LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 273 users in the forums

2012 NBA Offseason Thread

Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Originally posted by ImaMod:
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Rockets offer $30M over 4 years to Jeremy Lin, would be $5M in 2012-13, $5.25M in 2013-14, and close to $10M in 2014-15 and 2015-16.

10 mill a year for Lin in the last 2 years
lololol

Knicks said if he gets a high offer, they won't match, we will see.

The highest they can offer is 4yr 24.1M deal, and the deal would be similar to Houston's deal with Bulls RFA C Omer Asik, and Toronto's deal with New York's Landry Fields, in the sense it has a poison pill, making it hard to match.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

fixed
And since the Rockets withdrew there RFA qualifying offer to Courtney Lee, it freed up potential cap space, but still gives them Lee's bird rights, allowing them to go over the cap to re-sign him. Of course in order to do the reported Asik deal, and possible Lin deal they need to either renounce Dragic and Camby or sign Camby back, Dragic would be gone if Lin is added, or sign and trades for both.

I'm puzzles over these potential deals. Especially Lin, kinda makes us look dumb, we had him in camp before waiving him instaed of Jonny Flynn, who didn't play much and was dealt for Camby.

If the rockets go in with the following players into free agency under contract, Kevin Martin, Luis Scola, Kyle Lowry, Shaun Livingston, Patrick Patterson, Marcus Morris, Jon Brockman, Chandler Parsons, Greg Smith, Courtney Fortson, Diamon Simpson and Jon Leuer, they have committed $40.036M, plus $5.426M for 4 picks made in last 2 years, they would have cap room, but only if they renounce Dragic and Camby.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
And since the Rockets withdrew there RFA qualifying offer to Courtney Lee, it freed up potential cap space, but still gives them Lee's bird rights, allowing them to go over the cap to re-sign him. Of course in order to do the reported Asik deal, and possible Lin deal they need to either renounce Dragic and Camby or sign Camby back, Dragic would be gone if Lin is added, or sign and trades for both.

I'm puzzles over these potential deals. Especially Lin, kinda makes us look dumb, we had him in camp before waiving him instaed of Jonny Flynn, who didn't play much and was dealt for Camby.

If the rockets go in with the following players into free agency under contract, Kevin Martin, Luis Scola, Kyle Lowry, Shaun Livingston, Patrick Patterson, Marcus Morris, Jon Brockman, Chandler Parsons, Greg Smith, Courtney Fortson, Diamon Simpson and Jon Leuer, they have committed $40.036M, plus $5.426M for 4 picks made in last 2 years, they would have cap room, but only if they renounce Dragic and Camby.

What a busy off season for the Rockets
I'm not even sure what they're doing or what their goal is. They're just doing a lot of things
Dragic and Lowery>>>>>>>> Lin

What the hell are the rockets thinking??
Originally posted by marshniners24:
Dragic and Lowery>>>>>>>> Lin

What the hell are the rockets thinking??

$$$
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
"@ESPNSteinLine: Just going up online & via SportsCenter: Sources say Suns have consented to sign-and-trade Steve Nash to Lakers for package of future picks"
wow..
Lol
"@ESPNSteinLine: Just going up online & via SportsCenter: Sources say Suns have consented to sign-and-trade Steve Nash to Lakers for package of future picks"

They do need a PG, but who wants a bunch of late round picks in return .lol

• ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:

They do need a PG, but who wants a bunch of late round picks in return .lol

I know he's 38 but the Lakers always seem to get a lot by just giving a little
Nash is still the best distributor in the NBA.

Jared dudle doe

"@JaredDudley619: 1st off wanna thank @SteveNash for everything he's done for me as a player.He's def made me better and shown me how to be true professional"

"@JaredDudley619: @SteveNash has not only been a the Best but the most unselfish player I ever played with. I only wish him the Best. He's deserves everything"

"@JaredDudley619: @SteveNash has made many players millions.Only fitting to trade to a team that has a chance to win the ship and pay what he deserves"

More on Nash

"@ESPNSteinLine: Nash appealed to Suns management to send him to lone suitor of four finalists that could keep him in title hunt & within hour flight of kids"
[ Edited by ImaMod on Jul 4, 2012 at 6:06 PM ]
Nash will help the Lakers some on offense but I think he will be a liability on the defensive side of the ball. I just doubt it changes the balance of power in the West and believe the Lakers are still behind OKC and San Antonio. Interested to see what the Lakers had to give up to get him.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Nash will help the Lakers some on offense but I think he will be a liability on the defensive side of the ball. I just doubt it changes the balance of power in the West and believe the Lakers are still behind OKC and San Antonio. Interested to see what the Lakers had to give up to get him.

Its a good trade for the lakers but they're still old and slow

Its hard to not think that the Suns wasted his career. I know they were a top 5 team for a while but they could've surrounded him by better talent especially the last few years
What a busy off season for the Rockets
I'm not even sure what they're doing or what their goal is. They're just doing a lot of things

I also don't understand. Asik is a nice defensive Center, and Lin had a IMO one hit wonder. Overhyped at times. It's gonna be dumb to trade Lowry, just because he doesn't agree with McHale, who is a bad coach.

I was hoping for them to retain Dragic, but he wants 10M a yr, but seeing as though we are willing to give Lin 7.5M, I don't understand not keeping Lowry for cheaper, and a better player.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Why would Lakers want Nash? This makes little sense.
Share 49ersWebzone