Wish we could talk about the Niners in here... I can't take Niner talk anymore
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:

It is unbearable
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

It is unbearable

It is quite funny and sad. At least the Giants won today. Kudos to them to honor MO.
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

It is unbearable

It is quite funny and sad. At least the Giants won today. Kudos to them to honor MO.

Funny. I thought they had lost. Goes to show how much I pay attention when they are out of it and the NFL is going.
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Adios pelota

Rookie breaks up the no hitter with his first big league home run

Worse case, Adrianza is showing he can be a major league backup middle infielder/pinch runner. I'd say Perez is also making the case that he belongs on the roster if for nothing else but his speed, plus defense and plus arm. If the decision is made to move Belt to LF, I wouldn't mind Perez as a late-inning defensive replacement/spot starter.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Adios pelota

Worse case, Adrianza is showing he can be a major league backup middle infielder/pinch runner. I'd say Perez is also making the case that he belongs on the roster if for nothing else but his speed, plus defense and plus arm. If the decision is made to move Belt to LF, I wouldn't mind Perez as a late-inning defensive replacement/spot starter.

Do you think Adrianza would replace Arias? I wouldn't mind Perez as a 4th OF with Blanco being the 5th, but is Perez really that fast? I guess I haven't noticed it. I really hope they don't move Belt to LF but i read somewhere that it may be a possibility.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Adios pelota

Do you think Adrianza would replace Arias? I wouldn't mind Perez as a 4th OF with Blanco being the 5th, but is Perez really that fast? I guess I haven't noticed it. I really hope they don't move Belt to LF but i read somewhere that it may be a possibility.

I think Adrianza (more SS/2nd-type) would be complimentary to Arias (plays all over the infield). They carried Noonan then Abreu most of the year as the 2nd INF utility guy, but I think Adrianza should be given the chance to win that role.
Abreu

He had that clutch hit doe....
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Abreu

He had that clutch hit doe....

Abreu's got some talent, but he doesn't strike me as a major leaguer and doesn't seem to do any ONE thing particularly well or consistently. Adrianza at least gives you great defense up the middle and from this admittedly SSS, handles himself very well at the plate.
[ Edited by GhostofFredDean74 on Sep 23, 2013 at 8:19 PM ]
The fact that Adrianza has been here for 3 weeks and has only gotten 2 starts....WITH our starting 2nd baseman out....kinda ticks me off.

Maybe in the end he doesn't cut it as a pro, but why not find out??? I don't mind Abreu but there is zero point to playing him right now. Perfect opportunity to get an extended look at a quality youngster.

I have no idea why Buster is playing every day. He has been awful lately, is clearly worn down, and probably still hurt. The Giants should just play all of their kids
I have no idea why Buster is playing every day. He has been awful lately, is clearly worn down, and probably still hurt. The Giants should just play all of their kids

Probably because he's telling Bochy he wants to play. Id assume he wants to try and get out of his slump before the season ends.
C'mon team, finish the season strong.
Originally posted by Niners99:

Probably because he's telling Bochy he wants to play. Id assume he wants to try and get out of his slump before the season ends.

I think he has had enough but I understand Bochy's situation if Posey insists on playing.
Got to give fans on this thread props for sticking around because its getting ugly in The Niner Talk forum.
Share 49ersWebzone