LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 263 users in the forums

2012-13 Golden State Warriors Thread.

Originally posted by Hopper:
When was that offer on the table?

Even if it was that's still making a trade on hindsight. No one thought Dion Waiters would be drafted before Barnes which is why Barnes slipped.

I was advocating that deal at the time, not in hindsight. I didn't know who would be available at which picks either, but I thought it was a tremendous draft and the ability to have two Top 7 picks in it would have been ideal.

Like John & SF69ers said, it's an inference. We don't know 99% of the deals that are on the table. But if the Nets were willing to trade their pick for Wallace, it's likely that they would have done the same for Monta.
[ Edited by LA9erFan on May 10, 2013 at 8:50 AM ]
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
I cant help but remember how many people in the WZ thought the Monta for Bogut trade was just horrible. You know who you are! That deal was brillant and you have to give ownership and management credit for pulling it off.

WIthout that trade:

No Legit Starting Center
No Harrision Barnes
No Festes Ezeli
2 Small Undersized guards

NO PLAYOFFS and a BLEAK FUTURE

I was one of those people. Monta was my favorite Warrior and at some point, I knew we were going to trade him just because his name was on the trade block every year. Reason I hated the trade was because it netted us Captain Jack (who I despised already) and Bogut (who I felt was injury prone).

I admitted to eating crow and I hope that Bogut stays healthy and continues to come up huge for us in the playoffs.

Trust me.. there were others with far worse reactions that yours. I liked Monta too but I knew Curry or Monta had to go for a big man and I've always been a Curry guy. Now, this trade could have blown up in their faces too. They could have lost the coin flip or won 1 more game and lost out on Barnes. Or, he could have been taken already. Everything fell just right for the Warriors.

The other trade with San Antonio was REALLY ripped because the Warriors took on Jefferson's contract. I think that was also a great move because they got Ezeli, rid themselves of a cancer in SJax, and set themselves up to have a lot of money come off their books right before a great FA class.

I was really down on the Warriors future 2 years ago. But new ownership, bringing in Jerry West, hiring a smart young GM, making shrewd trades, and having an excellent draft class ( hell. Draymond Green in the 2nd rd!!!) has quickly turned things around. 2015 could really be the year where this team is a true contender for a title.
Trust me.. there were others with far worse reactions that yours. I liked Monta too but I knew Curry or Monta had to go for a big man and I've always been a Curry guy. Now, this trade could have blown up in their faces too. They could have lost the coin flip or won 1 more game and lost out on Barnes. Or, he could have been taken already. Everything fell just right for the Warriors.

The other trade with San Antonio was REALLY ripped because the Warriors took on Jefferson's contract. I think that was also a great move because they got Ezeli, rid themselves of a cancer in SJax, and set themselves up to have a lot of money come off their books right before a great FA class.

I was really down on the Warriors future 2 years ago. But new ownership, bringing in Jerry West, hiring a smart young GM, making shrewd trades, and having an excellent draft class ( hell. Draymond Green in the 2nd rd!!!) has quickly turned things around. 2015 could really be the year where this team is a true contender for a title.

This is what gets me a bit excited. We have a young, explosive, athletic team with great chemistry. With a potential move to SF, I can see more free agents wanting to play here. Would LOVE to make a run at LeBron lol. I know the chances are slim, but a guy can dream.

I think what helps is having Bob Myers. An extremely underrated move, but the guy understands the business so well and can really attract free agents due to his past as an agent.

Part of what makes it a really good trade is that Bogut picked the right time to be healthy. He's played in what...35 games in his year and a half on the Warrior's roster? But timing is everything in life.

Originally posted by Ballistic:

someday....

hahaha.. yeah.. way too soon
win...... today........ yo
someday....

OMG. Can you imagine? Put Lebron on the Warriors right now and they win the title. I have no doubt about that.
someday....

OMG. Can you imagine? Put Lebron on the Warriors right now and they win the title. I have no doubt about that.

no doubt in my mind, either. he can actually run the point forward and steph/klay can just run around and get open. LeBron would average 15 assists a game.

i'd buy season tix lol

Joe Staley's gonna be at the game tonight
Joe Staley's gonna be at the game tonight

nice

I don't think its ridiculous to say that Stephen Curry has had a better postseason than any other player so far this season
[ Edited by InconvenienTTruth21 on May 10, 2013 at 11:18 AM ]
someday....

LeBron dishing to Curry, Thompson, Barnes

I think we'd average 150 PPG
super squad! make it happen jerry west lol
Share 49ersWebzone