LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 241 users in the forums

`````````` MLS 2015 / 2016 ``````````

Wondo keeping up the hot streak. US is whooping the teams they're suppose to whoop.

Side note: Wondo had a W sewn on the inside of his jersey. Per rules, you can't intentionally spell your name wrong on your jersey, so he had the W sewn on the inside for good luck. Seems to be working.
Quakes finally get a W last saturday against the sounders. Hopefully when Wondo gets back his international hot streak will carry over to club play.
  • jtr2
  • Veteran
We beat the mighty Antigua Barracuda FC 6-0!!!
Nice finish by Shea off a great pass from Donovan for a 1-0 win against Costa Rica.
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:
Nice finish by Shea off a great pass from Donovan for a 1-0 win against Costa Rica.

That pass was awesome. I had zero faith on Shea to put it in the net, but kudos for him for finishing it.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

That pass was awesome. I had zero faith on Shea to put it in the net, but kudos for him for finishing it.

It really was! One hell of a pass off the bounce.

Earlier though, Donovan should have had that goal. Just didn't chip it over the keeper.
Ha!
Eddie Johnson came in, immediate goal! Badass!
Ha!
Eddie Johnson came in, immediate goal! Badass!

He never even stopped running from the sideline entering the game. That was crazy. lol
Tough spot with Eddie Johnson. Obviously want him to score for us but don't want him to outshine Wondo. haha.

Two guys I still don't understand getting playing time: Jose Torres and Beckerman. I realize this is a second unit of sorts, but there have got to be better options. Bedoya, on the other hand, played a great game.

Sucks that Klinsmann won't be on the sideline for the final.
Originally posted by SacRock14:
Tough spot with Eddie Johnson. Obviously want him to score for us but don't want him to outshine Wondo. haha.

Two guys I still don't understand getting playing time: Jose Torres and Beckerman. I realize this is a second unit of sorts, but there have got to be better options. Bedoya, on the other hand, played a great game.

Sucks that Klinsmann won't be on the sideline for the final.

I think it's quite clear EJ is outshining Wondo. He's playing better against the better teams.

As far as those that aren't getting playing time, this tourney is all about those trying to make the team. Donovan is even trying to win his spot back after taking time off from the MNT.

We at the quakes game!

Originally posted by StOnEy333:
I think it's quite clear EJ is outshining Wondo. He's playing better against the better teams.

As far as those that aren't getting playing time, this tourney is all about those trying to make the team. Donovan is even trying to win his spot back after taking time off from the MNT.

I get that but have we not seen enough of Torres and Beckerman? These guys get chance after chance, yet never produce. Rather see others. I even kinda liked that sneaky Wondo/EJ combo for the end of last game. Not a full-time tactic, but fun to turn the pressure up on occasion.

Anyway, let's take care of business tomorrow!
Quakes win!!!

I could have went to the game today but I have so much s**t to do! I hope they take it home today.
WOOOOOOOOO ALL GOAL EVERYTHING

Share 49ersWebzone