LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 149 users in the forums

`````````` MLS 2015 / 2016 ``````````

5 minutes of extra time porfavor... one goal before the half would be crucial!
That injury to Bernardez early in the match killed them. Like the quakes were saying at halftime, they still need to pick up the play for him, but there was a huge hole in the defense that they just couldn't fix.

Supporters Shield then 2 and out.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
That injury to Bernardez early in the match killed them. Like the quakes were saying at halftime, they still need to pick up the play for him, but there was a huge hole in the defense that they just couldn't fix.

Hell of a season though! It felt sort of like the Oakland A's 2012 season sort of.

I know Wondo tied the MLS goal mark and Lenhart was a great comparable striker but Alan Gordon really saved the Quakes a bunch of times! He get's my vote for team MVP. I thought Chavez was the most underrated player in the early portion of the season but injuries caused him to fade down the stretch. Busch was a pretty a good goalie this past season with decent instincts but what is he 5'10? 5'11? We could use one of those massive Dutch goalies! Cronin/Baca are fine players but if those players could be upgraded then we should. Dawkins loan is up right? So many questions. Go Quakes.

Originally posted by H41L5ATAN:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

Hell of a season though! It felt sort of like the Oakland A's 2012 season sort of.

I know Wondo tied the MLS goal mark and Lenhart was a great comparable striker but Alan Gordon really saved the Quakes a bunch of times! He get's my vote for team MVP. I thought Chavez was the most underrated player in the early portion of the season but injuries caused him to fade down the stretch. Busch was a pretty a good goalie this past season with decent instincts but what is he 5'10? 5'11? We could use one of those massive Dutch goalies! Cronin/Baca are fine players but if those players could be upgraded then we should. Dawkins loan is up right? So many questions. Go Quakes.

I think it was a big mistake not getting Gordon in the game earlier. He should have started the 2nd half, IMO.
so we didn't win the championship?
Originally posted by pdizo916:
so we didn't win the championship?

No BUT...

MVP winner AND

Coach of the year!

... MLS Supporters Shield too! Stupid playoffs...
  • NickV
  • Veteran
OY where be H41L5ATAN so he can edit the first post?!

New season starts next week.
Originally posted by NickV:
OY where be H41L5ATAN so he can edit the first post?!

New season starts next week.

Damn. 0 - 0 - 1
Yeah, you could definitely see the drop in skill on the field with all the injuries they have. Need to get healthy.

Just kicked off against the redbulls. Couple chances already.
We are beat up pretty bad. It's like two different teams!
The equalizer!!!
HAND BALL!
WONDO! SUCK IT NEW YORK!!
Share 49ersWebzone