LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 256 users in the forums

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

Brown always showed a lack of discipline at the plate, but it's gotten noticeably worse at each level, and he doesn't seem to have made any of the necessary adjustments. Complete waste of talent from what I think (tools-wise) should be at worst, an every day major league CF/fringe all-star.

Totally agree with you on Adrianza. Definitely wouldn't hurt to give him a ton of playing time at 2nd at the very least. They'll probably just start him at SS against lefties though since he's a switch hitter or bring him in blowout situations. He's always been a high OBP guy (2012 at AA being the exception) so I'd like to see Boch give him a shot to hit 2nd in front of Belt, but he'll probably stick him in the 8th spot.

Not sure Adrianza is going to deliver enough at the plate to be a factor, but his glove is definitely major league caliber.
[ Edited by GhostofFredDean74 on Sep 2, 2013 at 10:15 PM ]
the battle for last place, lol
Originally posted by danimal:
the battle for last place, lol

Winning 2 of last 3 WS has made this disappointing season somewhat tolerable.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
SAN DIEGO – Heath Hembree headlines a list of eight players who will join the Giants on Tuesday following the regular-season finale for Triple-A Fresno.

In addition to Hembree, talented defensive shortstop Ehire Adrianza and power-hitting catcher Johnny Monell will be on a big league roster for the first time. The club also will recall infielder Nick Noonan, outfielder Francisco Peguero, outfielder Juan Perez, right-hander George Kontos and right-hander Jake Dunning.

Again, no Gary Brown

Gary Brown is a bust at this point.

Excited to see Hembree, Adrianza and Monell. (and Peguero )
Originally posted by Garcia:
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
SAN DIEGO – Heath Hembree headlines a list of eight players who will join the Giants on Tuesday following the regular-season finale for Triple-A Fresno.

In addition to Hembree, talented defensive shortstop Ehire Adrianza and power-hitting catcher Johnny Monell will be on a big league roster for the first time. The club also will recall infielder Nick Noonan, outfielder Francisco Peguero, outfielder Juan Perez, right-hander George Kontos and right-hander Jake Dunning.

Again, no Gary Brown

Gary Brown is a bust at this point.

Excited to see Hembree, Adrianza and Monell. (and Peguero )

Not sure why you would be so excited to see Peguero AGAIN but whatever. I am really interested in watching Hembree and Adrianza.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Not sure why you would be so excited to see Peguero AGAIN but whatever. I am really interested in watching Hembree and Adrianza.

It's completely irrational. Just want my feels to come to fruition.
Originally posted by Garcia:

It's completely irrational. Just want my feels to come to fruition.

I would've preferred to see Chris Dominguez instead. They're both essentially non-prospects, but we've at least seen what Peguero can do already and it's not much.
Remember when Runzler was supposed to be our closer of the future? Then was gonna get stretched out to be a starter? Then was DFA'd?
Just saw this on ESPN. Barry Zito's ERA+ of 57 is the worst in the history of the Giants ( for pitchers who threw 100+ innings). ERA+ , for those who dont know, is really a more fair way of looking at ERAs because it factors in the home ball park and the league.

Barry had 2 weeks of glory for the Giants and helped win a WS. Will always be grateful for 2012. Other than that though just an embarrassing time in SF.
Just saw this on ESPN. Barry Zito's ERA+ of 57 is the worst in the history of the Giants ( for pitchers who threw 100+ innings). ERA+ , for those who dont know, is really a more fair way of looking at ERAs because it factors in the home ball park and the league.

Barry had 2 weeks of glory for the Giants and helped win a WS. Will always be grateful for 2012. Other than that though just an embarrassing time in SF.

Zito, thank you and here is your $7 mil buyout check. Now GTFO.

Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

Zito, thank you and here is your $7 mil buyout check. Now GTFO.

Actually at this point it would be in our best interest to throw Zito out there every fifth day for the remainder of the season. Getting a protected top 10 draft pick is huge so the Giants can sign FA who have received Qualifying Offers from other teams.
About time:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/rumor-san-francisco-giants-may-pursue-top-international-210700632--mlb.html
Originally posted by pdizo916:
About time:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/rumor-san-francisco-giants-may-pursue-top-international-210700632--mlb.html

Get both!
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
About time:

Get both!

I think they should go all in on Tanaka to shore up their SP, then use 1-2 of their prospects not named Crick to trade for a veteran LF.
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
About time:

Get both!

What's been preventing us from pursuing international talent of the last few years again? I'm really unfamiliar with that stage of the offseason
Share 49ersWebzone