LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 291 users in the forums

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

• Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by Garcia:
Originally posted by robniner:
Out of the three placed on waivers, who will be likely to go? Or will they finish the season?

all were claimed immediately and all were pulled back

That doesnt mean a deal couldnt be worked out with the teams that claimed them. They have 48 hours to work out a deal. We have no idea who claimed them but I still think it would make sense to deal Lopez if they could get a pretty good return back.

I heard on KNBR all were claimed, Timmy Javy and whoever else. We will see.
Out of the three placed on waivers, who will be likely to go? Or will they finish the season?

That doesnt mean a deal couldnt be worked out with the teams that claimed them. They have 48 hours to work out a deal. We have no idea who claimed them but I still think it would make sense to deal Lopez if they could get a pretty good return back.

Pence
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:

The only one that might go would be Lopez. Most likely they will all finish the season.

Yup, if anyone goes it would be Javy, but they're likely all just blocked.

TRADE ERRYBODY!

Yes. They were all claimed. The Giants can either work out a deal with the team that claimed them, let them simply go to those teams for nothing to save the money ( like what happened with Cody Ross to the Giants), or simply pull them back and keep them. It sounds like the Giants want to bring them all back next year so its unlikely anything will happen.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Yes. They were all claimed. The Giants can either work out a deal with the team that claimed them, let them simply go to those teams for nothing to save the money ( like what happened with Cody Ross to the Giants), or simply pull them back and keep them. It sounds like the Giants want to bring them all back next year so its unlikely anything will happen.

me thinks
@AlexPavlovic: Bochy said 5 or 6 players will be up on September 1. No decision made yet on Gary Brown. Most of available 40-man guys are pitchers.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
@AlexPavlovic: Bochy said 5 or 6 players will be up on September 1. No decision made yet on Gary Brown. Most of available 40-man guys are pitchers.

Err, not really....Abreu, Tanaka, Adrianza, Noonan, Juan Perez and even Angel Villalona are on the 40 man.
not sure if posted but Sandoval announces he won't go to Venezuela for winter league this year and will focus on his family, daughters, and the upcoming season. Says he's focused on finishing this season and start working towards next season.
Originally posted by vrabbit:
not sure if posted but Sandoval announces he won't go to Venezuela for winter league this year and will focus on his family, daughters, and the upcoming season. Says he's focused on finishing this season and start working towards next season.

Thank goodness. Work your ass out!
Originally posted by vrabbit:e upcoming season. Says he's focused on finishing this season and start working towards next season.

His contract year is coming up. That's why he's on his P's and Q's. I wouldn't trust him with a long-term deal, but the team may not have a choice.....

Pence.
Pablo.
[ Edited by GhostofFredDean74 on Aug 27, 2013 at 5:47 PM ]
Pence.
Pablo.

Wow we waited all year...first time we went back to back. ....
Pence.
Pablo.

Tru tru, but those two balls were crushed!
Pence.
Pablo.

Yep, ad solid first inning for the kid.
Pence.
Pablo.

Yep, ad solid first inning for the kid.

Very solid outing by Petit.
Share 49ersWebzone