LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 235 users in the forums

2012-13 Golden State Warriors Thread.

Originally posted by jrg:
Originally posted by Garcia:
I hated Andre Miller before... ugly ass mother f**ker... I despise him now.

I hope he tears both his knees walking to his car in the parking lot.

damn bro

Seriously. I respect Miller and how he played today. No fear, made smart plays. Just the opposite of the Warriors. He must have been laughing when he saw Draymond guarding him at the end. There was no doubt he would go past him to the hoop.
surprised barnes wasnt in there to guard miller

did they go to that match-up earlier in the game (took a nap during the 3rd and most of fourth lol)
Well played game 1. Only one reason why we lost the game -- Turnovers. We don't turn the ball over like we did in the 2nd half, we win.

Going forward, under no circumstance do we have Curry or Jack guard Andre Miller. I know Draymond gave up the winning layup at the end, but if he or another defender with some size was guarding him, Miller would have never gotten that hot to begin with.

Also, we cannot allow a guy like Brewer to burn us. He offers no offensive value outside of shooting open 3-pointers. f**king run him off the 3-point line and force him to do something else.

We have to be able to better handle Denver's pressure defense and double teams. It seems like whenever they went to it, they got a turnover. Jackson and Malone need to coach these guys up fast so we don't shrink in those moments.
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
Could have won this game
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Well played game 1. Only one reason why we lost the game -- Turnovers. We don't turn the ball over like we did in the 2nd half, we win.

Going forward, under no circumstance do we have Curry or Jack guard Andre Miller. I know Draymond gave up the winning layup at the end, but if he or another defender with some size was guarding him, Miller would have never gotten that hot to begin with.

Also, we cannot allow a guy like Brewer to burn us. He offers no offensive value outside of shooting open 3-pointers. f**king run him off the 3-point line and force him to do something else.

We have to be able to better handle Denver's pressure defense and double teams. It seems like whenever they went to it, they got a turnover. Jackson and Malone need to coach these guys up fast so we don't shrink in those moments.

Competitive game for sure but well played? Hardly. Not when you shoot 41% and make 17 turnovers.
Tough loss, but better than expected for their 1st time in the playoffs.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Competitive game for sure but well played? Hardly. Not when you shoot 41% and make 17 turnovers.

Denver's percentages weren't that great either, especially their 3-point shooting and free throwing.

What won them the game was the turnover differential. I think they only had 1 or 2 turnovers all 2nd half.

I'm not worried about FG%. We'll hit our fair share of shots and 3-pointers. It's all about turnover differential.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

Denver's percentages weren't that great either, especially their 3-point shooting and free throwing.

What won them the game was the turnover differential. I think they only had 1 or 2 turnovers all 2nd half.

I'm not worried about FG%. We'll hit our fair share of shots and 3-pointers. It's all about turnover differential.

Neither team played well at all in my opinion. Very poorly played on both sides other than Andre Miller. The Warriors needed to take advantage of a bad effort by the Nuggets and they couldnt do it. Hopefully they will next time.
  • NickV
  • Veteran
Im not real basketball save or know too much about the game but I was on the edge of my seat the whole game.

Can't wait for game 2.
If only Curry had brought his A game we steal game 1. Now it's going to be even harder if Lee is hurt and Faried returns.

• Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jrg:
Originally posted by Garcia:
I hated Andre Miller before... ugly ass mother f**ker... I despise him now.

I hope he tears both his knees walking to his car in the parking lot.

damn bro

lol

overreactive hyperbole

still hate him though
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
It's amazing how a damn 37 yr old goes by a guy in his mid 20's

I was a little surprised to see Green on Miller....Green's not a terrible defender, but on their PG? Yeah he's 37, but dude was ballin, you knew he was going to hold for the last shot and just break Green down. Thompson might have been a better choice, plus no one (Bogut?) collapsed to help...sure miller could've kicked it out, but I'd rather take my chances on a jumper than just letting him abuse Green all the way to the rim.
Miller is a boss. Savy vet that has been good for a long time. Should've expected him to do this with 2 very young teams.
We should have had Bazemore guard Miller in the end but oh well
[ Edited by YungAce on Apr 21, 2013 at 10:40 AM ]
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Damn guys, sorry to hear about David Lee. That sucks.
Share 49ersWebzone