There are 172 users in the forums

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Good article on Belt:

http://www.gammonsdaily.com/brandon-belt-the-first-baseman-youre-not-talking-about/

Wish all the haters were still here to eat crow.

BELT f**kING SUCKS. CUT HIM AND LET HIM BE GOOD ON ANOTHER TEAM.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Not sure, but probably had something to do with the rotation SJ already had lined up (Crick, Escobar, Blach, Mejia and Blackburn). I think their hope/expectation was that Stratton would dominate the Sally (like Agosta did) and eventually move to SJ this year when one of their starting 5 got bumped to AA. Escobar did his part and got bumped, but Stratton struggled more than they hoped he would. IMO, Agosta would've gotten the bump to SJ instead, but struggled with nagging injuries.

Is Agosta projected as a closer? I think last year, I heard something to that nature

I read the same thing from a few scouting reports and I can definitely see that happening down the road.
Not sure, but probably had something to do with the rotation SJ already had lined up (Crick, Escobar, Blach, Mejia and Blackburn). I think their hope/expectation was that Stratton would dominate the Sally (like Agosta did) and eventually move to SJ this year when one of their starting 5 got bumped to AA. Escobar did his part and got bumped, but Stratton struggled more than they hoped he would. IMO, Agosta would've gotten the bump to SJ instead, but struggled with nagging injuries.

Is Agosta projected as a closer? I think last year, I heard something to that nature

I read the same thing from a few scouting reports and I can definitely see that happening down the road.

You've answered all my questions, kind sir. Now I'm satisfied for today.

You've answered all my questions, kind sir. Now I'm satisfied for today.

Good article on Belt:

http://www.gammonsdaily.com/brandon-belt-the-first-baseman-youre-not-talking-about/

Just wish he would've changed his grip sooner.
Good article on Belt:

Yep. I really hope this 2nd half and his change at the plate can carry over to next year and get him to the next level. No reason why he shouldnt be a .290 hitter with 20+homers and 90 rbi.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Belt is the f**king man and I would like to toot my own horn a bit saying he would be a good #3 in front of Posey.

Ideally we'd have Pablo hitting 5th and Pence 6th

Can't wait to see this kid continue to develop. Next year is his year.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Good article on Belt:

Yep. I really hope this 2nd half and his change at the plate can carry over to next year and get him to the next level. No reason why he shouldnt be a .290 hitter with 20+homers and 90 rbi.

Good article. I hope this success follows next year. We all know hitters train throughout the off season, I am excited to see what he can do by using the new grip/adjusted stance through the offseason. A few of us always knew the kid had real potential.
Send a few mid-level prospects to MIN for Josh Willingham (due $7M in '14) and semi-platoon him with Kieschnick next year; that should take care of LF. Willingham's only played in 89 games this year because of injuries, but still managed 12 HRs, 45 RBI and a .347 OBP. He's a career .360 OBP/.835 OPS guy who's averaged 22 HRs per year in his 8 full seasons. Re-sign Pence, sign this Masahiro Tanaka guy from Japan instead of Timmy and re-sign Gaudin.

MadBum, Cain, Tanaka, Vogey, Gaudin and the lefty Escobar towards the middle/end of the season.

Pagan - CF
Scutaro - 2nd
Belt - 1st
Posey - C
Panda - 3rd
Pence - RF
Willingham - LF
Crawford - SS

• Garce
  • Veteran
Send a few mid-level prospects to MIN for Josh Willingham (due $7M in '14) and semi-platoon him with Kieschnick next year; that should take care of LF. Willingham's only played in 89 games this year because of injuries, but still managed 12 HRs, 45 RBI and a .347 OBP. He's a career .360 OBP/.835 OPS guy who's averaged 22 HRs per year in his 8 full seasons. Re-sign Pence, sign this Masahiro Tanaka guy from Japan instead of Timmy and re-sign Gaudin.

MadBum, Cain, Tanaka, Vogey, Gaudin and the lefty Escobar towards the middle/end of the season.

Pagan - CF
Scutaro - 2nd
Belt - 1st
Posey - C
Panda - 3rd
Pence - RF
Willingham - LF
Crawford - SS

its not the worst idea I ever heard. Isn't there some Cuban OF thats really good that people are trying to sign?

Whats up with Tanaka? Whats his deal, how much would it cost to bring him over?

Pagan - CF
Scutaro - 2nd
Belt - 1st
Posey - C
Panda - 3rd
Pence - RF
Willingham - LF
Crawford - SS

Vogey needs to retire this offseason
Several clubs expect that pitcher Masahiro Tanaka will look to join an MLB team this offseason, according to Badler, which confirms what we've heard in recent months. The 6-foot-2, 205-pounder has put together a sterling season this year for the Rakuten Golden Eagles, compiling a 1.20 ERA across 158 innings with 130 strikeouts and just 22 walks. With an arsenal that includes a low-90s fastball and two plus secondary offerings - including a splitter that grades out at a 70 on the 20-80 scouting scale - some scouts project him as a potential No. 2 starter that could help a team immediately, Badler reports.

Badler's article reveals that both the Rangers and Yankees have sent top scouts to Japan to watch the 24-year-old pitch, and could be the favorites to sign him. However, they're not the only teams keeping tabs on the righty as the Red Sox and Twins have also been connected.
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:

Pagan - CF
Scutaro - 2nd
Belt - 1st
Posey - C
Panda - 3rd
Pence - RF
Willingham - LF
Crawford - SS

Vogey needs to retire this offseason

Vogey has pitched pretty well since coming off the DL. Maybe you missed the game he pitched against Pittsburgh? I fully expect the Giants to exercise the option and bring him back especially if they pass on Lincecum.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Good article on Belt:

If some people can get on base in front of him of course.
kKkkkk
.kkkk
ko
km ooohjolojjb bnokkoooooo
Share 49ersWebzone