LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 274 users in the forums

2012-13 Golden State Warriors Thread.

Originally posted by Muggins:

This pic is sick. 4 of the best shooters ever in one shot.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
So Pete............ would it make more sense to deal Biedrins and Jefferson to get a tough post up PF or a dependable 3rd guard ( with teams wanting those expiring contracts) or simply keep them around and then go after a big time FA in 2015.

I think the right move is to float them out there to see what's available, but I think your best option is '15 Free Agency, while specifically targeting LaMarcus Aldridge or Marc Gasol. The Dubs will have about $34M committed to Curry, Lee, Thompson, Barnes, Green, & Ezeli, which would give them about $25-26M in cap space. Enough to sign one of those guys and two other solid bench guys.

The Warriors are a very fun squad that have a lot of positive mojo surrounding them in one of the coolest areas in the country, and will be likely moving into a new stadium in the next few years. I think you guys are going to be very attractive to free agents.

LeBron should take his talents to the Bay Area in 2015. I agree that the future looks good but the Dubs have to get a premier FA to get over the hump
LeBron should take his talents to the Bay Area in 2015. I agree that the future looks good but the Dubs have to get a premier FA to get over the hump

All the pieces are there for that to happen. Nothing's more valuable than a good player on a rookie contract, and will have 2 of them in Barnes & Thompson, + 2 decent role players on rookie contracts in Green & Ezeli. To put it in perspective, those 4 players COMBINED will make less in 2014-15 than Richard Jefferson made this year.
we could help kobe go out on top lol

All the pieces are there for that to happen. Nothing's more valuable than a good player on a rookie contract, and will have 2 of them in Barnes & Thompson, + 2 decent role players on rookie contracts in Green & Ezeli. To put it in perspective, those 4 players COMBINED will make less in 2014-15 than Richard Jefferson made this year.

Beans, Jefferson, and Bogut are expirings after next season..
  • vaden
  • Veteran
Vegas making me nervous. They still have the Spurs as pretty big favorites to win this series even though the public is betting heavily on the Warriors in game 3. A lot of wiseguy $$$ must be rolling in on SA.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
I cant help but remember how many people in the WZ thought the Monta for Bogut trade was just horrible. You know who you are! That deal was brillant and you have to give ownership and management credit for pulling it off.

WIthout that trade:

No Legit Starting Center
No Harrision Barnes
No Festes Ezeli
2 Small Undersized guards

NO PLAYOFFS and a BLEAK FUTURE

Still think you guys shoulda dealt him to the Nets for the pick they gave up for Gerald Wallace. I know this year is a ton of fun for Warrior fans and Bogut's gotten healthy at the right time, but gimme a core of Curry, Thompson, Barnes, & Andre Drummond any day of the week. You'd have those guys, Lee, + cap space in '14 as well. That's about as bright of a future as you can get.

When was that offer on the table?

Even if it was that's still making a trade on hindsight. No one thought Dion Waiters would be drafted before Barnes which is why Barnes slipped.
[ Edited by Hopper on May 10, 2013 at 7:37 AM ]

i agree with this lol. let them expire, bid for LeBron.
I cant help but remember how many people in the WZ thought the Monta for Bogut trade was just horrible. You know who you are! That deal was brillant and you have to give ownership and management credit for pulling it off.

WIthout that trade:

No Legit Starting Center
No Harrision Barnes
No Festes Ezeli

I was one of those people. Monta was my favorite Warrior and at some point, I knew we were going to trade him just because his name was on the trade block every year. Reason I hated the trade was because it netted us Captain Jack (who I despised already) and Bogut (who I felt was injury prone).

I admitted to eating crow and I hope that Bogut stays healthy and continues to come up huge for us in the playoffs.
Originally posted by nothing03:
This article just came in today about Monta almost having a fight with Larry Sanders after their loss to the heat. Monta thought that Sanders is calling him out as selfish lol.
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/monta-ellis-larry-sanders-had-reportedly-separated-engaging-175044303.html

I heard about this on the radio this morning. Not to mention a somewhat subtle jab yesterday from Mark Jackson. A jab that could've been towards Monta, but we'll never know.

Sucks to hear about Monta, though. The guy is such a competitor, but he'll always have a cloud over him because of situations like the moped, the warriors employee, his antics during media day, and the fact that he was the main guy during some real bad years for the Dubs.

I'd like to see him go to Chicago as a sixth man.

Originally posted by SF69ers:
This article just came in today about Monta almost having a fight with Larry Sanders after their loss to the heat. Monta thought that Sanders is calling him out as selfish lol.
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/monta-ellis-larry-sanders-had-reportedly-separated-engaging-175044303.html

I heard about this on the radio this morning. Not to mention a somewhat subtle jab yesterday from Mark Jackson. A jab that could've been towards Monta, but we'll never know.

Sucks to hear about Monta, though. The guy is such a competitor, but he'll always have a cloud over him because of situations like the moped, the warriors employee, his antics during media day, and the fact that he was the main guy during some real bad years for the Dubs.

as much as i liked monta...he was holding this team back
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

yea, it was difficult for him to be "the man" of a team with no talent and having to share the spotlight with Curry.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

yea, it was difficult for him to be "the man" of a team with no talent and having to share the spotlight with Curry.

Curry just has that positive aura ..which i didn't get from Monta and i think it spreads through out the team, franchise and fans
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on May 10, 2013 at 8:16 AM ]
Originally posted by Hopper:

WIthout that trade:

No Legit Starting Center
No Harrision Barnes
No Festes Ezeli

Still think you guys shoulda dealt him to the Nets for the pick they gave up for Gerald Wallace. I know this year is a ton of fun for Warrior fans and Bogut's gotten healthy at the right time, but gimme a core of Curry, Thompson, Barnes, & Andre Drummond any day of the week. You'd have those guys, Lee, + cap space in '14 as well. That's about as bright of a future as you can get.

Even if it was that's still making a trade on hindsight. No one thought Dion Waiters would be drafted before Barnes which is why Barnes slipped.

I dont think that offer was ever on the table. The assumption was that Monta was worth as much or more than Gerald Wallace and thus they could have gotten that high pick.
Originally posted by Hopper:

WIthout that trade:

No Legit Starting Center
No Harrision Barnes
No Festes Ezeli

I dont think that offer was ever on the table. The assumption was that Monta was worth as much or more than Gerald Wallace and thus they could have gotten that high pick.

That, and I believe the Nets did show a little interest in Monta.
Share 49ersWebzone