LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 363 users in the forums

Manny Paki-Ow vs Tim Bradley (MGM Grand June 9th HBO PPV)

What kind of fighter is Bradley? A hard puncer/knockout guy, or more technical? I just think that he needs to win by KO because if it goes to the scorecard he will lose unless it's really decisive.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:

LMAO.. classic
Originally posted by sacniner:
What kind of fighter is Bradley? A hard puncer/knockout guy, or more technical? I just think that he needs to win by KO because if it goes to the scorecard he will lose unless it's really decisive.

This is how I feel, Bradley is coming into this match to prove he's the better fighter, already running his mouth that he's the better boxer, etc. Manny will do his usual offensive attacks, but I expect him to fight smart and not be too aggressive, make Bradley commit mistakes and capitalize on them. Should be a good fight, but can't see Bradley having much of a chance in this one no matter how much the media hypes it up.
Originally posted by bayarealuv:
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:

LMAO.. classic

Timothy Bradley is a good all round fighter. I see him as a tactician rarther than a boxer puncher. The thing I don't like about this fight is he had to come up in weight. The only other fight Bradley had at 147 was against Juan Carlos Abregu 3 fights ago. In Bradley's biggest fight to date, he beat Devon Alexander in a technical desicion. In that fight he displayed good timing and rythim with his combination punching. The things that can give Manny problems is the timing, Marquez showed how timing can neutralize speed. Another thing is how Bradley tends to lead with the head. In a fight with a south paws an orthodox fighter there is always a risk of head butts, even more with Bradley leading in with his head. Manny has some major issues looming outside the ring so the mental focus on his part is another factor.

The way I see it Manny has the speed, experience and weigh advantage over Bradley. Bradley will have to be absolutely perfect to win and would have to KO Manny to even get a fair deal. This is a safety first oponent set up by Arum to protect his biggest money producing fighter. Even if Bradley boxes circles around Manny, the judges will not risk the possible Mayweather fight. Manny wins by desicion after the fight is stopped due to cuts caused by a clash of heads. Most likely late KO or UD.
[ Edited by Niner_Demon on May 9, 2012 at 8:47 AM ]
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Is Arum wrong for wanting 50/50?

Why should Floyd get more money? 60/40? The ego on that phagg*t is annoying. I'm hoping someone beats the crap out of him someday, but most likely he'll just run away and taunt from afar.

Exactly. Floyd is trying to make it seem like money isn't the issue and he wants to give the people what they want, but insists that he will not go for a 50/50 split.

I'm gonna get flamed for this but if Floyd does 1.75M or more PPV buys, than he should get 60/40. Pac/Cotto did 1.25M. Floyd is clearly the biggest draw in boxing and by a big number.
Originally posted by Amir:
I'm gonna get flamed for this but if Floyd does 1.75M or more PPV buys, than he should get 60/40. Pac/Cotto did 1.25M. Floyd is clearly the biggest draw in boxing and by a big number.

They should just fight and winner takes all.
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Niner_Demon:

lol that'll never happen.

lol that'll never happen.

that def will never happen lol but i wish it woul, Both guys are so worried about the money, well if both of them are so confident in there skills, then put your money were your mouth is ...

If those are in fact the numbers, and Floyd is really the "pay per view king" and "cash cow" he has a legit arguement. Most people hate Floyd so they will turn on him especially with things like this.

The last 5 posts don't really belong in this thread. There is already the same comments being made in the Cotto vs mayweather thread.
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
The last 5 posts don't really belong in this thread. There is already the same comments being made in the Cotto vs mayweather thread.

Agreed. Someone brought it up here and I went along with it. My bad joto.

Let's take this argument to the Floyd/Cotto thread.

Agreed. Someone brought it up here and I went along with it. My bad joto.

Let's take this argument to the Floyd/Cotto thread.

Orale.
ive seen tim bradley fight but not enough to really get a feel for how good or bad he is... in your guys opinion is this another May vs Ortiz or does bradley actually have a chance to beat Pac
[ Edited by 9ersSince85 on May 9, 2012 at 11:46 AM ]
Originally posted by 9ersSince85:
ive seen tim bradley fight but not enough to really get a feel for how good or bad he is... in your guys opinion is this another May vs Ortiz or does bradley actually have a chance to be Pac

There is achance to surprise and be compettive much the way Cotto surprised a lot of people but I don't think Bradley wins. Bradley can out box manny a few rounds but I don't think he can keep it up all night.
Share 49ersWebzone