LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 243 users in the forums

Kevin Durant being sued!

Apparently some 80's rock star Mark Durante is suing Kevin Durant for the use of the nick name durantula, I've never heard Kevin Durant beingcalled that during any broadcast, seems silly though...................

http://www.tmz.com/2012/06/20/kevin-durant-federal-lawsuit-durantula-trademark/?adid=hero2
horrible week for KD
Originally posted by ads_2006:
horrible week for KD

Lol
Wtf lol
  • Jiks
He will probably win too. I heard about this on the radio, and the guy was in 4 s**tty ass bands that nobody has ever heard of. 1 named Public Enemy, and he released a self album named Welcome to Earth. Welcome to Earth was released by Apoptygma Berzerk, on February 22, 2000, Durantes album was released 2004. Kind of sad that the biggest publicity this guy will ever see is a lawsuit, when he's done the same thing.
[ Edited by JiksJuicy on Jun 22, 2012 at 12:48 PM ]
So wait he is being sued because of a nickname OTHER people call him? it's not like he walks around refering to himself in the 3rd person, calling himself the durantula like the rock did.

Hope that dude gets put in jail or something.
Originally posted by coeliyian:
So wait he is being sued because of a nickname OTHER people call him? it's not like he walks around refering to himself in the 3rd person, calling himself the durantula like the rock did.

yea doesn't make sense to me either, I've never heard the name durantula before today

Clearly this
horrible week for KD

Me??? KD TMD SFC

Originally posted by kidash98:
horrible week for KD

Me??? KD TMD SFC

You should jump in and sue him as well

Something tells me the rock star is Broke now.

yea, broadcasters call him the durantula from time to time. I didn't know one could get sued if he/she uses A NICKNAME that someone else had/has. That's stupid. So the Rock or the WWE can sue me if I called myself the "rock, the great one, or the people's champion?" If I'm not profiting off of it, then why would it matter?

Does Durant calls himself durantula? Is he profiting from this nickname? If not, then this lawsuit is frivolous. Damn, this country is getting dumber and dumber by the day.
Share 49ersWebzone