LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 236 users in the forums

2012-13 Golden State Warriors Thread.

Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:
The impact Bogut makes defensively and on rebounding is pretty amazing.

Yes. But I think he has the worst touch around the rim I have ever seen from a big man. How can you miss so many tip ins and dunks?
Originally posted by 9erReign:

Yes. But I think he has the worst touch around the rim I have ever seen from a big man. How can you miss so many tip ins and dunks?

Cause he's been injured and has admitted he hasn't spent a lot of time working on his offensive game this year. I think we'll see a more well-rounded Bogut next year when he has time to practice.

Dwight Howard is worse, IMO, especially considering his size and strength. (And that has nothing to do with him being a laker, I felt that way when he was denting the rim with bricks 1/2-dozen times a game when he was on jrg's team.)

And, yes, pdizo, without his massive contribution last game we'd be facing elimination right now.
Originally posted by IWASATTHECATCH:

Dwight Howard is worse, IMO, especially considering his size and strength. (And that has nothing to do with him being a laker, I felt that way when he was denting the rim with bricks 1/2-dozen times a game when he was on jrg's team.)

And, yes, pdizo, without his massive contribution last game we'd be facing elimination right now.

this

Dwight Howard is a dinosaur around the rim
I still dont know how he averages 20 ppg, dude is so bad offensively. All he can do is rely on his athleticism and dunk
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:

Cause he's been injured and has admitted he hasn't spent a lot of time working on his offensive game this year. I think we'll see a more well-rounded Bogut next year when he has time to practice.

Ya, he wasn't this bad offensively before his injuries
  • Garce
  • Veteran
We got a very good defensive center for a scorer.

I don't think theres any shame in that. It was a fair trade, Bogut has his faults, so does Monta.

Hopefully next year Bogut is healthy and has a least a little bit more use of his elbow so he can provide some more offense, but with scorers like Lee, Curry, Barnes and Klay, we don't need points from Bogut. We need boards and stout defense. He fits perfectly IMO.
Originally posted by Garcia:

I don't think theres any shame in that. It was a fair trade, Bogut has his faults, so does Monta.

Hopefully next year Bogut is healthy and has a least a little bit more use of his elbow so he can provide some more offense, but with scorers like Lee, Curry, Barnes and Klay, we don't need points from Bogut. We need boards and stout defense. He fits perfectly IMO.

Honestly, if Bogut stays healthy (I know, big if), then it's a huge steal for us.

Monta is just a volume scorer. He does what Barne's did yesterday, shoot 20+ times and scores 20 points. He averaged 19 points on 18 shot attempts this season, that's not impressive at all.

If Bogut is healthy he will be a 10 and 12 guy, and one of the top defending big men in the league.

It's a huge huge steal for us if Bogut stays healthy, and that's why I loved the trade when we first made it.
I know it's a big if but like I said before we made the trade, he had 2 freak injuries, he doesn't have chronic injuries like Steph's ankles have been the last couple of years. It might sound dumb, but I actually think he'll stay healthy for us in the future.
I just realized that you guys are the largest market team left in the Western Conference playoffs.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
I just realized that you guys are the largest market team left in the Western Conference playoffs.

NBA wants us to win the west.
  • Garce
  • Veteran

Honestly, if Bogut stays healthy (I know, big if), then it's a huge steal for us.

Monta is just a volume scorer. He does what Barne's did yesterday, shoot 20+ times and scores 20 points. He averaged 19 points on 18 shot attempts this season, that's not impressive at all.

If Bogut is healthy he will be a 10 and 12 guy, and one of the top defending big men in the league.

It's a huge huge steal for us if Bogut stays healthy, and that's why I loved the trade when we first made it.
I know it's a big if but like I said before we made the trade, he had 2 freak injuries, he doesn't have chronic injuries like Steph's ankles have been the last couple of years. It might sound dumb, but I actually think he'll stay healthy for us in the future.

I'm with you on that one.
It sucked during the year. And last year when he was hurt.

But it's paying HUGE dividends now and it will continue and he gets healthier. 10 and 12+ would be great but we don't need scoring, just D+Boards and if he can improve his FTs then it's a massive win.

The fixed NBA is just drooling over this Memphis vs. Golden State/SA & Miami vs. Indiana Conference Finals that are coming up, lol.
[ Edited by LA9erFan on May 13, 2013 at 9:31 PM ]
  • Garce
  • Veteran

The fixed NBA is just drooling over this Memphis vs. Golden State/SA & Miami vs. Indiana Conference Finals that are coming up, lol.

Memphis v Indiana = ideal
Originally posted by IWASATTHECATCH:

this

Dwight Howard is a dinosaur around the rim
I still dont know how he averages 20 ppg, dude is so bad offensively. All he can do is rely on his athleticism and dunk

At least Howard can dunk. Poor Bogut can't even do that.
At least Howard can dunk. Poor Bogut can't even do that.

Go kings
Share 49ersWebzone