There are 178 users in the forums

Who's winning the NBA title?

Who's winning the NBA title?

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Miami's chances keep getting better and better. The East is decimated. It should be clear sailing all the way to the finals. The only challenge would be maybe in the finals.

The Celtics are the best coached team (not named the Spurs) and aren't going to roll over if they play the Heat.

I'm not saying the Heat won't make it, but the Celtis will make the Heat play tough and will make it a battle.

The Pacers are still not respected, could make it an interesting series real quick with a road win.
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Miami's chances keep getting better and better. The East is decimated. It should be clear sailing all the way to the finals. The only challenge would be maybe in the finals.

The Celtics are the best coached team (not named the Spurs) and aren't going to roll over if they play the Heat.

I'm not saying the Heat won't make it, but the Celtis will make the Heat play tough and will make it a battle.

The Pacers are still not respected, could make it an interesting series real quick with a road win.

If the C's do meet the Heat in the conference finals they need to stay healthy, continue to play as the #1 defensive team in the league, and rebound better. Boston did win 2 of 3 vs. the Heat during the regular season. I say 2 of 3 because that 3rd win was reserves vs. reserves. Key will be limiting Lebron and Wade from driving to the hoop. Avery Bradley can give Wade fits 1 on 1. I'll be happy if we can make Lebron shoot jumpers all day. But I'm talking way ahead of myself. We still have the 76ers to take care of.
NOT THE BULLS.
I'll go with OKC but would like to see Tim Duncan go out with a ring.
Originally posted by PSYKO5:
I'll go with OKC but would like to see Tim Duncan go out with a ring.

what? Timmy's gonna sign another 2-3 year contract just watch.
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Spurs are very very legit. I know they played the Jazz in round 1, but they have depth at every position. Not only that but Tony Parker is playing probably the best basketball of his career. This team is stacked and really does not have any weakness. Size, speed, talent at every positon, hof coach, experience, depth, ability to go inside and outside. I just don't think any team out there matches what they have to offer.

Wish I was as confident as you. Can't go by one series due to matchups. OKC presents different problems. The lakers would be our worst matchup and I don't want to see them at all.

Fair enough but I think they can get past those 2. The Bulls already out with all their injuries is a big deal.

I like the Pacers and I think it's a good matchup on paper, but I think there's a good chance that Miami sweeps them anyway. IMO, teams don't normally advance beyond the point that they feel they've had a successful season. If the Pacers lose this series, everyone will still be saying they had a helluva year. If Miami loses, it's an epic disaster. When the gap in expectations is THIS wide, the series is usually dominated by the more desperate team, IMO.

But on paper, it's an intriguing series. Hibbert & West can score on Bosh & Haslem/Anthony. LeBron & Wade don't have an enormous athletic advantage over George & Granger the way that they normally do over 2's & 3's. LeBron & Battier will lock Granger down though (who's had a bad season anyway), so for the Pacers to have any chance, they need the combination of George Hill & Darren Collison to get hot from the perimeter, IMO.
Spurs vs Mia Finals would be a nice story line of a team slowly built desiring now glamour vs the quickly built product that's all into its own hype.
Originally posted by marshniners24:
INDIANA OR MEMPHIS

Bump.

Indiana over the Spurs

Spurs are the best team in the NBA right now...no one plays like they do...team basket ball and very deep bench 10 man deep ...

Spurs over dirty cHeat in 3.....and that's cause Queen James doesn't usually show up on the 4th LOL
INDIANA OR MEMPHIS

Bump.

Indiana over the Spurs

It won't be miami, Bosh will return to the lineup, and they will be have issues again as they try to remember how to play with him.
[ Edited by unst4bl3 on May 24, 2012 at 1:50 AM ]
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
It won't be miami, Bosh will return to the lineup, and they will be have issues again as they try to remember how to play with him.

It wont be Miami because Lebron James will have nightmares of Popovich and Tony Parker in his dreams. Circa 2007 b***h!

That said I think Miami has the best chance of any of the 3 teams left to win 2-3 games in a series against the Spurs.
The hornets did
Share 49ersWebzone