LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 264 users in the forums

2012-13 Golden State Warriors Thread.

And yeah, I tuned in during the 2nd half, but the amount of uncontested layups and dunks we gave up down the stretch was pathetic. This All-Star break couldn't have come at a better time.
The Warriors are just a bad basketball team right now. Their defense is atrocious
They seem out of sync with Bogut back in the lineup. They're just going to have to take their lumps until he gets up to speed.

Also, I hate it when Jackson goes with a frontcourt of Landry/Green/Jefferson. That lineup is pure death to our offensive, defense, and rebounding. Landry is over-matched at the 5. Green and Jefferson make an awful forward combo.
What are the Sharks and Warriors since last Sunday? 0 - 11?
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
And yeah, I tuned in during the 2nd half, but the amount of uncontested layups and dunks we gave up down the stretch was pathetic. This All-Star break couldn't have come at a better time.

It makes me sick bc the W's played GREAT in the first half.
Harden and Lin shot like some ridiculously low percentage

in the 2nd things started to go down hill
but Lee, Curry, Bogut AND Barnes had four fouls early in the 3rd.... just bad bad bad.

the Ws would make some great defensive plays, run down the court and then turn the ball over... WTF
[ Edited by Garcia on Feb 12, 2013 at 11:52 PM ]
Feels like Nellie is coaching the team the way we've played defense four of the last five games.
Our defense has looked absolutely HORRIBLE! No help defense, opposing teams are running free in our zone, and our players look too tired going 1-on-1.

Mark Jackson's rotations are starting to piss me off. When Bogut and Lee comes off the floor, he has Landry and Draymond manning the front court?! WTF, we finally have depth at the center spot!! Use Festus or Biedrins to defend against the bigger centers like Asik.
The schedule looks waaaay better from here on out. We just have to take care of business. Teams that spread the floor and have good shooters give us a lot of trouble. We just don't close out on them well enough. And when we do, we don't play good enough help defense. Jax and Malone have a full week to study and try to fix it. It's half defensive strategy, but it's half effort as well.

QUESTION: I know that Bogut must play, but what happened to letting Festus develop? He doesn't even sniff the floor now.
Fire Jackson, give the job to Malone
Originally posted by DaDDieO:
The schedule looks waaaay better from here on out. We just have to take care of business. Teams that spread the floor and have good shooters give us a lot of trouble. We just don't close out on them well enough. And when we do, we don't play good enough help defense. Jax and Malone have a full week to study and try to fix it. It's half defensive strategy, but it's half effort as well.

QUESTION: I know that Bogut must play, but what happened to letting Festus develop? He doesn't even sniff the floor now.

I was wondering the same thing in the post above yours. When Bogut was out, Festus was starting and Biedrins would occasionally get his minutes in. Now that Bogut is back, and we finally have depth at the position, Jackson still prefers to play small, letting Landry and Draymond defend against the bigs while letting Festus sit and watch

Originally posted by SF69ers:

I was wondering the same thing in the post above yours. When Bogut was out, Festus was starting and Biedrins would occasionally get his minutes in. Now that Bogut is back, and we finally have depth at the position, Jackson still prefers to play small, letting Landry and Draymond defend against the bigs while letting Festus sit and watch

I totally agree. I though Ezili was playing well and giving the team some quality minutes. I dont advocate playing him 20 minutes a night but he should be playing 10 minutes or so. Continue his development! Jackson is starting to really piss me off .
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

I totally agree. I though Ezili was playing well and giving the team some quality minutes. I dont advocate playing him 20 minutes a night but he should be playing 10 minutes or so. Continue his development! Jackson is starting to really piss me off .

The rotation has looked VERY Nellie-like. It seems like Jackson is worried about getting enough scorers on the floor, like having Landry and Lee out there getting outmatched by bigger guys. Put Ezeli in for strength, defense, and rebounds. You have enough scorers.

And don't get me started with Harrison Barnes seeing the better part of the bench the majority of the second half. I just don't get it. The guy is playing really well on BOTH sides of the court, yet, he sees the bench at crunch time.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

The rotation has looked VERY Nellie-like. It seems like Jackson is worried about getting enough scorers on the floor, like having Landry and Lee out there getting outmatched by bigger guys. Put Ezeli in for strength, defense, and rebounds. You have enough scorers.

And don't get me started with Harrison Barnes seeing the better part of the bench the majority of the second half. I just don't get it. The guy is playing really well on BOTH sides of the court, yet, he sees the bench at crunch time.

He gets a very tight leash, unless he gets hot. It seemed as if he got lost in the flow of the offense last night. Klay shot 21x. Barnes should get a few of those looks.
[ Edited by DaDDieO on Feb 13, 2013 at 12:45 PM ]
He gets NO leash at all, unless he gets hot. It seemed as if he got lost in the flow of the offense last night. Klay shot 21x. Barnes should get a few of those looks.

I think it's funny that Jackson let Klay go through the growing pains last year as a rookie, gave him all the opportunity in the world to show that he can compete in the NBA, yet, he can't do the same for Harrison Barnes, who IMO is a MUCH BETTER prospect.
He gets NO leash at all, unless he gets hot. It seemed as if he got lost in the flow of the offense last night. Klay shot 21x. Barnes should get a few of those looks.

I think it's funny that Jackson let Klay go through the growing pains last year as a rookie, gave him all the opportunity in the world to show that he can compete in the NBA, yet, he can't do the same for Harrison Barnes, who IMO is a MUCH BETTER prospect.

Why is that? Oh, because he can GET TO THE RIM OFF THE DRIBBLE???? Klay kills me sometimes. Make no mistake, he's a dead-eye shooter when he's on. But needs to find ways to get to the FT line when he's not. A lil more clever. A lot tougher.
Share 49ersWebzone