LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 138 users in the forums

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by skeetskeet:
If Josh Johnson could stay healthy dudes a beast. I'd put out some feelers

But thats like saying "If Barry Zito could throw 97 mph id want him back next year."

Not quite. Barry zito never threw 97. Josh Johnson was one of the best in the game.
josh johnson on the minimum salary=smart move but nvr will happen.

But thats like saying "If Barry Zito could throw 97 mph id want him back next year."

Not quite. Barry zito never threw 97. Josh Johnson was one of the best in the game.

Josh Johnson has about the same chance of being an above average SP for a full, healthy season as Barry Zito does at throwing 97 mph.

The point is neither will happen.
[ Edited by Niners99 on Oct 29, 2013 at 11:22 PM ]
I still cant figure out how Buster Posey only hit 2 HR's after the All-Star break this year. WTF happened? He had his cold spells through the 2nd half, but his power just vanished..
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
I still cant figure out how Buster Posey only hit 2 HR's after the All-Star break this year. WTF happened? He had his cold spells through the 2nd half, but his power just vanished..

holy s**t! i didn't even realize that.

Josh Johnson has about the same chance of being an above average SP for a full, healthy season as Barry Zito does at throwing 97 mph.

The point is neither will happen.

In fairness, 2013 was Johnson's only awful year. I agree that he is a huge health risk and to pay anything more than a 1 year deal for him would be a pretty crazy. He is the ultimate risk -reward kind of guy though that could pay off for a team willing to roll the dice. I am just not convinced at this point that he can stay healthy for a full year.

I think Buster is a 25 homer max kind of guy and would be pretty surprised if he ever exceeds 30. Having said that, his decline in power this year was pretty surprising and disappoinintg. It wasnt just HRS either. His OPS and slugging average took a huge hit.

It is hard to figure out what happened. I know he was playing hurt a bit in the 2nd half and he seemed to roll over a lot more pitches than in the past. He is most successful when he drives the pitch to right center rather than try to pull the ball in my opinion.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
49k!
Share 49ersWebzone