LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 309 users in the forums

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

Kickham has solid stuff but MAJOR control issues.
Interesting day at Muni Stadium today. Sat behind the plate today next to a guy named Steve Kettman (ghost writer for Canseco's "Juiced" and the author of a book called "One Day in Fenway") who's currently writing a book on Sandy Alderson. He was at Muni Stadium to do some background work on the Zach Wheeler trade, and I asked him if there was any truth to the rumor that the Mets really wanted Gary Brown but "settled" for Wheeler. He said something along the lines of "no, the Mets were looking for pitching and though Brown was part of the discussion, Wheeler was their target. And Sabean felt pretty strongly that the Giants had plenty of pitching so they could take the risk in exchange for a another shot at a ring."

So the story of the Mets really wanting Brown but instead we gave them Wheeler has no merit, according to this guy.
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
BTW, Nate Schierholtz is an example of a guy who we drafted/developed, put up pretty good numbers in the minors and played ok for us too when he was healthy, but has really flourished in the friendly confines of Wrigley Field. He's having an even better year than Pence with nearly 200 less ABs. Makes you wonder just how good Posey, Panda, Belt and even Crawford might do if they played somewhere else.

If Posey played for the Brewers hed be hitting 35 HR a year. He's lost so many HR this year at AT&T. I can think of about 5 different times when he crushed a ball, and it died on the track.

Im not going to give the Giants hitters a ton of sympathy for AT&T though, because Pence and Sandoval went how long without a HR this year? It seems like both of them went almost 2 months without one, home or away. Posey hasnt even hit one in a month.

Part of the problem is playing half your games in a very pitcher friendly park, but another big part is not being in good counts. The Giants always get themselves into bad counts, and then have to try to stay alive. HR's come when youre ahead of the count and can sit on something. I wish they would add a couple more patient hitters into the lineup. We have too many free swingers.

Our hitters definitely need to figure out the patient part at the plate. If that's an organizational thing, it needs to get fixed.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Interesting day at Muni Stadium today. Sat behind the plate today next to a guy named Steve Kettman (ghost writer for Canseco's "Juiced" and the author of a book called "One Day in Fenway") who's currently writing a book on Sandy Alderson. He was at Muni Stadium to do some background work on the Zach Wheeler trade, and I asked him if there was any truth to the rumor that the Mets really wanted Gary Brown but "settled" for Wheeler. He said something along the lines of "no, the Mets were looking for pitching and though Brown was part of the discussion, Wheeler was their target. And Sabean felt pretty strongly that the Giants had plenty of pitching so they could take the risk in exchange for a another shot at a ring."

So the story of the Mets really wanting Brown but instead we gave them Wheeler has no merit, according to this guy.
who the fuvk is the guy with the Tigers jersey doe?

Is he lost?

''Good Beeches, today,'' says Sanchez.

Career high by 10 ks by Petit.
Petit is ballling.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
I can make it to Richmond in two hours, I should catch a game next year.

where do you live? I'm East Coast too, but Richmond is about 2 hours from MD
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:

Northern Virginia bro. Just south of DC. Hit me up

Richmond loves their flying squirrels, but the city doesn't want to give them a new stadium oddly enough. Diamond stadium is 28 years old.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Who got called up?
Originally posted by Garcia:
Who got called up?

So far just Abreu.

Originally posted by TonyStarks:
who the fuvk is the guy with the Tigers jersey doe?

Is he lost?

''Good Beeches, today,'' says Sanchez.

Career high by 10 ks by Petit.

I was at the A's/Rays game in my Giants jersey.....
Giants shutout the Dodgers to win the AZL Championship 4-0. Cristian Paulino, Ryder Jones and Christian Arroyo all went 2-4 and RHP Keury Mella gave up no runs on 4 hits in 5 IP, walking 4 and striking out 6. Nick Gonzales pitched the remaining 4 innings giving up only 1 hit, walking 1 and also striking out 6. Giants pitching allowed only 1 unearned run during the 2-game playoffs walking 7 and striking out 26.
[ Edited by GhostofFredDean74 on Sep 1, 2013 at 9:54 PM ]
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

Richmond loves their flying squirrels, but the city doesn't want to give them a new stadium oddly enough. Diamond stadium is 28 years old.

Probably because Richmond is a dump. The only reason I would go there is the flying squirrels

Probably because Richmond is a dump. The only reason I would go there is the flying squirrels

yeah same, would love to catch a game next year

yeah same, would love to catch a game next year

Werd
Share 49ersWebzone