LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 280 users in the forums

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by Garcia:
Buster Posey aint playing 3B

You have no idea what he will be doing down the road. First base will be out with Belt coming on and the Giants may want to protect their best hitter from injury and ear and tear. It isnt like other teams havent moved catchers to other spots. I think 3B or LF could be an option depending again what they decide to do with Sandoval. Ideally, Sandoval gets in shape, the Giants get an impact LF, and Posey stays at C for the next few years. No given however.

I just don't know who replaces him at C and provides the same value. Susac is far from even remotely a given as a major league player although he's improved a ton in the minors this year.

I think it's much easier to go out at get a 3B or a LF than a catcher like Posey.

Well sure.. catchers like Buster are near impossible to find. But, there arent many 3B or impact OFs out there either. I agree that it would be better for Panda to get in shape and be the 3B and to get a top OF. I dont think there are any givens right now in what direction the team will go.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Thinking more and more about this... (changing topics a bit)

I like the idea of signing Nelson Cruz on a 1 year deal in LF. We need Dat Power doe
[ Edited by Garcia on Aug 22, 2013 at 11:53 AM ]
Thinking more and more about (changing topics a bit)

I like the idea of signing Nelson Cruz on a 1 year deal in LF. We need Dat Power doe

I dont think Cruz will settle for just a 1 year deal. Melky signed for that because I dont think anyone really trusted what he could do without roids and its kind of proven out this year. Cruz has been an established power hitter for years and I think will get a longer term deal. But, I would take a shot at him if he will sign a 1 or 2 year deal.
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Buster Posey aint playing 3B

You have no idea what he will be doing down the road. First base will be out with Belt coming on and the Giants may want to protect their best hitter from injury and ear and tear. It isnt like other teams havent moved catchers to other spots. I think 3B or LF could be an option depending again what they decide to do with Sandoval. Ideally, Sandoval gets in shape, the Giants get an impact LF, and Posey stays at C for the next few years. No given however.

I just don't know who replaces him at C and provides the same value. Susac is far from even remotely a given as a major league player although he's improved a ton in the minors this year.

I think it's much easier to go out at get a 3B or a LF than a catcher like Posey.

By 2015, Susac (25 by then) should be ready. You pair him with a veteran catcher and he should be fine.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Will Clarks NLCS Grand Slam vs the cubbies.... apparently he read maddox's lips that it was going to be a fastball inside and high prior to the pitch
thats how the whole, 'talking into your glove started'

at the 1:21:15 mark

[ Edited by Garcia on Aug 22, 2013 at 1:58 PM ]
Thinking more and more about (changing topics a bit)

I dont think Cruz will settle for just a 1 year deal. Melky signed for that because I dont think anyone really trusted what he could do without roids and its kind of proven out this year. Cruz has been an established power hitter for years and I think will get a longer term deal. But, I would take a shot at him if he will sign a 1 or 2 year deal.

Yep, but it begs the question is it because he's been on PEDs the whole time?

I just wish we could somehow trade Pagan and get a real CF.
this was taken today. it's like a whole different person!

Originally posted by LaMichaelJeff:

Originally posted by LaMichaelJeff:

Contract year is coming up. I don't believe he's fa real
I have to admit

seeing bochy give absolutely no fuvks is admirable. It's like he has a grand master plan and he knows what's around the bend.
Scutaro 2B, Arias SS, Belt 1B, Posey C, Pence RF, Sandoval 3B, Pill LF, Blanco CF, Cain RHP

• Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Scutaro 2B, Arias SS, Belt 1B, Posey C, Pence RF, Sandoval 3B, Pill LF, Blanco CF, Cain RHP

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
#SFGiants made the following roster moves today: Kickham optioned to triple-A. Torres placed on 15-day DL with a left achilles strain.

Nick Noonan and Francisco Peguero have both been recalled from triple-A Fresno #SFGiants
Originally posted by sfgiantdave:
#SFGiants made the following roster moves today: Kickham optioned to triple-A. Torres placed on 15-day DL with a left achilles strain.

Nick Noonan and Francisco Peguero have both been recalled from triple-A Fresno #SFGiants

Definitely needed another INF on the roster, and nice to see Frankie Pegs getting another shot.
  • Garce
  • Veteran

With Pagan coming back soon and Juan Perez a likely call-up, I have a feeling we won't be seeing Torres anymore.
Share 49ersWebzone