LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 439 users in the forums

2012-13 Golden State Warriors Thread.

Originally posted by gold49digger:

Sad
rumors are that Festus Ezeli will start at PF tonight, to try and match the intensity and physicality of Kenneth Farried and to keep Landry on the bench to provide depth and scoring
just let curry shoot 50 times..
Originally posted by SF69ers:
rumors are that Festus Ezeli will start at PF tonight, to try and match the intensity and physicality of Kenneth Farried and to keep Landry on the bench to provide depth and scoring

Ezeli/Bogut up front?

That lineup better not play too much together, because Denver's bigs will beat both of them down court (especially with Faried healthy) and that's when they're at their best.

Maybe they should put Biedrins at the SF too. Seriously, hard to imagine those 2 on the court together for very long. The only way the Warriors can win is to get max efforts from Landry and Jack off the bench and for Barnes to step up. Steph and Klay alone will not be enough.
Originally posted by gold49digger:
It annoys me how we had Green defend the hottest guy on the court. I wouldve put Bazemore or Thompson on him. Oh well, better luck next year

Agreed...my initial thought was why not Thompson. Bazemore would've made sense also. I know Green has been pretty good on defense, but putting him on a 6'2" guard who's still pretty quick, was tearing it up that game, and with so much open floor just doesn't strike me as the best idea.

Just hoping the W's don't just get blown out tonight...for some reason I'm actually thinking they're going to keep it close.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Ezeli/Bogut up front?

That lineup better not play too much together, because Denver's bigs will beat both of them down court (especially with Faried healthy) and that's when they're at their best.

Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Maybe they should put Biedrins at the SF too. Seriously, hard to imagine those 2 on the court together for very long. The only way the Warriors can win is to get max efforts from Landry and Jack off the bench and for Barnes to step up. Steph and Klay alone will not be enough.

The response from the guys on the radio (like Ric Bucher) is that having Ezeli in there for defense and his physical prowess is to allow Bogut to move around the floor more. According to Bucher, Bogut might be handling some of plays that David Lee was responsible for (high pick & roll).

Very risky move and might bite them in the ass. But in all seriousness, they may need to shake things up by doing this and just hope that Bogut/Barnes steps up and Curry gets hot.
Need Carl Landry to show up big tonight!!!
The response from the guys on the radio (like Ric Bucher) is that having Ezeli in there for defense and his physical prowess is to allow Bogut to move around the floor more. According to Bucher, Bogut might be handling some of plays that David Lee was responsible for (high pick & roll).

Very risky move and might bite them in the ass. But in all seriousness, they may need to shake things up by doing this and just hope that Bogut/Barnes steps up and Curry gets hot.

Denver is the #1 team in the league this year in fast break points. Bogut & Ezeli aren't going to be able to show much defense and physical prowess when they're looking at the back of Faried & McGee's jerseys while they're flying up the court. I'll reserve judgment until I actually see how many minutes they play together, but that is a terrible 4/5 combo against this team.
Denver is the #1 team in the league this year in fast break points. Bogut & Ezeli aren't going to be able to show much defense and physical prowess when they're looking at the back of Faried & McGee's jerseys while they're flying up the court. I'll reserve judgment until I actually see how many minutes they play together, but that is a terrible 4/5 combo against this team.

agreed

Ezeli/Bogut up front?

I can dig it. I'd actually rather have Ezeli start over Landry. He's a hustla baby, I just want you know
Only 1 Power Forward on the roster + No perimeter stoppers = Screwed
Originally posted by TheGoldStandard:
Only 1 Power Forward on the roster + No perimeter stoppers = Screwed

It really is unfortunate that it came to this. Put David Lee and Brandon Rush on this team right now and they could have done some damage.
Bogus needs to step up tonight
Originally posted by YungAce:
Bogus needs to step up tonight

or curry
Share 49ersWebzone