There are 163 users in the forums

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
We won't sign any big name, especially after the zito debacle. All we will go is for bargains hoping they catch fire since they'll be looking for a big pay day the next year or 2. Or we'll over pay some average joe

Sabean will give Michael Morse like 60 mil, watch.
Originally posted by Niners99:
We won't sign any big name, especially after the zito debacle. All we will go is for bargains hoping they catch fire since they'll be looking for a big pay day the next year or 2. Or we'll over pay some average joe

or 6.0 million for one year.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by Niners99:

or 6.0 million for one year.

Nah, thats way too reasonable and fiscally responsible for Brian Sabean. lol
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
I wouldn't mind adding Morse. Injuries and switching leagues hurt his production.
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
McCann fits the need of a left handed power bat and it would be a huge plus not having to worry about Posey getting hurt again

if the money was right, maybe. but i wouldn't lock him up long term or anything.

if you sign him to a long term deal worth a lot, wouldnt you worry about McCann getting hurt lol. Although, we would all worry about any player getting hurt

McCann is much more built than Buster is, and Buster is our franchise player. (Did we all forget what happened to him, via the Marlins?)
McCann is much more built than Buster is, and Buster is our franchise player. (Did we all forget what happened to him, via the Marlins?)

At what price, doe? 80 mil +? I rather have Sanchez and wait for Susac to come up.
Originally posted by ads_2006:
McCann fits the need of a left handed power bat and it would be a huge plus not having to worry about Posey getting hurt again

if the money was right, maybe. but i wouldn't lock him up long term or anything.

if you sign him to a long term deal worth a lot, wouldnt you worry about McCann getting hurt lol. Although, we would all worry about any player getting hurt

Posey was instructed to stop blocking the plate, so another injury like that is unlikely.

We will probably move Posey to 3B and let Pablo leave when the time comes, but for now hes a catcher. No way they pay big money for an aging McCann.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
have Pablo be the back up catcher and have posey and him swap on every so games
Originally posted by Garcia:

Um.. NO

Garce...man! I hope you're joking because I'm used to more quality posts from you, brah!!!!

• Garce
  • Veteran
Garce...man! I hope you're joking because I'm used to more quality posts from you, brah!!!!

lol of course.

You are?

LOL Sandoval hasnt caught in years. They moved him away from that for a reason.
i thought pablo already backs up posey

just goes by hector sanchez those days
[ Edited by ads_2006 on Oct 27, 2013 at 8:21 PM ]
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

You are?

Yea. I respect Garce in the giants fan. He's more knowledgeable than the knuckleheads I know in person.
Share 49ersWebzone