2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by LaMichaelJeff:
Bring in Tanaka and Abreu.

Resign Pence.

WS bound, son.

Where would we play Abreu? I think he's a 1B

Resign pence and Gaudin, and with the addition of Tanaka, this team could be in the chase for a WC.

I would want Ellsburry too but we WISELY spent that money on Pagan.

lol Ellsbury is going to cost 3 times as much as Pagan did. Its not like we picked one over the other.

I think Choo would be a much better signing to leadoff. Elite OB% for a fraction of Ellsbury's price.

That would be $30M per year, which would make Ellsbury the highest paid player in the game, and of course nobody is going to do that. He's $9M right now and someone might offer $16M per for 5 years ($80M), but I can't see any more than that for JE. I like Choo, but he really is useless against LHP and his defense is questionable...but if the deal was reasonable in length, it would be a great investment. Just not sure we can pay big dollars/long-term money to both corner OFers and still put together a great starting pitching staff (which is what this team is built on).
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Bring in Tanaka and Abreu.

Resign Pence.

WS bound, son.

Where would we play Abreu? I think he's a 1B

Resign pence and Gaudin, and with the addition of Tanaka, this team could be in the chase for a WC.

I would want Ellsburry too but we WISELY spent that money on Pagan.

lol Ellsbury is going to cost 3 times as much as Pagan did. Its not like we picked one over the other.

I think Choo would be a much better signing to leadoff. Elite OB% for a fraction of Ellsbury's price.

That would be $30M per year, which would make Ellsbury the highest paid player in the game, and of course nobody is going to do that. He's $9M right now and someone might offer $16M per for 5 years ($80M), but I can't see any more than that for JE. I like Choo, but he really is useless against LHP and his defense is questionable...but if the deal was reasonable in length, it would be a great investment. Just not sure we can pay big dollars/long-term money to both corner OFers and still put together a great starting pitching staff (which is what this team is built on).

Agree on all counts. Choo may get a bit less but not THAT much less than Ellsbury. The one way to combat the Dodgers great pitching is to go out and get an equally great staff. MB, Tanaka, and Cain would be a nice 1-2-3. Add Crick and maybe Escobar or Blackburn to the equation in 2 years and you could have a tremendous starting staff.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Agree on all counts. Choo may get a bit less but not THAT much less than Ellsbury. The one way to combat the Dodgers great pitching is to go out and get an equally great staff. MB, Tanaka, and Cain would be a nice 1-2-3. Add Crick and maybe Escobar or Blackburn to the equation in 2 years and you could have a tremendous starting staff.

you wouldn't want to take a risk on Abreu aka "Cuban Barry Bonds"?
Crawford and Pence go yard. And Hector just went yard too.
[ Edited by Rubberneck36 on Sep 4, 2013 at 4:47 PM ]

There is no chance the Giants go after Tanaka, Abreu, and Pence. I'd rather get the pitcher from Japan.

I think you mean Oscar Taveras, duh.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:

Pablo hr in the 8th. Not like you guys care. I think ghost and I are the only ones still watching
I'm watching... it just seems like spring training though.
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
I'm watching... it just seems like spring training though.

A spring training game where Pablo hits 3 HRs
Did Pablo really just hit 3 bombs again?

Tied for last!!!

Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
Did Pablo really just hit 3 bombs again?

Yes

Pablo hr in the 8th. Not like you guys care. I think ghost and I are the only ones still watching

2 hits today from my boy Perez...glad to see him get off the schneide!
Some dude is trying to get an early extension.
Share 49ersWebzone