe the Warriors would trade Barnes along with Bogut and Biedrins (or Jefferson) for a chance to get Howard. Bigger risk than moving Klay but I get the feeling that they would pull the trigger on it.

Agreed.

FWIW, this hypothetical trade makes you a WCF contender this year, and you'd walk into next offseason with..

PG: Stephen Curry, Nemanja Nedovic
SG: Klay Thompson
SF: Draymond Green
PF: David Lee
C: Dwight Howard, Festus Ezeli

about $6M in cap space, plus the full $5M mid-level exception. With two, solid $5M-$6M pickups, that's a title contender in '14-15, IMO.

Agreed.

FWIW, this hypothetical trade makes you a WCF contender this year, and you'd walk into next offseason with..

PG: Stephen Curry, Nemanja Nedovic
SG: Klay Thompson
SF: Draymond Green
PF: David Lee
C: Dwight Howard, Festus Ezeli

about $6M in cap space, plus the full $5M mid-level exception. With two, solid $5M-$6M pickups, that's a title contender in '14-15, IMO.

Dont forget about Brandon Rush too.
Share 49ersWebzone