There are 275 users in the forums

2012 NBA Offseason Thread

• ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
53 points at the end of the 3rd.

lol you're acting like this is the first time you've seen it
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Hypothetical question...if you're Sam Presti, would you have offered James Harden, Serge Ibaka, & Kendrick Perkins for Dwight Howard & Jason Richardson?

I think I would have. Durant/Howard/Westbrook would have been must see TV & the prohibitive favorite to win the title. I'd roll the dice and dare Dwight Howard to walk away from a situation like that, especially considering he'd be walking away from another year and $30M in guaranteed money. It also would have kept Howard away from the Lakers. Before that and the Nash trade went down, OKC had a clear path to winning the West for the foreseeable future, with the Spurs & Lakers getting older and no new team really coming up. Now, that path to the Finals is a LOT harder.

But you risk having Dwight for only one year. Do you do it?

I would def have pulled the trigger on that deal. Also Perkins blows
Originally posted by marshniners24:
Then orlando becomes a 30 win team and misses out on the top prospects haha

I don't necessarily mean that Harden & Ibaka would have gone to Orlando, just like how Bynum didn't go there. But Harden + Ibaka has more trade value than Bynum alone, and that would have been able to fetch even more of the assets that Orlando wanted from a 3rd & 4th team. I don't think it would have been a 2 team trade, I just think that's what OKC would have had to send out to trump the Bynum offer.
The 2011 NBA Finals have been on NBA TV, and I don't think Dallas gets enough credit for the defensive job they did on LeBron in that series. In retrospect, it wasn't as much of LeBron choking as it was a team being really good at running a defense (2-3 zone) that takes away his strengths.
The 2011 NBA Finals have been on NBA TV, and I don't think Dallas gets enough credit for the defensive job they did on LeBron in that series. In retrospect, it wasn't as much of LeBron choking as it was a team being really good at running a defense (2-3 zone) that takes away his strengths.

Cuban would agree, Bayless not so much.
Hypothetical question...if you're Sam Presti, would you have offered James Harden, Serge Ibaka, & Kendrick Perkins for Dwight Howard & Jason Richardson?

I think I would have. Durant/Howard/Westbrook would have been must see TV & the prohibitive favorite to win the title. I'd roll the dice and dare Dwight Howard to walk away from a situation like that, especially considering he'd be walking away from another year and $30M in guaranteed money. It also would have kept Howard away from the Lakers. Before that and the Nash trade went down, OKC had a clear path to winning the West for the foreseeable future, with the Spurs & Lakers getting older and no new team really coming up. Now, that path to the Finals is a LOT harder.

But you risk having Dwight for only one year. Do you do it?

That's tough...Ibaka and Perkins are good defensively and you get rid of your top scorer off the bench. Who else do the Thunder have on the bench if that trade happened?
Originally posted by SF69ers:
That's tough...Ibaka and Perkins are good defensively and you get rid of your top scorer off the bench. Who else do the Thunder have on the bench if that trade happened?

Jason Richardson, Nick Collison, & Eric Maynor would be the main guys off of the bench. Not great, but not awful either.

They call him "The Jewish Dwight Howard"
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
While Durant got a daily reminder of the Finals loss by playing with Heat forward LeBron James on Team USA, James didn't rub it in. "LeBron made it easier, he didn't talk about it one time. That was cool. A guy that has achieved so much this past year, all he was worried about was Team USA. He never talked about it."

WTF? They wear yamakas during the game?!?

Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
WTF? They wear yamakas during the game?!?

YUP!!
Haha...6'9" kid playing D-6 ball. That's just not fair.

Lol at the Cheryl Miller part
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

They call him "The Jewish Dwight Howard"

This guy got the hype of Jewish Jordan back in the day and all the jewish kids at Maryland College Park were on his nutz
Share 49ersWebzone