can't wait for next April!!!
Originally posted by boast:
can't wait for next April!!!

lol
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Hope we get to see Peguero tonight.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Great performance today in a big 3-game series for Augusta's Kendry Flores. 8 innings, 1 ER, only 5 hits allowed, no walks and 15 Ks! He leads all South Atlantic League qualified starters in K's (134), WHIP by a wide margin (0.94 before his start today), is 2nd in FIP (.282) and is now 3rd in ERA (.265).

Statistically, he's been the best overall starter on Augusta's staff (which includes top prospects Chris Stratton and Martin Agosta) and at 21 is the second youngest starter (only 2 months older than Joan Gregorio). Definitely someone to keep an eye on.

From BAs Prospect Hot Sheet - Helium:

Kendry Flores, rhp, Giants: Flores pitched one of the best games we've seen in the minors on Wednesday for low Class A Augusta. The 21-year-old struck out 15 batters without issuing a walk over eight innings, allowing only one run against Lexington. The only pitcher in the minors this year who has struck out more batters in a start is Phillies lefthander Jesse Biddle, who whiffed 16 batters for Double-A Reading back in April. Flores' start was no fluke, either, as he's a legitimate prospect with a mid-90s fastball in the midst of a breakout season, which includes four double-digit strikeout games and a stellar 134-17 K-BB mark and a 2.65 ERA in 135 2/3 innings.
[ Edited by GhostofFredDean74 on Aug 23, 2013 at 10:49 AM ]
Originally posted by Garcia:

Still hoping to tank I see? Dude is not a MLB OF starter. Just like Kickham, great in the minors, completely average in the bigs.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:

Still hoping to tank I see? Dude is not a MLB OF starter. Just like Kickham, great in the minors, completely average in the bigs.

You're probably right, but I hope you aren't.

Nothing wrong with being hopeful but I dont think Peguero has what it takes to be even a 4th OF in the majors.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

Nothing wrong with being hopeful but I dont think Peguero has what it takes to be even a 4th OF in the majors.

Pegs is a personal favorite of mine because of the way he plays the game (all-out, Crash-Davis style) and I hope he does well while he's up here, but I have to agree...as a major leaguer, he'd be lucky to find a spot as the 25th man on a bad team.
  • Garce
  • Veteran

Pegs is a personal favorite of mine because of the way he plays the game (all-out, Crash-Davis style) and I hope he does well while he's up here, but I have to agree...as a major leaguer, he'd be lucky to find a spot as the 25th man on a bad team.

All fair points, only thing he has going for him I think it's been a relatively small sample size so far. He is still 24.

All fair points, only thing he has going for him I think it's been a relatively small sample size so far. He is still 24.

Yup, but he's a minor league free agent after this year so regardless of what happens, he's likely not in our plans anyway.

• Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niners99:

Cain is headed to the DL. You want him to return to pitch meaningless innings in September?
Originally posted by Hopper:
Originally posted by Niners99:

Cain is headed to the DL. You want him to return to pitch meaningless innings in September?

There's really no point.
I'm sure Cain might've missed a start if these were meaningful games, but I'm 100% for sitting him down. He needs this rest.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
I'm sure Cain might've missed a start if these were meaningful games, but I'm 100% for sitting him down. He needs this rest.

agreed.
There is absolutely nothing to gain for Cain to pitch another inning this season. Give that arm a much needed rest.
Share 49ersWebzone