LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 132 users in the forums

2012 NCAA Football thread

• Paul
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cestmoi:
THANK GOD TUBERVILLE IS GONE!
This opens the door for Tech to hire one of their own: Art Briles at Baylor (who has maintained that his alma mater, Texas Tech, is his dream job) or Kliff Kingsbury (Tech QB in 2000 - 02 & responsible for this year's Heisman trophy QB)
The era of the snake oil salesman is over!

Hge was the start of one of the first at Tech to put up huge numbers....I was happy to hear that he got the job, and he;s only 33! I can see him having huge potential, looking forward to watching the games.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Bruce Feldman ‏@BFeldmanCBS

Whoa. RT @JFowlerCBS Oregon St's Mike Riley to interview for Wisconsin job this wk, sources told @CBSSports http://cbsprt.co/SV0sf0
  • Jcool
  • Veteran

RT @tstephensCBS Nick Montana, son of Joe, plans transfer to Tulane http://bit.ly/UZBybN
Pac-12 Football LMAO. 9 of the 12 teams are like the junior varsity of the SEC.
[ Edited by Odyssey on Dec 18, 2012 at 2:01 AM ]
Originally posted by Odyssey:
Pac-12 Football LMAO. 9 of the 12 teams are like the junior varsity of the SEC.

lol what are you smoking? This year the PAC12 was a better conference top to bottom than the SEC. The SEC was pretty bad this year outside the top 4 teams.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran

RT @TomMulhernWSJ: #Badgers set to hire Utah State's Gary Andersen. Source confirms he's the choice.
  • Jiks
Originally posted by Jcool:

RT @TomMulhernWSJ: #Badgers set to hire Utah State's Gary Andersen. Source confirms he's the choice.

Great choice IMO. Guy is a fantastic coach. Have had the pleasure of watching him for a long time. Defensive cordinator for Utah for many years, then went to Utah St. and brought a laughable school to the best team in the state. He's coached under Urban Meyer, and Kyle Whittingham and he's a tough no nonsense guy.

Think he will be a good fit. Sad to see him leave though.
Originally posted by TheRambler:
lol what are you smoking? This year the PAC12 was a better conference top to bottom than the SEC. The SEC was pretty bad this year outside the top 4 teams.

Considering 6 of the top 10 teams are in the SEC I think you are smoking something. Thats almost half the conference. And don't even get me started on how LSU destroyed the Washington Huskies. And whats this better top to bottom? Arizona State couldn't even beat a crappy Missouri team. If Missouri is better than a middle tier Pac-12 team that says it all. Top to bottom would insinuate that you think WSU, Utah, Colorado, and Cal are decent teams. If you think they are than you aren't even worth talking to.
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:

Great choice IMO. Guy is a fantastic coach. Have had the pleasure of watching him for a long time. Defensive cordinator for Utah for many years, then went to Utah St. and brought a laughable school to the best team in the state. He's coached under Urban Meyer, and Kyle Whittingham and he's a tough no nonsense guy.

Its odd because a few weeks ago I read an article detailing how he would never leave Utah State
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
FootballScoop Staff ‏@footballscoop

We have learned that Tim Rattay has been hired as an assistant coach at Louisiana Tech. http://FootballScoop.com/the-scoop

• Jiks
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:

Its odd because a few weeks ago I read an article detailing how he would never leave Utah State

Then he goes and signs Andy Ludwig? Kind of shaking my head on that one. Never really liked the guy as an OC at all tbh. Yeah he helped us win a Sugar Bowl, but he is like Greg Roman. Leaves you scratching your head a lot. Just figured he'd get someone a little more stable.
The Pac-12 Defensive Player of the year DT Will Sutton is returning!!!! He was hurt on the first play against Oregon and missed UCLA game. If we had him against UCLA, we win that game and would have been in the PAC-12 championship game

Our D should be pretty good, I'd say top 15 in the nation (last year we were 27th). Lose LB Magee but we had a true frosh that was splitting time with him before getting injured that should do a good job. Lose our #2 Corner but we have a transfer that came in that will be elgible, plus previous year transfer Nelson at CB played pretty good at Nickel. Lose S Keelan Johnson which hurts, but his backup was apparently so good as a true frosh he had no redshirt. Otherwise, all the D is returning . The emering star though will be LB Carl Bradford, reportedly our most athletic player. Last 6 games he averaged 2 TFL per game, 1 sack per game, 7.5 tackles per game, and during that stretch 2 FF and an interception.

Bradford is #52
[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Jan 8, 2013 at 4:23 PM ]
anxious for that 2014 playoff, but it still needs to get better....... if it started this year:

1 Notre Dame
4 Oregon

2 Alabama
3 Florida

with Kansas State, Stanford, Georgia, LSU, Texas A&M on the outside looking in.
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
anxious for that 2014 playoff, but it still needs to get better....... if it started this year:

1 Notre Dame
4 Oregon

2 Alabama
3 Florida

with Kansas State, Stanford, Georgia, LSU, Texas A&M on the outside looking in.

While I'm stoked they will finally be implementing a playoff. Hopefully they end up expanding to at least 8 teams. 4 teams is kinda small and like you said, a lot of good teams are left out w/ only 4.
  • Jiks
A lot of great games next year but s**tz's going to be gettin much tougher . Welcome to the Pac-12 I guess. Go Utes!

Edit: Never had 2 Bye's... Interesting.

2013 Football Schedule
Aug. 29 (Thu.) Utah State
Sept. 7 Weber State
Sept. 14 Oregon State*
Sept. 21 at BYU
Sept. 28 BYE
Oct. 3 (Thu.) UCLA*
Oct. 12 Stanford*
Oct. 19 at Arizona*
Oct. 26 at USC*
Nov. 2 BYE