LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 275 users in the forums

2012-13 Golden State Warriors Thread.

nvrmnd.
[ Edited by bayarealuv on May 10, 2013 at 9:49 AM ]
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
You guys are still better without David Lee.

oh no he didnt

I think he did! Pete has become 80sBaby.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
You guys are still better without David Lee.

oh no he didnt

I think he did! Pete has become 80sBaby.

lol at that guy.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Lee doesn't play a lick of defense. But we wouldn't have won 47 games without him.
id like to apologize to mark jackson for calling him mark singletary. clearly he is not as dumb as singletary.
Originally posted by schmons:
id like to apologize to mark jackson for calling him mark singletary. clearly he is not as dumb as singletary.

I'd have to apologize as well. I also compared him to Singletary at one point last year.

Motivational speaking is a big part of their coaching style. The difference is that Jackson is far more calm and cerebral, and you can see how that reflects on the Warriors. Singletary was wild and unpredictable, and that mirrored his team.
Originally posted by schmons:

he's still Mike Singletary, motivates and doesbasically nothing else, but it works in basketball and not football apparently
Originally posted by nothing03:
I was a Monta supporter then, and I still root for him now. Blaming Monta for all the s**t the Warriors went through just isn't right. The fact that we didn't have a center or a coaching staff capable of helping this team progress is the reason we sucked so bad. In saying that, in no way am i saying that I don't like and support the team now. Obviously, the FO had a plan on how to build this team and acquiring a center (an injury prone big that we were all beginning to lose hope on) and drafting smart.

Monta does hog the ball, but it was only because he was the only one capable of driving to the basket. I still think he'd be a real good sixth man. I'd actually rather have him than Jack as our sixth, but I don't ever see that happening.
I am not blaming Monta for the suckage we been sucking even before he got here lol. I am just saying that if we didn't trade Monta Thompson wouldn't be the starter on that year and develop as the player he is now. We basically gave Monta's minutes to Thompson after he left. We wouldn't got Barnes as well because I believe we coulda won a couple of more games and that would put us out of the range of barnes on the draft. But I believe that if we didn't trade him he could had prevented curry to develop as well. Monta would have the ball majority of the time and Curry would be just like Thompson now. Basically the Warriors put all their cards on the table betting that Curry would develop and that was the best move. They made Curry the center of the offense instead of Shoot first player like Monta.
You are right about one thing Monta would be a great sixth man on any team. He reminds me of Jason Terry a great scorer but undersized to be the star player of any team.

well in that case...i agree with you lol.

This article just came in today about Monta almost having a fight with Larry Sanders after their loss to the heat. Monta thought that Sanders is calling him out as selfish lol.
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/monta-ellis-larry-sanders-had-reportedly-separated-engaging-175044303.html
I cant help but remember how many people in the WZ thought the Monta for Bogut trade was just horrible. You know who you are! That deal was brillant and you have to give ownership and management credit for pulling it off.

WIthout that trade:

No Legit Starting Center
No Harrision Barnes
No Festes Ezeli
2 Small Undersized guards

NO PLAYOFFS and a BLEAK FUTURE
I cant help but remember how many people in the WZ thought the Monta for Bogut trade was just horrible. You know who you are! That deal was brillant and you have to give ownership and management credit for pulling it off.

WIthout that trade:

No Legit Starting Center
No Harrision Barnes
No Festes Ezeli

Still think you guys shoulda dealt him to the Nets for the pick they gave up for Gerald Wallace. I know this year is a ton of fun for Warrior fans and Bogut's gotten healthy at the right time, but gimme a core of Curry, Thompson, Barnes, & Andre Drummond any day of the week. You'd have those guys, Lee, + cap space in '14 as well. That's about as bright of a future as you can get.

WIthout that trade:

No Legit Starting Center
No Harrision Barnes
No Festes Ezeli

Still think you guys shoulda dealt him to the Nets for the pick they gave up for Gerald Wallace. I know this year is a ton of fun for Warrior fans and Bogut's gotten healthy at the right time, but gimme a core of Curry, Thompson, Barnes, & Andre Drummond any day of the week. You'd have those guys, Lee, + cap space in '14 as well. That's about as bright of a future as you can get.

Maybe. We will see if Drummond ever reaches his potential. The point is though................ Lacob and Myers saw the need to take action and they took a bold step with the deal. I liked it a lot but others in here were calling it the worse deal in history and trying to make it sound like the Warriors had just traded a superstar rather than an undersized 2 guard.

We have all the stuff you mentioned above other than Drummond. However, the Dubs have Bogut and Ezeli instead. No way we are making this run right now without these guys.
Maybe. We will see if Drummond ever reaches his potential. The point is though................ Lacob and Myers saw the need to take action and they took a bold step with the deal. I liked it a lot but others in here were calling it the worse deal in history and trying to make it sound like the Warriors had just traded a superstar rather than an undersized 2 guard.

We have all the stuff you mentioned above other than Drummond. However, the Dubs have Bogut and Ezeli instead. No way we are making this run right now without these guys.

Maybe. I'm not sure that Bogut's much better than Drummond at this point, much less in the future. He's already very, very good, provides the same things that Bogut does, and he'd actually be able to run with this squad. But either way...yes, dealing Monta was definitely the right thing to do, and you guys did very well. I just think there was a home run available.
So Pete............ would it make more sense to deal Biedrins and Jefferson to get a tough post up PF or a dependable 3rd guard ( with teams wanting those expiring contracts) or simply keep them around and then go after a big time FA in 2015.
So Pete............ would it make more sense to deal Biedrins and Jefferson to get a tough post up PF or a dependable 3rd guard ( with teams wanting those expiring contracts) or simply keep them around and then go after a big time FA in 2015.

I think the right move is to float them out there to see what's available, but I think your best option is '15 Free Agency, while specifically targeting LaMarcus Aldridge or Marc Gasol. The Dubs will have about $34M committed to Curry, Lee, Thompson, Barnes, Green, & Ezeli, which would give them about $25-26M in cap space. Enough to sign one of those guys and two other solid bench guys.

The Warriors are a very fun squad that have a lot of positive mojo surrounding them in one of the coolest areas in the country, and will be likely moving into a new stadium in the next few years. I think you guys are going to be very attractive to free agents.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Share 49ersWebzone