LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 234 users in the forums

2012-13 Golden State Warriors Thread.

Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
I dont know about being a true contender in a year. I love the excitement that the team can bring when they are shooting like last night but until they can shut teams down on defense they will be a late playoff seed. They need to sign Jack and Landry obviously but also sign an impact FA. I'm not sure who is out there that can make the Warriors able to compete with the Heat or the Thunder. Any ideas???

That doesnt take away from how fun they can be to watch though.

I don't think the Warrior's best option to improve will be through free agency, I think it will be through trade. The Dubs will be over the cap and only have the Mid Level Exception available, assuming that Biedrins and Jefferson exercise their options. If they do, however, that means they're $11M and $9M expiring contracts. Bogut's a $14M expiring deal as well.

I think you're exactly right regarding the team's defensive deficiencies being what will prevent them from becoming an elite team. While I think it's a long shot, if I were the Dubs I'd try to flip one of those guys for Kevin Garnett. The team needs a defensive leader, and Bogut's just too undependable because of injuries. Garnett could play the backup 4-5 positions and get 24-28mpg, or step in for either Bogut or Lee if they're injured.

The problem is that I believe KG has a no trade clause and might not have an interest in moving at this point. I'd imagine Boston would just want out of his contract as they're about to go into full rebuild mode, so you could probably get him for Jefferson or Biedrins and a 2nd Round pick.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
I dont know about being a true contender in a year. I love the excitement that the team can bring when they are shooting like last night but until they can shut teams down on defense they will be a late playoff seed. They need to sign Jack and Landry obviously but also sign an impact FA. I'm not sure who is out there that can make the Warriors able to compete with the Heat or the Thunder. Any ideas???

I don't think the Warrior's best option to improve will be through free agency, I think it will be through trade. The Dubs will be over the cap and only have the Mid Level Exception available, assuming that Biedrins and Jefferson exercise their options. If they do, however, that means they're $11M and $9M expiring contracts. Bogut's a $14M expiring deal as well.

I think you're exactly right regarding the team's defensive deficiencies being what will prevent them from becoming an elite team. While I think it's a long shot, if I were the Dubs I'd try to flip one of those guys for Kevin Garnett. The team needs a defensive leader, and Bogut's just too undependable because of injuries. Garnett could play the backup 4-5 positions and get 24-28mpg, or step in for either Bogut or Lee if they're injured.

The problem is that I believe KG has a no trade clause and might not have an interest in moving at this point. I'd imagine Boston would just want out of his contract as they're about to go into full rebuild mode, so you could probably get him for Jefferson or Biedrins and a 2nd Round pick.

I forgot that there were player options for jefferson and Biedrins. Obviously they will exercise those. Maybe in 2015 LeBron will take his talents to Northern California.

I forgot that there were player options for jefferson and Biedrins. Obviously they will exercise those. Maybe in 2015 LeBron will take his talents to Northern California.

LeBron would give Steph and Klay open shots all game. It wouldn't be fair

brandon rush?
Originally posted by vrabbit:
it's gonna be hard to have another shooting game like last night's

How do you think they got in the playoffs ?

They are not a Drive to basket team

Still can't believe we didn't amnesty Andris...
Stephen Curry ‏@StephenCurry3013m
No ankle left unturned lol
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:

lmao at least he can have a sense of humor about it... this one is funny

• teeohh
  • Veteran

My favorite was 2 sprainzzz

I couldn't think if anything clever

• Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Originally posted by gold49digger:

travel???

I don't see a travel

Just wanted to see what other people think. A couple of people are arguing that this is traveling

not a travel.

I would DEFINITELY buy season tix if that happened
Originally posted by SF69ers:

I would DEFINITELY buy season tix if that happened

Steph, Klay, Lebron, Lee, Bogut?

Barnes off the bench?
More talent than any other team he's been on

Imagine LeBron dishing out to Steph/Klay/Barnes

Ok, fantasy over..
[ Edited by InconvenienTTruth21 on Apr 25, 2013 at 9:16 AM ]

Barnes off the bench?

Ok, fantasy over..

just came
Originally posted by SF69ers:

Barnes off the bench?

Ok, fantasy over..

just came

It would be like Barry Bonds coming to the Giants as a FA .............................................. TIMES 1000
Share 49ersWebzone