There are 171 users in the forums

2012 NBA Offseason Thread

Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
I didn't realize how good the FA class is next summer.

1) Dwight Howard
2) Chris Paul
3) Andrew Bynum
4) Josh Smith
5) Al Jefferson
6) David West
7) Paul Millsap
8) Emeka Okafor
9) Kevin Martin
10) Devin Harris

How many of those are gonna stay with the same team? I say 7 or 8.

I think about 5 of them.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Health willing, obviously. But you guys have considerably more talent than you did last year, and the pieces fit together. Curry/Thompson/Barnes/Lee/Bogut is an excellent starting 5, and Jack/Rush/Landry is an very nice trio off of the bench.

The one guy you guys can't afford to lose is Bogut. That starting lineup isn't all that great on the defensive end, but he'll clean up a lot of mistakes. If he goes down, you guys are screwed. If anyone else goes down, you have a guy that can adequately replace him.

The Dubs are gonna surprise a lot of people this year.

I completely agree
If bogut goes down were done. Definitely our most important player
Kobe's 81 point game is on NBATV right now.
8:17 left in the 3rd, and the Lakers are down 16. Kobe then hits a 3 to make it his 35th point.
4 Min left in the 3rd Kobe has 47
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
4 Min left in the 3rd Kobe has 47

Hes a monster
53 points at the end of the 3rd.
Watched a bit of it 2 hours ago. LOL'ing at his fade away red rocket that clanked hard off the rim in the 1st.
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
Watched a bit of it 2 hours ago. LOL'ing at his fade away red rocket that clanked hard off the rim in the 1st.

Way to channel your inner Reign.

So happy he has a PG for once instead of guys like Smush

So happy he has a PG for once instead of guys like Smush

That's awesome.
Hypothetical question...if you're Sam Presti, would you have offered James Harden, Serge Ibaka, & Kendrick Perkins for Dwight Howard & Jason Richardson?

I think I would have. Durant/Howard/Westbrook would have been must see TV & the prohibitive favorite to win the title. I'd roll the dice and dare Dwight Howard to walk away from a situation like that, especially considering he'd be walking away from another year and $30M in guaranteed money. It also would have kept Howard away from the Lakers. Before that and the Nash trade went down, OKC had a clear path to winning the West for the foreseeable future, with the Spurs & Lakers getting older and no new team really coming up. Now, that path to the Finals is a LOT harder.

But you risk having Dwight for only one year. Do you do it?
[ Edited by LA9erFan on Aug 28, 2012 at 7:11 AM ]
Then orlando becomes a 30 win team and misses out on the top prospects haha
Share 49ersWebzone